Windows 10: Windows auto-adjusting microphone volume?

Discus and support Windows auto-adjusting microphone volume? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows keeps turning my microphone volume down which isn't very helpful since I speak very quietly most of the time. My microphone is a Blue Yeti and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/404Aroma, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Windows auto-adjusting microphone volume?

Windows keeps turning my microphone volume down which isn't very helpful since I speak very quietly most of the time.

My microphone is a Blue Yeti and I already turned off the exclusive control.

submitted by /u/404Aroma
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/404Aroma, Aug 4, 2020

2. Microphone Auto Adjusts on Windows 10.

Good afternoon.

I'm having the following issue:

While I'm having a meeting using Google Hangouts, I noticed that my webcam (Logitech Brio) microphone levels drop to 80-60%, I have been trying to find a solution for this but so far I haven't been able to get a solution.

I already checked all the threads I found on the Microsoft help forum but none of them have solved the issue, I don't use or have Skype.

Info:

• I'm using Microsoft Windows 10 Pro.
    • Chrome is updated.
    • Windows is updated to the latest (version 1803)
    • Driver for the microphone is updated to the latest
    What I already did:

• Ofc, restarted the PC.
    • Searched for malware on the computer.
    • Tested:
      • Communcations - Do nothing
      • Remove - Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.
      • Tested by changing the default format (CD quality, Tape, DVD etc.)
      • Remove all the software that might be using the microphone.
      • Installed my webcam (Logitech Brio) latest drivers
    • With different software besides GH, same results.
    Also, this issue can be reproduced with any other microphone. I just can't find any solution to this issue, it's there any way to disable the auto adjust levels of the microphone? is so annoying that I the levels are automatically moving and it makes me
    not able to hear properly.

Thank you.

Nestor Ibarra.

NestorIbarra, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Problem with microphone adjust.

When iam using microphone and speaking the volume of the microphone being lower.
    1.I've removed auto-adjust from skype.
    2.I have the latest version of realtek audio.
    3.I have the latest driver version of my microphone.
    4.Selected "Do nothing" at "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Sound".
    5.And also this

Windows auto-adjusting microphone volume? [​IMG]
    still auto adjusting the microphone and no one can hear me good.
    How can i unadjust the microphone?

ExtendLord, Aug 4, 2020
  4. BIBZ8185 Win User

Windows auto-adjusting microphone volume?

Microphone keeps auto adjusting

Hi all,

Since installing Windows 10, I've had this constant problem with my microphone (Samson C01U) where it keeps auto adjusting depending of how loud I'm being, never happend before with Windows 7.

I have turnt off auto adjust on every bit of software I can think of but it still continues.

Any ideas of how to fix.

Any help is appreciated Windows auto-adjusting microphone volume? :D

BIBZ8185, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows auto-adjusting microphone volume?

1. Windows auto-adjusting microphone volume? - Similar Threads - auto adjusting microphone

2. Microphone auto adjusting volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone auto adjusting volume: Hi, so I've found an issue with the microphone today while using google meet. The others participants were hearing me too loudly, so I decided to lower the microphone volume, but after a few seconds it started increasing the volume again. I already disabled the exclusive...
  3. Microphone auto adjust!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone auto adjust!!!: Who came up with the ridiculous idea to auto adjust the microphone?? With so many things half baked and broken in windows 10, is it MS's mission to break everything else as well?? With one of the worst customer ratings in the world, one would think that you lot might want to...
  4. Microphone volume auto adjust in certain programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone volume auto adjust in certain programs: Before you say anything: No it is NOT "allow programs to take exclusive control of this device". That has never been enabled on my PC and never will. Literally every time i try to search for an answer to this they all say that. Now that that's out of the way: Every time i...
  5. Windows 10 Will Not stop Auto-Adjusting Microphone Volume

Windows 10 Will Not stop Auto-Adjusting Microphone Volume: Windows 10, for the last few days since I moved all my stuff to a different room, has been constantly and slowly lowering my mic volume, I have 'allow applications to take exclusive control' OFF and I can't find anything else even remotely helpful, my drivers are up to date,...
  6. Microphone Volume Auto-Adjusting

Microphone Volume Auto-Adjusting: My microphone volume is being auto-adjusted and I can't find why. I have already disabled allow apps to take exclusive control. Confirmed Skype is not set to auto-adjust. Neither is Steam Friends list. Example Image You can see in the example, it starts out high, can...
  7. Auto microphone adjust to max

Auto microphone adjust to max: I'm having this problem which whenever i open any game, my mic automatically boost it to 100. I'm using a blue yeti and it frustrates me so much that i have to adjust manually to 0. I have searched a lot of solution and it didn't work. For example: Dota 2 whenever the game...
  8. window10 microphone volume level auto adjust

in Windows 10 Customization
    window10 microphone volume level auto adjust: window10 microphone volume level auto adjust by itself most of time it reset to 100 and last time it adjusted to 87 for the first time it seems like it happens alot when i restart the comptuer but it happened last time during i was working on my computer i tried most of...
  9. Microphone Volume Won't Stop Auto Adjusting

Microphone Volume Won't Stop Auto Adjusting: I have a Neewer 7000 USB PnP microphone. I want to adjust the volume of it but when I do and start talking again it auto adjusts to 100. I do not want this to happen because it picks up my keyboard clicks and makes the quality bad and really loud. I have uninstalled the...
  10. Microphone Auto Adjust

Microphone Auto Adjust: On Windows 10, microphone keeps automatically adjusting. Anything to help? I have no idea what is wrong, so just reply if you need more info. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-auto-adjust/57afd8d5-bacf-46c5-b09b-61a0492c2668