Windows 10: Windows auto assigns user name when signing in with Microsoft account

Discus and support Windows auto assigns user name when signing in with Microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, When first installing Windows it asks me to sign in with a Microsoft account but when I do it automatically assigns a user name for me. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RassoulEdji, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Windows auto assigns user name when signing in with Microsoft account

Hello,

When first installing Windows it asks me to sign in with a Microsoft account but when I do it automatically assigns a user name for me. This automatic user name that was given to me was 'rasso' I tried reinstalling Windows to see if it was just a one time thing but it did it again with the same exact name. I believe that it is pulling this info from somewhere but I just cant figure out where its pulling the info from so I can change it. Does anyone know why it does this?

For some context my name is Rassoul Edji. If it automatically assigned my user name as Rassoul I wouldn't be surprised because it's my name but I'd also be very happy. I don't see why it keeps assigning rasso as my user name.

I'm not talking about the name you see when signing into Windows on the lock screen. I'm talking about the user name that you can find under C:/users/

:)

RassoulEdji, Aug 24, 2018

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Aug 24, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Account name user name

Ok, let's review.
    • Your Microsoft account aliases do not have the len address listed.
    • Your Microsoft account name online is correct.
    • You have a local account on the PC with the len address shown under "Your info".

I'm pretty sure you are signed in to an app with the len address, and is why you are seeing this.

As a test, click on the "Stop signing in to all Microsoft apps automatically" link below to see if that may remove it.

Windows auto assigns user name when signing in with Microsoft account [​IMG]

Brink, Aug 24, 2018
  4. Jessen P Win User

Windows auto assigns user name when signing in with Microsoft account

Query about changing the User Accounts name

Hi Jerry,

Perform the steps mentioned below to change the user account name.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.

• Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Please revert if you still cannot change the user account name.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows auto assigns user name when signing in with Microsoft account

1. Windows auto assigns user name when signing in with Microsoft account - Similar Threads - auto assigns user

2. User account name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account name: Good morning,the workstation I used for a colleague of mine has passed to another. My problem now is to keep order and make the PC recognizable:PC Name: PB1Username: Bern...Account name: ...@gmail.comUsually i share the online account among people of that office, while having...
  3. User account name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User account name: Good morning,the workstation I used for a colleague of mine has passed to another. My problem now is to keep order and make the PC recognizable:PC Name: PB1Username: Bern...Account name: ...@gmail.comUsually i share the online account among people of that office, while having...
  4. Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?: I just installed Windows 10 on a workstation on my network there are many computers on this internal network. Since this network is secure and I'm the only employee... the same username and password is used on all systems... mine. This makes it very simple to use the...
  5. Wrong account name when signing in

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Wrong account name when signing in: I get the problems with your account notice. I click to signin. It shows a signin name that is not my current one it displays an old one and asks for a password. The password for my current account does not work, and rejects it. But I can't find a way to change the signin...
  6. Unable to sign in to microsoft user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to sign in to microsoft user account: miscrosoft account sing in "You need to install an app for this task" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-in-to-microsoft-user-account/ded709da-dfff-4a4f-8bbf-96de589104fe
  7. Microsoft Account --> Change "Users" Name.

Microsoft Account --> Change "Users" Name.: Ok, so I created a Microsoft Account and Windows seemed to assign the first 4 letters of my "sign-in e-mail" as my C: > Users name. What's the best way to change my "Users" name in C drive? Also, how do I delete profile images under "Settings" ? I see how I can switch...
  8. No assignment was made between the netplwiz account names.

No assignment was made between the netplwiz account names.: Hello, I changed my username through netplwiz, and I get the message "no assignment was made between account names and security identifiers ... So what do I do? I'm zero in technology and I do not understand the instructions to fix this problem. I hope you answer me, thank...
  9. user account name

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    user account name: can I remove the user account only from my pc login screen, and not anywhere else? I tried to install office & update windows 10, but my sign in screen name changed. The email accounts of 2 accounts I have are now on the PC sign in screen. There doesn't seem to be anything...
  10. Account name user name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account name user name: You don't want to remove the account since it is your only one. Are you able to "Edit name" of your account online like below to change it to what you wanted instead? Change User Name of Account in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials [img]

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop signing in to all microsoft apps automatically