Windows 10: Windows auto-resets deafult audio format settings. Firewire bus.

Discus and support Windows auto-resets deafult audio format settings. Firewire bus. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an external Audio interface, that supports from 44.1 to 196 khz. In Sound > Preferences > Properties for the selected device, I set the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jupp Broadshield, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Windows auto-resets deafult audio format settings. Firewire bus.

I have an external Audio interface, that supports from 44.1 to 196 khz.

In Sound > Preferences > Properties for the selected device,

I set the default audio format to 44.1, untick applications can take exclusive control*

*because I'm trying to prevent something to revert the changes...

Then magic happens, while watching a youtube vid, or stream over Edge browser, in a gaming session... audio degrades...

I run the trobleshooter amidst the session and it say bad audio format, solution? Audio reverted to default format, only to discover that the new default is 48Khz... which I tried to avoid.

It doesn't ends there, you would guess, why don't just leave it at 48Khz?

Because audio will degrades no matter what, that's why I chose to go the 44.1 Khz route.

At 48 Khz after having run into the same issues and run troubleshooter fix, it bear the same diagnosis, audio format no set to default.

Or worst, generic audio driver... which is windows driver that windows put there, and I can't uninstall; alongside it sits my driver installed

and it's been rock solid for 10+ years on multiple machines, with windows XP, and later win 7 professional.

Motu firewire Ultralite Mk2 is my only audio intereface, no other interfaces are present. This is a professional workstation.

Checking for ghost devices, i.e. duplicated hidden devices. Negative.

My driver is signed Mark of the Unicorn Motu firewire, updated to be win 10 compliant.

HD audio interfaces are inhibited at a BIOS level to not interfere. issue not present.

AMD HDMI HDA audio interfaces are dishabilitated under sound preferences to not interfere also with the ONLY audio interface.

In sound preferences windows sees two preferred formats only: 44.1 and 48, it doesn't see other DA formats than those.

But how does it decides 48 it is a better audio format?

All this degrading is ruining my gaming experiences, causing games to crash, television

streams drops...

Because it's an high end device, it needs a high firewire bus bandwith. It is driven by a PCIE Texas instrument chip

on a 400 firewire port, bearing both power and data, so do not think the degrading issue sits in the format swapping, actually the format swapping could be a temporary windows solution to revert the audio interface back to an operative state from a bad state that is

caused by something else, and that might be a firewire bottleneck caused by windows 10, or other unknown power problems.

As I said, 10+ plus of no problems, power settings are set to maximum, so there should not be a SLEEP problem, that power is denied to the interface, it has never been a problem previously, i.e. windows 7 and XP. But unknown system saving power functions might cause this.

These are all hypothesis, I'm trying to depict a clear picture of the issue, and might cause.

Constructive thinking might help.

Now, just a single question: IF I would want to tell windows that the DEFAULT format is 44.1 and not 48 Khz, how do I do that???

How does He/She knows it's 48 and not 44.1 or 196???

:)

Jupp Broadshield, Jan 1, 2019
  2. cheebers Win User

1394a Firewire drivers for Windows 10

I have a Siig too an 800 3 port pcie in particular. i was having intermittent sound issues and thought it was my audio interface but soon found it was the firewire drivers. i updated to the latest drivers and lost sound completely.

cut a long story short i went to device manager after updating three times just to be sure, and saw the siig 1394 controller at the top of the list labelled as a bus controller, i just thought it was odd and not where it normally sits in the list, so i right
    clicked it and clicked update drivers, it prompted me to choose from where so i'd pretty much given up by now and clicked from the web. then a little bar came up filled up and up popped my profire (firewire device)

might not be that helpful but i thought id chip in since i had this page open when i stumbled upon the solution.

cheebers, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 1, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Windows auto-resets deafult audio format settings. Firewire bus.

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows auto-resets deafult audio format settings. Firewire bus.

1. Windows auto-resets deafult audio format settings. Firewire bus. - Similar Threads - auto resets deafult

2. Windows 10 usb and firewire audio drivers problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 usb and firewire audio drivers problem: HelloOn my old pc with windows 10 there was any problem with my audio devices. On the new system also with windows 10, the audio drivers on both usb and firewire audio interfaces have major problems .The firewire device isn't working at all , whereas the usb device is working...
  3. Drive auto formatted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive auto formatted: One of drive fully auto deleted after uninstall a game.MS customer care said to update the computer to latest version,i did,but it did not worked..What to do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-auto-formatted/81031327-43ff-467b-b3bc-8b45553eff84
  4. Drive auto formatted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive auto formatted: One of drive fully auto deleted after uninstall a game.MS customer care said to update the computer to latest version,i did,but it did not worked..What to do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-auto-formatted/81031327-43ff-467b-b3bc-8b45553eff84
  5. Drive auto formatted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. 20H2 and Firewire/Audio issues

20H2 and Firewire/Audio issues: I have a MOTU Ultralike MK3 which I have connected through Firewire on my desktop. My specs: ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Motherboard AMD 3800X 32 Gb DDR4 Vantec PCIe Firewire interface with Ti chipset Before my upgrade to 20H2 - my playback was quite stable but since this...
  7. 20H2 and Firewire/Audio issues

20H2 and Firewire/Audio issues: I have a MOTU Ultralike MK3 which I have connected through Firewire on my desktop. My specs: ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Motherboard AMD 3800X 32 Gb DDR4 Vantec PCIe Firewire interface with Ti chipset Before my upgrade to 20H2 - my playback was quite stable but since this...
  8. deafult settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    deafult settings: need to reset default settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deafult-settings/81c04a73-ede6-4d14-8087-2b309286529c
  9. Firewire problems with windows 10 and audio interface

Firewire problems with windows 10 and audio interface: Hi everyone Im an amateur musician composer (I do have a day job in architecture). I've joined this group because I'm having major problems with my music setup after building a new pc for using VSTi virtual instruments / orchestral sample sets. I use a firewire audio...
  10. Audio Device on High Def Audio Bus

Audio Device on High Def Audio Bus: Hello, I have a HP Envy dv6 with beats audio. I did a Windows 10 upgrade and the AMD High Definition Audio Device, which im guessing it the beats audio and the only sounds were through the default speakers. The icon for the beats would show up in the tool bar but would say...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 spatial sound format resets upon restart