Windows 10: windows auto scanned and repaired hard drive and now everything is slow, Most games dont...

Discus and support windows auto scanned and repaired hard drive and now everything is slow, Most games dont... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So today i went to go grab some water while booting up my computer and it started scanning and repairing my hard drive. Well i let it finish cause i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kooale325, Jul 12, 2020.

1. windows auto scanned and repaired hard drive and now everything is slow, Most games dont...

So today i went to go grab some water while booting up my computer and it started scanning and repairing my hard drive. Well i let it finish cause i had accidentaly shut down while it was doing this before and lost all my data. So i wait for it to finish but now i cant:

1. Watch any saved videos. Youtube runs fine but anything in vlc or media player lags like hell and is basically a powerpoint presentation with earrapey sound
    2. Launch any games. Cant launch any emulators or any games. Fortnite ark and apex all give black screens. Yuzu and cemu emulators show up in task manager but dont show up in the actual screen no matter how much i wait.
    3. Use discord. Discord works fine if i click on it but the moment i go into chrome or blender with it in the background it goes super stuttery and none of my friends can hear me
    4. Also windows explorer randomly freezes and stops responding.
    submitted by /u/Kooale325
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kooale325, Jul 12, 2020
  2. arc727 Win User

Scanning and Repairing Drive Stuck; Hard Drive Corrupted?

Hello,

I have an ASUS laptop (purchased about 3 years ago) and recently upgraded to Windows 10. Everything has been fine until just the other day when I proceeded to log into my computer after it was in sleep mode. I entered my password as normal, but the computer
    froze. I had to do a hard shutdown and then turn it back on. Ever since then, the computer has been taking much longer to startup than it used to (around 10 minutes for everything to completely load and be usable). Not only is this a problem, but now my
    computer will not go longer than a half hour or so without freezing. The freezing usually occurs when I am trying to close out of a program or open another program. This freezing makes everything inoperable. I cannot press CTL+Alt+Delete, and my only solution
    is a hard shutdown.

Just today I noticed that every time I try to start my computer, I am getting the ChkDsk coming up and wanting to scan my hard drive. I did this once, and it appeared to get stuck at 7%. So I did a hard shutdown and rebooted the computer by skipping that
    step (I am given 10 seconds to skip that step by pressing any key within the given time frame). After this, I got an error notification through the Windows Notification Centrr that my hard drive had an error, and that I should restart the computer and scan
    the hard drive to fix the error. So I did that again and still stuck at 7% after about an hour.

I have seen many posts about the scanning and repairing drive getting stuck, but they all seem to provide different answers. Some say to just wait, others say to reboot with a USB or CD. I don't think I have either of those, and I would actually like to
    have my hard drive scanned and repaired if something is wrong with it. But I don't know why it's stuck.

Thank you in advance for your help. This may be a unique situation, but it sounds like my hard drive has been corrupted. The only thing I did out of the ordinary since this happened was delete temporary internet files and cookies, but I don't see how this
    would have any affect on the hard drive.

arc727, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Slow hard drive

I don't know how it slows it down, I just know that windows goes crazy if I have my USB drive in my computer while trying to boot windows *Laugh :laugh:. And I got the list trick off of Wazzledoozle.

zekrahminator, Jul 12, 2020
  4. windows auto scanned and repaired hard drive and now everything is slow, Most games dont...

windows slow after scanning and repairing drive

After the scanning and repairing of drive C: my system has been slow in responding since then. Any one with a solution?

AdemolaAdebambo, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

windows auto scanned and repaired hard drive and now everything is slow, Most games dont...

1. windows auto scanned and repaired hard drive and now everything is slow, Most games dont... - Similar Threads - auto scanned repaired

2. Hard Drive Scan&Repair at every start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive Scan&Repair at every start up: I'm sure this is a common issue as there's already lots of questions regarding it. However, none of the proposed solutions I found worked so far.Ever since a few months ago I ran into the issue that Windows 10 tries to scan and repair my C: Drive at every start up, but...
  3. Hard Drive Scan&Repair at every start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Scan&Repair at every start up: I'm sure this is a common issue as there's already lots of questions regarding it. However, none of the proposed solutions I found worked so far.Ever since a few months ago I ran into the issue that Windows 10 tries to scan and repair my C: Drive at every start up, but...
  4. Hard Drive Scan&Repair at every start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Scanning & repairing drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning & repairing drive: Stuck too long on 100% complete of scanning and repairing drive c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-repairing-drive/a0a01fb0-6e22-4931-9350-304390584072
  6. Scanning & repairing drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanning & repairing drive: Stuck too long on 100% complete of scanning and repairing drive c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-repairing-drive/a0a01fb0-6e22-4931-9350-304390584072
  7. Scanning & repairing drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Scanning and repairing drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning and repairing drive: Every time I try to boot my windows 10 pc, a message on the windows 10 boot menu says - " scanning and repairing drive C". This scanning and repairing lasts for 2-3 seconds and then my pc boots normally. This happens every time I try to start my pc.My specs are - Device name...
  9. "Scanning and repairing hard drive (c:)"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Scanning and repairing hard drive (c:)": So since 3 days or so ive been getting this message every time i start my computer. It never finds any error though, it instantly goes to 100%. Should i be worried? submitted by /u/I_DONT_LIKE_KIDS [link] [comments]...
  10. Scanning and Repairing drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scanning and Repairing drive: Hi. I have an issue with my drives. So whenever i start my pc, I always get a message saying scanning and repairing drive (C:) but then a few seconds later my lockscreen appears. I have tried to repair the drive through the errorchecking tool but restarting my computer has...