Windows 10: Windows auto scroll bug

Discus and support Windows auto scroll bug in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HelloI have developed a bug when using windows 10 recently, all windows menus are auto scrolling making the system interface pretty unusable I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dr_Sir, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Dr_Sir Win User

Windows auto scroll bug

HelloI have developed a bug when using windows 10 recently, all windows menus are auto scrolling making the system interface pretty unusable I have uploaded an example of the bug in action on imgurI haveuninstalled and reinstalled my mouse driversunplugged and replugged all USB devices restarted my PCturned my PC off and on again at mainshope someone can help

:)

Dr_Sir, Aug 2, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Auto scroll issue

Hi Kunananthaseelan,

Thank you for updating.

I suggest you to install Synaptic driver in Compatibility mode. Also install Keyboard and mouse drivers from manufacturer website.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Do let us know if you still face auto scroll issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 2, 2021
  4. tdas777 Win User

Windows auto scroll bug

Windows explorer - How to disable navigation pane auto scroll

Hi,

The issue I'm facing in my work laptop (Windows 10) and in personal laptop (Windows 8.1 update1).

Due to restriction, I'm using screenshot from my personal laptop; but the issue is exactly same.

This seems to be windows explorer bug, was present in Win 7, then in 8 and now in 10. It's very irritating.

For example, I opened windows explorer. The navigation pane is normal.

Windows auto scroll bug [​IMG]

I clicked "#Downloads" in navigation pane. The folder opened in right side, in the actual window.

Then I double clicked the "Images" folder in actual window, and navigation pane selection scrolled to the "This PC" area.
    But I have not clicked anything in the navigation pane.

So, to use the pinned/favorite folders from navigation pane, again need to be scrolled up.

The setting as suggested in many forums, is exactly same:

Is there any way to stop this current behavior of windows explorer?

tdas777, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows auto scroll bug

1. Windows auto scroll bug - Similar Threads - auto scroll bug

2. Auto Scrolling - When will Microsoft Fix This Bug??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Scrolling - When will Microsoft Fix This Bug??: There is a New Bug, the Auto Scrolling of the Side Bar in Microsoft Edge Windows. Some say this is due to the Inactive Windows Scroll Setting. But turning this on / off does not fix it. This is a Program Bug in Microsoft Windows. When will Microsoft Fix This. Please prepare...
  3. Auto Scrolling - When will Microsoft Fix This Bug??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Scrolling - When will Microsoft Fix This Bug??: There is a New Bug, the Auto Scrolling of the Side Bar in Microsoft Edge Windows. Some say this is due to the Inactive Windows Scroll Setting. But turning this on / off does not fix it. This is a Program Bug in Microsoft Windows. When will Microsoft Fix This. Please prepare...
  4. Auto Scrolling - When will Microsoft Fix This Bug??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is there any fix to the windows auto scrolling UI bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any fix to the windows auto scrolling UI bug?: If my xbox controller disconnects while holding a button, it continuously presses that button like for example, if I'm holding left stick up and it disconnects, the windows search constantly scrolls up until I restart my computer or sign out. Is there any fix for this besides...
  6. Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug: Hey,i have like some other people also this issue:When i hover with my mouse over some kind of volume bar can confirm on Spotify App Volume, Default Windows Volume, Youtube Browser Volume bar it either increases or decreases volume automatically. It somehow depends on the...
  7. Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug: Hey,i have like some other people also this issue:When i hover with my mouse over some kind of volume bar can confirm on Spotify App Volume, Default Windows Volume, Youtube Browser Volume bar it either increases or decreases volume automatically. It somehow depends on the...
  8. Photos app bug is auto-scrolling through photos!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos app bug is auto-scrolling through photos!: I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer, and ever since, whenever I click a photo to view it, it immediately quickly scrolls through all the photos in that folder. I cannot open a single photo without it immediately scrolling through to the next ones. I see no setting...
  9. Windows auto scrolling?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows auto scrolling?: I can't figure this one out. Windows is auto selecting and scrolling, almost as if alt+down arrow is stuck. It looks like it impacts Windows and UWP apps solely, but not classic Win32 apps - no issues in Edge or Steam/any games I play, but the Start Menu, Mail, Weather, Your...
  10. Auto Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Scrolling: I have been trying unsuccessfully to stop my pc from auto scrolling. I have tried numerous solutions , but nothing works. This happens on all web browsers. Running win 10 home edition....