Windows 10: Windows auto update turns itself off in windows 10 64.

Discus and support Windows auto update turns itself off in windows 10 64. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have windows 10 64 home version 1809 installed and I can manually update but when I turn on the auto download button it constantly shuts itself right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KentBarlow1, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Windows auto update turns itself off in windows 10 64.

I have windows 10 64 home version 1809 installed and I can manually update but when I turn on the auto download button it constantly shuts itself right back off. I have run troubleshooter and it finds no fault. I have no other security software installed except what comes in Windows 10. Cant seem to figure it out.

:)

KentBarlow1, Jan 11, 2019
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Windows auto update turns itself off in windows 10 64.

GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile Windows auto update turns itself off in windows 10 64. :)

Thema:

Windows auto update turns itself off in windows 10 64.

1. Windows auto update turns itself off in windows 10 64. - Similar Threads - auto update turns

2. Auto updates in windows store are turned off, but they still auto update, and pretty...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto updates in windows store are turned off, but they still auto update, and pretty...: So since game pass allows mods for games now I have a mod for a game which is the only reason I play it in the first place (adds 20x more content). However, this mod requires version 1.2 and the current version is 1.4. Do I seriously have to completely delete my game and...
  3. Turn off auto-minimize windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off auto-minimize windows: Hi, is there any way to disable auto-minimize of windows? for example: I want to place three windows on my monitor without letting the OS auto minimize them. Thank you all. submitted by /u/giuliomoraca [link] [comments]...
  4. Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself: The last 2 days, I started getting a notification pop-up that my Windows Firewall is turned off. It says Tap or Click to turn on. I click and it takes me to the Windows Security Screen in Settings and I don't see anything for Windows Firewall. I clicked every option on...
  5. Turn off auto update.

Turn off auto update.: This last update took out my sound and some programs stopped working. Is there a way to turn off updates besides scheduling them a month out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-update/3585d437-9248-4340-8356-49c85a747ff2
  6. Windows turns itself off while updating

Windows turns itself off while updating: Everytime I try to update my Windows it shuts itself down around 27%~48% and when I reboot it it reverts to the previous version so I'm never able to update my computer....
  7. Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!

Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!: I have a seriou issue. i use windows 10 on a bootcamp macbook pro. i have an external eGPU running an AMD card and i used particular drivers. i only use windows 10 to play 1 game and nothing else. the last updates makes my monitors not work anymore. The drivers do not...
  8. Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender: I'm using win10 pro 1803. How to turn off auto updates for Windows Defender ? Thanks. 139783
  9. how to turn off auto updates

how to turn off auto updates: i do not wish to upgrade my laptop every week because i have minimal space for it and quite frankly do not want to automatically do it is there a way to turn off the automatic updates?...
  10. Windows 10 Update enables itself even after turning it Off

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Update enables itself even after turning it Off: [ATTACH] Windows Updates are essential, and while it’s not advisable for anyone to completely turn it off, there are remote scenarios, where you might want to keep it off. Once such case is where you want to just use it for [...] This post Windows 10 Update enables itself...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 update advanced options turns off by itself