Windows 10: Windows auto update turns itself off in windows 10 64.

Discus and support Windows auto update turns itself off in windows 10 64. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have windows 10 64 home version 1809 installed and I can manually update but when I turn on the auto download button it constantly shuts itself right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KentBarlow1, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Windows auto update turns itself off in windows 10 64.

I have windows 10 64 home version 1809 installed and I can manually update but when I turn on the auto download button it constantly shuts itself right back off. I have run troubleshooter and it finds no fault. I have no other security software installed except what comes in Windows 10. Cant seem to figure it out.

:)

KentBarlow1, Jan 11, 2019
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Windows auto update turns itself off in windows 10 64.

GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile Windows auto update turns itself off in windows 10 64. :)

Thema:

Windows auto update turns itself off in windows 10 64.

1. Windows auto update turns itself off in windows 10 64. - Similar Threads - auto update turns

2. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps turning itself on and off: I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM. * Moved from MSN?Accounts...
  3. Help Windows Update Advance Option Turns Off by Itself When Attempting to Turn On

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help Windows Update Advance Option Turns Off by Itself When Attempting to Turn On: I attempt to turn on automatically download updates option, and the on button switches to off without me clicking anything. I have windows 10 1803 How do I fix this, so I can be ready for the future upgrades for the windows 10 versions that come up....
  4. Windows 10 Screen Time turning itself off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Screen Time turning itself off: Hello everyone I have a problem with the Screen Time settings of my child. He has blocked access on weekdays and he can use the computer only on weekends afternoon. But sometimes he still can use the computer on weekdays or weekend late in evening. My issue is, that when this...
  5. how to turn off auto updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to turn off auto updates: i do not wish to upgrade my laptop every week because i have minimal space for it and quite frankly do not want to automatically do it is there a way to turn off the automatic updates?...
  6. Windows 10 Update enables itself even after turning it Off

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Update enables itself even after turning it Off: [ATTACH] Windows Updates are essential, and while it’s not advisable for anyone to completely turn it off, there are remote scenarios, where you might want to keep it off. Once such case is where you want to just use it for [...] This post Windows 10 Update enables itself...
  7. Windows Defender Keeps Turning Itself Off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Keeps Turning Itself Off: I have to turn Windows Defender back on every day. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem? I have Windows 10 (automatically updated) and no other virus protection software installed....
  8. Windows Defender inexplicitly turns itself off

Windows Defender inexplicitly turns itself off: Windows Defemder will intermittently fail to start after my HP laptop awakes from sleep mode. This does not occur every time. When it does occur, I get a message that Windows Defender is turned off and I need to turn it on again. When I attempt to turn it on, it eventually...
  9. UAC is consistently turning itself off.

UAC is consistently turning itself off.: After researching the forums this morning I have decided to post my issue; I am consistently resetting the UAC (image below) and rebooting to allow Edge and Calculator to function as normal. [img] What must be done to keep this setting in its place permanently?...
  10. Laptop Turning itself "off"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Turning itself "off": I am running Win 10 on a laptop. I have changed all the power settings to "NEVER" for everything. The laptop is on AC (not battery). No power outages. But when I come back after being away from the laptop for an hour or so. It is in sleep mode (I think) - I have to turn...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 update advanced options turns off by itself