Windows 10: Windows Auto Update won't activate

Discus and support Windows Auto Update won't activate in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, At some point in the past i had badwidth problems and made things to disable auto update from windows update so that i'd do it manually. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OmarBennani, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Windows Auto Update won't activate

Hello,

At some point in the past i had badwidth problems and made things to disable auto update from windows update so that i'd do it manually.

Now i want to re-activate it so that i wont need to do it manually each time, but it keeps staying disabled in the advanced options of windows update.

I've tried many solutions (group policies, AUOptions in registry) but i cant seem to put it as checked there.

My windows update service is running in automatic mode.

Thanks in advance.

:)

OmarBennani, Sep 18, 2018
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. Kreij Win User

Windows Auto Update won't activate

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows Auto Update won't activate

1. Windows Auto Update won't activate - Similar Threads - Auto Update won't

2. how can activate window7 auto update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can activate window7 auto update: wondow not recomonded auto update option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-activate-window7-auto-update/6292f1d7-6a16-485c-ae04-2baa75a957b0
  3. how can activate window7 auto update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can activate window7 auto update: wondow not recomonded auto update option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-activate-window7-auto-update/6292f1d7-6a16-485c-ae04-2baa75a957b0
  4. Windows won't activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows won't activate: Hello, I upgraded to Windows 10 some years ago with the product key from Windows 7 I purchased. Some months ago I also installed it on my laptop using the same product key. Both copies are activated. Now I changed the mainboard and also bought a new SSD on which I installed...
  5. Windows Defender Won't Auto-Update Definitions, No Options for Scheduling or Auto-Full Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Won't Auto-Update Definitions, No Options for Scheduling or Auto-Full Scan: Hello. I see this question has been asked before by some users but they're always locked without resolution.Windows Defender at least on Windows 8.1 version is missing SO many important options. It claims it will auto-update definitions, but it never does. I always have to do...
  6. Won't Auto Disable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won't Auto Disable: I have a Direkt-Tek DTLAPY116-1 and when I flip it over into tablet mode the keyboard and trackpad won't auto disable. I've tried searching everywhere for a solution and I just can't seem to find one. Therefore I'm here with the pros to help me with this issue. I've seen...
  7. windows auto activate

windows auto activate: I have a computer I had windows on it then had to replace hard drive then got windows used ubuntu then back to windows key wouldn't work so selected I don't have a product key and yet no watermark is this a glitch?...
  8. Windows won't activate

Windows won't activate: [ATTACH][ATTACH] After installing the latest update from Windows my webcam and microphone stopped working. After looking into it I noticed that Windows isn't activated. So I clicked on the "Activate Windows Now" link, and when I click the link it takes me to the Activation...
  9. Windows auto updates won't stay enabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows auto updates won't stay enabled: Whenever I try to change the slider from "off" to "on", it immediately switches back to "off". I ran the update troubleshooter and it fixed a couple problems but this issue still remains....
  10. Windows auto updates won't stay enabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows auto updates won't stay enabled: Whenever I try to change the slider from "off" to "on", it immediately switches back to "off". I ran the update troubleshooter and it fixed a couple problems but this issue still remains....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wont activate auto update

2. windows update automatic download slider wont stay on