Windows 10: Windows auto updates won't stay enabled

Discus and support Windows auto updates won't stay enabled in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Whenever I try to change the slider from "off" to "on", it immediately switches back to "off". I ran the update troubleshooter and it fixed a couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlesHardy1, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Windows auto updates won't stay enabled

Whenever I try to change the slider from "off" to "on", it immediately switches back to "off". I ran the update troubleshooter and it fixed a couple problems but this issue still remains.

:)

CharlesHardy1, Nov 13, 2018

2. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

In Settings in Store I set "Update apps automatically" to Off.

When I go back in again it`s set back to On. Why won`t it stay switched Off?

How do I get this stupid **** to DO WHAT I TELL IT and SWITCH OFF?

What`s the point of having a Setting that you can`t Set?

H. G. (En), Nov 13, 2018
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows auto updates won't stay enabled

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Thema:

Windows auto updates won't stay enabled

1. Windows auto updates won't stay enabled - Similar Threads - auto updates won't

2. Why won't the disable of Windows 10 update stay on?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why won't the disable of Windows 10 update stay on?: Every day I have to turn it on again. And I totally understand why you allow the update. You celebrate and go to YEA we made people by new computers when we killed there computer. YEA we made people have headaches we love that so so such! OH Big YEA people commented suicided...
  3. Why won't the disable of Windows 10 update stay on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't the disable of Windows 10 update stay on?: Every day I have to turn it on again. And I totally understand why you allow the update. You celebrate and go to YEA we made people by new computers when we killed there computer. YEA we made people have headaches we love that so so such! OH Big YEA people commented suicided...
  4. Enable / Disable Windows Auto Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Enable / Disable Windows Auto Updates: Hello,Reading the tutorial on you site "Enable / Disable Auto Updates for Windows....", I decided to use (as on option 7), the "WAU Manager".Till now I disabled the updates in the "Task Manager" by disabling the win update service. (But cannot postpone the updates any...
  5. Windows Touchpad won't stay enabled or disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Touchpad won't stay enabled or disabled: Issue is as the subject reads, I have to repeatedly disable and reenable or vice- my touchpad in my settings if I want it to stay on or off only to last a few minutes at best, and if my gestures stop working then I just have to reset my pc. I've already tried reinstalling and...
  6. HDR setting in Windows 10 won't stay enabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR setting in Windows 10 won't stay enabled: Resolved... Monitor/tv was set to 59 Hz and not working....set to 60 Hz working fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-setting-in-windows-10-wont-stay-enabled/e1442994-f5dc-49e5-a2a7-9f1929cb2e56
  7. Qualcomm Aethros Network Adapter - Won't Stay Enabled - No Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Qualcomm Aethros Network Adapter - Won't Stay Enabled - No Internet: My network adapter captioned above is disabled. This morning there was no internet. When checking my router, connections and other internet related apps, etc. I noticed that the Wi-Fi adapter was disabled. When I tried to enable it, it would turn on and off several times and...
  8. Windows Auto Update won't activate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Auto Update won't activate: Hello, At some point in the past i had badwidth problems and made things to disable auto update from windows update so that i'd do it manually. Now i want to re-activate it so that i wont need to do it manually each time, but it keeps staying disabled in the advanced...
  9. Windows auto updates won't stay enabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows auto updates won't stay enabled: Whenever I try to change the slider from "off" to "on", it immediately switches back to "off". I ran the update troubleshooter and it fixed a couple problems but this issue still remains....
  10. windows won't stay put

in Windows 10 Support
    windows won't stay put: I guess I'm a little OCD but I like to center the windows, like control panel, personalization my pc etc. Everytime I get them perfectly centered on the desktop when I close the windows and reopen them, they're not centered. In W7 or W8.1 they stay locked in position. Is...