Windows 10: Windows auto updates

Discus and support Windows auto updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why does Windows auto update version 1803 when I have version 1704 and I cannot stop it? Please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paul's Enquiry, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Paul's Enquiry Win User

Windows auto updates

Why does Windows auto update version 1803 when I have version 1704 and I cannot stop it?

Please help

:)

Paul's Enquiry, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Kreij Win User

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 8, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows auto updates

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows auto updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows auto updates

1. Windows auto updates - Similar Threads - auto updates

2. Windows auto updates won't stay enabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows auto updates won't stay enabled: Whenever I try to change the slider from "off" to "on", it immediately switches back to "off". I ran the update troubleshooter and it fixed a couple problems but this issue still remains....
  3. Minecraft win10 edition auto update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft win10 edition auto update: is there is any possibility to cancel auto update of Minecraft Windows 10 edition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-win10-edition-auto-update/67dd34e1-fb31-430d-88f0-4fce994746cf
  4. Win 10 Updates Auto Updates Failing

Win 10 Updates Auto Updates Failing: My computer build is 10.0. 17134 version 1803. My computer will not auto-update and initially starts to download the update then gives an error of 0x80070015 and then in the update history it shows an error of 0x80240034. With Microsoft remote control we have been through 3...
  5. Microsoft Updates my system even with Auto-Updates are off

Microsoft Updates my system even with Auto-Updates are off: Hi Microsoft team, I am currently running Windows version 1803 and I've been running into an infuriating problem with Auto Updates of my system. More specifically, I have disabled updating in all its forms... You can see my update options below in the standard UI, I have...
  6. Windows auto-update problem since WIN10 version 1809

Windows auto-update problem since WIN10 version 1809: Since update to WIN10 version 1809 , Windows auto-update cannot write to backup HDD anymore. Error 0x80070013 pops up with remark that medium is write protected…… (medium = backup HDD). Writing 'manually' to backup HDD works fine , so HDD is far from 'write' protected....
  7. Auto updates

Auto updates: I think that we, as the owner of our computers, should have the option to update or not!!! I mean why would we buy a "personal" computer only to have Microsoft take it hostage!!!! Microsoft thinks they know what is best, but they do not take the time to get to know each of...
  8. Please Help Me Undo This Crazy Anti Auto Update Batch File

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Please Help Me Undo This Crazy Anti Auto Update Batch File: Please excuse me for posting hastily right after registration, it's not elegant, but I'm in dire need of help after hours of manual operations *Sad Basically, someone borrowed my computer and executed this batch file without asking me first. Could you please help me undo...
  9. how to turn off auto updates

how to turn off auto updates: i do not wish to upgrade my laptop every week because i have minimal space for it and quite frankly do not want to automatically do it is there a way to turn off the automatic updates?...
  10. Kb4457136 auto updates

Kb4457136 auto updates: Hello, Looking weekly into the MS Updates Catalog for some new updates for my 1709 system, (I stopped the auto updates because some update installes itself over and over again and I uninstall it from apps). So the recent update is KB4457136. As I read here:...