Windows 10: Windows auto updates

Discus and support Windows auto updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why does Windows auto update version 1803 when I have version 1704 and I cannot stop it? Please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paul's Enquiry, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Windows auto updates

Why does Windows auto update version 1803 when I have version 1704 and I cannot stop it?

Please help

:)

Paul's Enquiry, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Kreij Win User

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 8, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows auto updates

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows auto updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows auto updates

1. Windows auto updates - Similar Threads - auto updates

2. Creating new W10 image for company + auto update Java?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating new W10 image for company + auto update Java?: Hello all, Together with a colleague of mine we are working on a new Windows 10 image to use as a standard on our desktop machines. Apart from looking for Windows 10 guides for fresh installations such as these i was wondering if there are any other crucial tips out there?...
  3. Creating new W10 image for company + auto update Java?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating new W10 image for company + auto update Java?: Hello all, Together with a colleague of mine we are working on a new Windows 10 image to use as a standard on our desktop machines. Apart from looking for Windows 10 guides for fresh installations such as these i was wondering if there are any other crucial tips out there?...
  4. how to disable win10 auto update?

how to disable win10 auto update?: how to disable win10 auto update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-win10-auto-update/650900ee-a7c9-4680-843d-73073c5b2193
  5. Windows auto update crashed my lap top internal hard drive.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows auto update crashed my lap top internal hard drive.: I have an Acer laptop and after a Windows automatic update it was acting very strange and then my hard drive a Seagate, begin beeping as if the read are is stuck. After reading all the comments all over the Internet and in this forum I believe a class action suit is in order,...
  6. what is problem if windows 10 auto update disable.

what is problem if windows 10 auto update disable.: what is problem if windows 10 auto update disable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-problem-if-windows-10-auto-update-disable/ec241b63-fcfc-41fd-8afb-569a386c0a3a
  7. Auto updates and third party

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Auto updates and third party: Is it true that if you have Third Party Anti Virus/Malware installed ie. Kaspersky Free Bitdefender Free. Windows 10 will not update and the OS after a short while would break....
  8. My PC goes into AUTO updates it goes to 75% and freeses this after 4/5 hours, I need to...

My PC goes into AUTO updates it goes to 75% and freeses this after 4/5 hours, I need to...: My PC is on windows 10, it goes into auto updates when available it updates for about 4/5 hours and freezes at 75% this happen on a regular bases. The updates take over my PC, then I need to unplug the power to switch it off, still no update, not happy bring back XP. I...
  9. Windows update created new login screen, auto login fails

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows update created new login screen, auto login fails: Hey! I did the windows 10 1809 update so I could play with RTX. Before this update I have been able to login automatically without typing any password, but after the update a new login screen appeard which breaks this. First it says that I entered the wrong username or...
  10. WIFI PROBLEMS WITH DISABLING AUTO CONNECT & DRIVER SOFTWARE UPDATES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI PROBLEMS WITH DISABLING AUTO CONNECT & DRIVER SOFTWARE UPDATES: Hi, Could some please assist me by giving a solution to my problem, A few of my friends have used my computer to connected to other wifi source now i can't seem to get rid of them they are still present even when the connection is not in range as well as all the...