Windows 10: Windows auto updates

Discus and support Windows auto updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why does Windows auto update version 1803 when I have version 1704 and I cannot stop it? Please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paul's Enquiry, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Windows auto updates

Why does Windows auto update version 1803 when I have version 1704 and I cannot stop it?

Please help

:)

Paul's Enquiry, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Kreij Win User

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 8, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows auto updates

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows auto updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows auto updates

1. Windows auto updates - Similar Threads - auto updates

2. Windows auto update turns itself off in windows 10 64.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows auto update turns itself off in windows 10 64.: I have windows 10 64 home version 1809 installed and I can manually update but when I turn on the auto download button it constantly shuts itself right back off. I have run troubleshooter and it finds no fault. I have no other security software installed except what comes in...
  3. MS Auto Updates Constantly Corrupt my Windows Installation due to clashes with other Apps....

MS Auto Updates Constantly Corrupt my Windows Installation due to clashes with other Apps....: As per the title, I'm having constant Issues with Windows Auto Updates corrupting my PC due to it performing updates whilst data erasure Apps are running. Every few months I have to re-install Windows on my desktop. Isn't it time MS gave advanced users the ability to turn...
  4. Windows still auto updating when NoAutoUpdate = 1

Windows still auto updating when NoAutoUpdate = 1: We have a number of Windows 10 embedded devices running various editions of Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise LTSB. These PCs run Point of Sale applications therefor cannot be running Windows Updates during business open hours. In previous editions of Windows we updated it...
  5. Windows 10 October 2018 update (1809) HDR+Nvidia GPU+HDTV auto picture mode issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 October 2018 update (1809) HDR+Nvidia GPU+HDTV auto picture mode issue: I have gtx 1080 connected to a sony x900e via hdmi with the enhanced hdmi color setting enabled on the tv. for years windows paired with a nvidia gpu was able to switch the picture mode on my tv to correspond with the content being viewed. for example: my tv is set to auto...
  6. How do I stop auto updates to windows 10

How do I stop auto updates to windows 10: I just dropped of my computer at best buy to restore the PC after a failed auto update. It will cost around $200 Canadian to restore it. When I get it back I do not want it to happen again. How do you disable auto updates. I do not trust Microsoft to get it right next time....
  7. auto updating feature no longer works

auto updating feature no longer works: Good morning, I just updated to Win10 Version 1809 a few days ago and everything seems to be working. However, about 4 - 6 weeks ago I discovered I no longer could select the option of having Windows automatically update my computer. When I would click on this option it...
  8. windows Auto Update

windows Auto Update: when i check the update history i see one update is failed to install. its showing, "Last failed install attempt on ‎12/‎21/‎2018 - 0x80070643", " Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for 64-based Systems (KB4041994) (25)" what may be the issue?? Archana....
  9. How to REALLY stop Win10 from auto updating?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to REALLY stop Win10 from auto updating?: I'm having a hard time making Windows REALLY stop updating without consent. The idea is that when I'm turning on my laptop for the first time in a while I'm usually in a place where I'm hotspotting with my mobile phone. Needless to say I need to limit my data flow making...
  10. Anyone having issues with Powerpoint closing out after this past weekend's MS auto-update?

Anyone having issues with Powerpoint closing out after this past weekend's MS auto-update?: Anyone having issues with Powerpoint closing out after this past weekend's MS auto-update? When I open PPT, it will close out... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-having-issues-with-powerpoint-closing-out/e0468976-af18-4290-8ce5-cfb9d78a8a7a