Windows 10: Windows Automatic Update Now Password Not Recognized

Discus and support Windows Automatic Update Now Password Not Recognized in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yesterday evening on 09/03/2018 a WINDOWS AUTOMATIC UPDATE shut down my Lenovo laptop. After rebooting and continuing the update process about 3 times,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tlee18, Sep 4, 2018.

1. tlee18 Win User

Windows Automatic Update Now Password Not Recognized

Yesterday evening on 09/03/2018 a WINDOWS AUTOMATIC UPDATE shut down my Lenovo laptop. After rebooting and continuing the update process about 3 times, on its own, I finally saw the screen saver and the box for entering my password. But, when I entered my password it was no longer accepted.

This happened a lot when it was new, after each WINDOWS AUTOMATIC UPDATE and I was able to get it back. But now, I when I hit any of the Boot Options NOTHING happens. I can only shut down.

:)

tlee18, Sep 4, 2018
  2. DistantDeath Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 4, 2018
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Sep 4, 2018
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows Automatic Update Now Password Not Recognized :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Automatic Update Now Password Not Recognized - Similar Threads - Automatic Update Password

2. Windows Automatic Update Now Password Not Recognized

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Automatic Update Now Password Not Recognized: Yesterday evening on 09/03/2018 a WINDOWS AUTOMATIC UPDATE shut down my Lenovo laptop. After rebooting and continuing the update process about 3 times, on its own, I finally saw the screen saver and the box for entering my password. But, when I entered my password it was no...
  3. password not recognized in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    password not recognized in safe mode: I obviously know my password since I am signed in on this laptop. I am trying to troubleshoot my desktop and had to go into command prompt to even get into safe mode. I could not do it from the apps since my screen did not load correctly. Anyway, it appears I am in safe mode...
  4. windows 10 now asking for password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 now asking for password: windows 10 as of today is now asking for a password on my seagate personal cloud. this is not password protected and its NOT a seagate issue. yesterday i could click the personal cloud icon and poof everything was available, now it asks for a password. how do i get it to stop...
  5. Cannot log into Windows: password not recognized.

Cannot log into Windows: password not recognized.: Issue: Cannot log into Windows: password not recognized. Problem started on Thu Jan 4, 2018. Computer: This is my son’s HP ProBook 6560b Win10 Pro (x64) notebook. We live quite a few miles apart so we are talking about this issue over the phone. He gets account.live.com...
  6. Windows 10 automatically change password

Windows 10 automatically change password: So around 3:30 am i was browsing the internet like normal when i had to go to bathroom about 15 minutes later i came back and i notice that i cant login because usually i have a 4 digit password and now i can type more than 4 digit i tried everything i could imagine even my...
  7. windows 10 no longer recognizes customary password.

windows 10 no longer recognizes customary password.: windows 10 apparently shut down incorrectly and now does not recognize my customary password 57198
  8. Password not recognized

Password not recognized: I am using Windows 10 and went to system configuration and set it to boot into "Safe Mode". Now when I restart the computer it goes to the password screen. I enter the password and it comes back with the message "Password not recognized". I know it is the correct password, so...
  9. Now asking for password

Now asking for password: For a long time now when I boot Windows 10 I never need to enter a password as I followed instructions here to allow me boot into Windows without a password. This morning however, when I booted up the laptop a box showed saying Simple Pass requires a password update. A long...
  10. Not recognizing network automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not recognizing network automatically: I have a server located on my home network that I would like it to show up in file explorer automatically without having to type in the ip address. To get auto discovery to work I have Control Panel/Adminitrative Services/DNS Client running Functional Discovery Resource...