Windows 10: Windows automatic update removes speaker functionality

Discus and support Windows automatic update removes speaker functionality in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home x64 MSI Z390 motherboard w/ IntelR CoreTM i5-9600k CPO 16 GB Ram Computer did automatic updates last night that removed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TerrenceO'Connor, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Windows automatic update removes speaker functionality

Windows 10 Home x64

MSI Z390 motherboard w/

IntelR CoreTM i5-9600k CPO

16 GB Ram

Computer did automatic updates last night that removed functionality of my speakers, I have gone through all automated troubleshooting processes and steps up to and including uninstalling every audio driver on the computer as well as contacting the help desk 3 times and nothing has worked so far.

In the Control Panels Sound app the speakers are present as Speakers RealtekR Audio, and active and set as default, however when I 'test' them I get the error message 'Failed to play Test Tone' and all audio comes through my monitors internal speakers. If I unplug and replug the 3mm audio jack for the speakers the computer will cut off audio like it is trying to route it to the speakers but then it just comes through the monitor internals again.

The only thing that has worked even a little was rolling back the Windows update to a previous one but the audio only remained working for an hour before cutting out in mid use again.

:)

TerrenceO'Connor, Apr 4, 2020
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Apr 4, 2020
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Windows automatic update removes speaker functionality

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows automatic update removes speaker functionality :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows automatic update removes speaker functionality

1. Windows automatic update removes speaker functionality - Similar Threads - automatic update removes

2. How to disable or remove all functions of automatic windows updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable or remove all functions of automatic windows updates?: I find the mandatory updates and constant reminders in Windows to be frustrating and disruptive. Despite disabling the Windows Update service and automatic update policy and of course restarting my computer and yes I checked that if the changes are still there, I still see...
  3. How to disable or remove all functions of automatic windows updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable or remove all functions of automatic windows updates?: I find the mandatory updates and constant reminders in Windows to be frustrating and disruptive. Despite disabling the Windows Update service and automatic update policy and of course restarting my computer and yes I checked that if the changes are still there, I still see...
  4. How to disable or remove all functions of automatic windows updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. External Speakers Not Functioning Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Speakers Not Functioning Properly: External, standalone not computer speakers do nothing but make a monotonous, clicking sound, over and over, but a female voice says "Music," when speakers are connected. Doesn't the fact that I hear SOME sound mean that they're NOT blown? I've tried every troubleshooting...
  6. External Speakers Not Functioning Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Speakers Not Functioning Properly: External, standalone not computer speakers do nothing but make a monotonous, clicking sound, over and over, but a female voice says "Music," when speakers are connected. Doesn't the fact that I hear SOME sound mean that they're NOT blown? I've tried every troubleshooting...
  7. External Speakers Not Functioning Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. speakers not functional at youtube

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    speakers not functional at youtube: my speakers are functional at test but do not function when on internet would like to listen on internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-not-functional-at-youtube/165a6573-46fb-4bda-99f9-9474b8f9d3ea
  9. Integrated Windows mute microphone function, similar to mute speakers function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Integrated Windows mute microphone function, similar to mute speakers function: As per the title: It's now 2021, videoconferencing is a reality of day to day life for many people, others do podcasting and videocasting. We've had an integrated mute speakers function in Windows for some time, and you can utilize this via multimedia keyboards or assign...
  10. Recent windows 10 update removed wifi functionality

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent windows 10 update removed wifi functionality: Hey guys, Normally I am able to figure this stuff out on my own but I am stuck! My newer HP desktop running windows 10 was working perfectly yesterday. I shut it down last night, came in this morning and I have no wifi option in my network settings? I could not get the wifi...