Windows 10: Windows Automatic Updates Manager review

Discus and support Windows Automatic Updates Manager review in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows Automatic Updates Manager (WAU Manager) is a free software program for Microsoft Windows devices that gives administrators control over the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Oct 3, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows Automatic Updates Manager review

Windows Automatic Updates Manager (WAU Manager) is a free software program for Microsoft Windows devices that gives administrators control over the updating process.

Microsoft removed some of the controls that administrators had in previous versions of the Windows operating system in regards to Windows Updates; Home editions were hit hard especially.

The company improved some processes, e.g. separating regular cumulative updates from feature updates, that gave back some control over updates.

Third-party update managers thrived since the release of Windows 10. We reviewed several in the past already including Windows Update Mini Tool Wrapper Script and Sledgehammer; WAU Manager is a new program that gives administrators full control over the updating processes.

Windows Automatic Updates Manager

Windows Automatic Updates Manager review windows-automatic-updates-manager.png

The developer designed WAU Manager to replace automatic updating in Windows. I could not find compatibility information on the developer's website; I tested it on a 64-bit Windows 10 Pro system running Windows 10 version 1903 and it worked without issues.

You may run the program from any location without installation. The main interface separates settings into three main groups:

1. The option to disable the built-in automatic Windows Update to manage updates exclusively in WAU Manager.
    2. Update mode and behavior.
    3. Shortcut and schedule options.

The program runs in normal mode by default which means that it will search for updates automatically when you run it but will not download or install any unless you give your okay to do so. It will search for driver and software updates by default.

You can switch that to passive or quiet modes instead. Passive mode searches for, downloads, and installs updates automatically and shows the progress while quiet mode does the same but shows notifications only. You may switch each mode from searching for driver and software updates to either one.

Check the "automatically reboot when needed" option to give permission to restart the device automatically when updates require it.

The shortcut and schedule section makes the selected configuration accessible. The program may place a shortcut on the desktop that runs the program with the parameters that you defined in it. Schedule on the other hand will do the same but on schedule (meaning automatically and not on activation by the user).

You may activate the "update windows now" button to run a scan for new updates. WAU Manager runs a scan for available updates and displays those that it finds in a new program windows.

Windows Automatic Updates Manager review available-updates.png

Updates are divided into groups, e.g. recommended updates and optional updates, and you may check any of them to install or hide them. Hiding means that updates won't be installed and won't be offered anymore.

Links lead to the list of hidden updates and installed updates; the very same links are found under menu as well so that you may open these management pages from the program's main interface as well.

Windows Automatic Updates Manager review uninstall-updates.png

WAU Manager may be used to display the device's update history. Just click on the menu icon and select the option from the menu to display a log of update installations.

The program lists entries by date & time and includes status and title (update name) for each.

Closing words

Windows Automatic Updates Manager offers another option for Windows administrators to manage updates on Windows devices. The program is relatively easy to use and the default options ensure that updates won't get installed automatically when you run it.

The developer should consider adding compatibility information to the website as it is not clear which versions of Windows the program supports.

Now You: how do you handle updates on Windows?

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here (https://www.ghacks.net/support/) or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/ghacks/). Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows Automatic Updates Manager review appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Oct 3, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Oct 3, 2019
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Oct 3, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows Automatic Updates Manager review :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Automatic Updates Manager review - Similar Threads - Automatic Updates Manager

2. Minidump review ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minidump review ?: Hi,Dump file : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vZsS3qMzXZUCe80OGPssU0_buoBg1n57/view?usp=sharingWhen I log into any game, the ssd usage goes to 100% with uncertain intervals and the system hangs. Then I get BSOD error. This happens sometimes when I put the game in the...
  3. Update a review

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Update a review: I want to update a review I left in Microsoft store. No update function is available. Why are you punishing developers and users like this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-a-review/9d30ae70-184d-4901-b625-403c2dbe6d2c
  4. insider review win10 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    insider review win10 2004 update: how to delete insider review of win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-review-win10-2004-update/d19b857e-cf92-4933-b13f-a59476b6860b
  5. Update drivers automatically in device manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update drivers automatically in device manager?: Hey all, is there any way for me to check everything with just some clicks for drivers, instead of going through every single thing in device manager? submitted by /u/FHRNHTx [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 reviews?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 reviews?: Just curious what people think about windows 10? Personally I have had nothing but problems since day one. Just sayin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reviews/6f60bf38-e393-44c9-9c41-78932b828269
  7. Update on Facebook App Review

in Windows 10 News
    Update on Facebook App Review: Back in May, we announced that all apps using the Facebook Platform APIs would need to go through a more comprehensive review to better protect people’s Facebook information — with an August 1 deadline to submit for review for all existing apps. As a result, we are cutting...
  8. DearMob iPhone Manager Review: Perfect replacement for iTunes

in Windows 10 News
    DearMob iPhone Manager Review: Perfect replacement for iTunes: iPhones are made to last and Apple giving the latest software updates to old iPhones adds a cherry to the cake. So like we said, you love your iPhone, except for the times when you have to manage files between your iPhone and PC/Mac. Yeah, that is the time when iPhone users...
  9. Intel Active Management Technology Security Review Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Active Management Technology Security Review Cumulative Update: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00112 Product family: Intel® Active Management Technology Impact of vulnerability: Elevation of Privilege Severity rating: Important Original release: 07/10/2018 Last revised: 07/10/2018 Summary: In an effort to continuously improve the robustness of the...
  10. Review management software that has different languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Review management software that has different languages: Anyone have any experience with online reputation management software that has both spanish and french as language options for when you request feedback from your customers?