Windows 10: Windows automatic updates - My Workstation is now ruined.

Discus and support Windows automatic updates - My Workstation is now ruined. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I run a game studio out of my home. I left my pc for an hour to spend time with my wife.Came back to work, to find windows updating my system. Despite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Triangle4, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Triangle4 Win User

Windows automatic updates - My Workstation is now ruined.

I run a game studio out of my home. I left my pc for an hour to spend time with my wife.Came back to work, to find windows updating my system. Despite having disabled it in regedit, in policy editors, the works. Now, I have a 1.3 Million dollar project on my pc, unable to be used. its a $4500 computer, which mention to make it clear that I dont have an extra one I can use, and its not a piece of garbage.You guys need to back off of the automatic updates. I need to CONSENT to you updating my system, because now I HAVE NO ACCESS to my data.This is the most absurd **** I have ever seen in my life

:)

Triangle4, Nov 16, 2021

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 16, 2021
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Nov 16, 2021
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows automatic updates - My Workstation is now ruined. :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Nov 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows automatic updates - My Workstation is now ruined. - Similar Threads - automatic updates Workstation

2. Windows updates ruined my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates ruined my PC: Hello all,A few days ago my PC was installing updates. My PC tried restarting, turned itself off again, and restarted yet again, but this time I seem to receive no output power, my mouse, keyboard and monitor no longer work, has anyone experienced anything similar to this?,...
  3. Windows updates ruined my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates ruined my PC: Hello all,A few days ago my PC was installing updates. My PC tried restarting, turned itself off again, and restarted yet again, but this time I seem to receive no output power, my mouse, keyboard and monitor no longer work, has anyone experienced anything similar to this?,...
  4. Windows automatic updates - My Workstation is now ruined.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows automatic updates - My Workstation is now ruined.: I run a game studio out of my home. I left my pc for an hour to spend time with my wife.Came back to work, to find windows updating my system. Despite having disabled it in regedit, in policy editors, the works. Now, I have a 1.3 Million dollar project on my pc, unable to be...
  5. Windows automatic updates - My Workstation is now ruined.

Windows automatic updates - My Workstation is now ruined.: I run a game studio out of my home. I left my pc for an hour to spend time with my wife.Came back to work, to find windows updating my system. Despite having disabled it in regedit, in policy editors, the works. Now, I have a 1.3 Million dollar project on my pc, unable to be...
  6. Windows update ruined my taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update ruined my taskbar: I recently got an update to my pc I already downloaded windows 11 and it was fine, this is an update after, and when I turned it on, it took ages to prepare windows, and almost all my files were gone luckily I had onedrive!. There is also nothing appearing on the task bar...
  7. Updated my windows and it ruined everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated my windows and it ruined everything: So after being forced to update windows last night, my displays lost all their vibrance, and even turning saturation up all the way in nvidia control panel won't fix it. None of the icons on the right side of the taskbar work either, I can't pull up the wifi list or the...
  8. The Newest update ruined my game experience, what now ?

The Newest update ruined my game experience, what now ?: Update: KB4549951 I did and since I done this I can not play games such as League of Legends. Every 3 to 4 mins I go from 60 fps down to 2 / 4 /12 it is a hard drop I can see the game frame by frame lol. Before the update everything was fine and after the update this...
  9. Windows update ruined my PC

Windows update ruined my PC: When I updated my PC, every time I boot up it asks me to run a disk check, if I run the disk check it stops at around 11% and skips the check like nothing happened. When I get to my desktop it just displays my wallpaper and a frozen taskbar. I went into recovery environment...
  10. Update stuck, computer now ruined by Microsoft!!!!!!

Update stuck, computer now ruined by Microsoft!!!!!!: My update was stuck on 27%. Then all of a sudden it said it was undoing all the changes made to my laptop. Now the mouse doesn't work and I cannot use the computer at all! Nice job Microsoft! Thanks for ruining my only computer!!!!!!!! You all gonna replace my computer???? I...