Windows 10: Windows automatically activated in VMWARE

Discus and support Windows automatically activated in VMWARE in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So as I usually do I went and installed Windows 2004 on VMWARE, 64 bit Home. When I went into settings I saw it was activated, even though I never put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sapphire Destinys, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Windows automatically activated in VMWARE

So as I usually do I went and installed Windows 2004 on VMWARE, 64 bit Home. When I went into settings I saw it was activated, even though I never put in a key. How does this work? I do have a newer system. Did it just pull the key from my BIOS that im using on my current system and also activate the VM?

:)

Sapphire Destinys, Aug 13, 2020

2. Problem with activation of windows on VMware

I have Windows 7 Home premium running on my PC. I would like to test Win 10 downloaded to same Windows 7 in VMware as PC successfully. It says Win 7 in VMware is not activated and it will not activate with the original key. How can I activate it or enter
    Windows 10 product key in VMware?

RudiMrazek, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Problem with activation of windows on VMware

Old title: Rudi

Hi Rudi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Let us know few thing to help you better:

* Did you notice any error code or error message, while using product key?

Please follow the below furnished step to activate windows manually:

* Open run command by pressing Windows + R and type “slui 3” and hit enter.

* You will notice a pop windows asking to for product key. Please enter the product key and ensure that

there should not be any errors, while entering the product key.

* Once authenticating, it will give confirmation message on successful windows activation

* If problem still persist, I would suggest you to open run command again by pressing
    Windows key +R type “slui.exe 4
    and press enter. Please follow the prompts to activate the windows copy through phone.

Refer the below article on "How to Activate and resolve common Product key issues in Windows 10" and check if it helps:

How to troubleshoot Product Activation in Windows 10

You can get in touch with VMware support team to resolve the issue related to
    VMware desktop

http://www.vmware.com/support.html

Hope this will help you to fix the issue.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Windows automatically activated in VMWARE

Windows 10 Activation within VMWare Fusion

Hi Josh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. How did you install and activate Windows 10 on a boot camp?
    2. Have you purchased the digital license for Windows 10?
    3. Which version of Windows 10 are you trying to activate?
    4. What is the error you have received when you try to activate on Virtual machine?

I suggest you to refer the article, Why
    can't I activate Windows?

for more information on activation.

If you’re receiving any error code while activating Windows, refer the article
    Windows activation errors for more troubleshooting steps.

You can try the above troubleshooting steps and incase if you want to speak to someone at Microsoft, you can use the following link to contact
    Microsoft support.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows automatically activated in VMWARE

1. Windows automatically activated in VMWARE - Similar Threads - automatically activated VMWARE

2. How to activate windows in vmware virtual machine?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate windows in vmware virtual machine?: Because I don't have windows activation key of my main physical system as it is digitally licenced. I'm using windows 10 home and 21H1 version on my main pc. And i'm testing windows 11 developer preview version on vmware on same system. But windows 11 is not activating even...
  3. Windows on VMware

Windows on VMware: If I remove Windows10 from my hard drive and install it on a virtual machine instead will the VM recognize my hardware and validate/register my version of windows or will I need to buy another license?Also the text-field for writing the details of the question removes every...
  4. Windows 10 Automatically activated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Automatically activated: i had come across the question like same of mine i too have the same issue i tried reinstalling os and again and again nothing happened always it asks for a product key while i install but after booting in i see my windows activated with the digital license if i could get a...
  5. Activate Windows 10 in VMWare Workstation

Activate Windows 10 in VMWare Workstation: I installed LINUX on a brand new Lenovo X1, read the procuct key and tried to activate Windows 10 Pro at the same Hardware in an VM. Unfortunately I also used the wrong Microsoft ID with the same E-Mail account . The wrong Microsoft ID is now set to switch off in July, I 'm...
  6. Windows 10 Activated Automatically

Windows 10 Activated Automatically: Yesterday I brought home an old refurb computer and installed Windows 10 Home on it It's on Optiplex 960 using a USB that I created using the Media Creation Tool on my current PC. Upon the prompt to enter a product key, I clicked 'I don't have a product key' as I didn't have...
  7. WINDOW 10 AUTOMATICALLY ACTIVE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOW 10 AUTOMATICALLY ACTIVE: Hello guys. I am using Windows 10 Home Single Language 64 bit. Lately, my laptop has been working automatically after I have fully charged its battery and put it into Sleep mode. As a result, my laptop drained a lot of battery on the next day. As you can see in the first...
  8. Windows is activated automatically

Windows is activated automatically: I installed Windows 10 and activated it automatically when I connected to the internet even though I never bought a Windows 10 license, how did that happen? Status in Settings> Updates & Security> Activation is Windows activated with a digital license....
  9. Windows 10 Activation within VMWare Fusion

Windows 10 Activation within VMWare Fusion: I just moved from using bootcamp on my Mac to virtualizing Windows 10 within VMWare Fusion Pro 11 for my Mac. Windows 10 had the digital activation key in bootcamp but now I cannot get Windows to reactivate since I have reinstalled windows 10 in VMWare. I can see that some of...
  10. Windows 10 Activation within VMWare Fusion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Activation within VMWare Fusion: I just moved from using bootcamp on my Mac to virtualizing Windows 10 within VMWare Fusion Pro 11 for my Mac. Windows 10 had the digital activation key in bootcamp but now I cannot get Windows to reactivate since I have reinstalled windows 10 in VMWare. I can see that some of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vmware win10 auto active