Windows 10: Windows automatically activates Sound Enhancements, how can I stop that?

Discus and support Windows automatically activates Sound Enhancements, how can I stop that? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi Since I’ve got Windows 10, I have this issue and I didn’t find any solution so far. I use a headset and speakers; I can switch between them with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Seregant, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Windows automatically activates Sound Enhancements, how can I stop that?

Hi

Since I’ve got Windows 10, I have this issue and I didn’t find any solution so far. I use a headset and speakers; I can switch between them with a hotkey.

Every time when I startup my PC, in the device properties of the speakers, windows activates the Enhancements, which therefore activates Loudness Equalization, and I do not want that. Every time when I start up my PC or when I switch to the speakers, I need to disable the sound effects manually, which means I have to open up to three windows and clicking through a few tabs. I tick the “Disable all sound effects” box and click apply. Then the speakers work fine, but as soon as I power down my PC, windows activate the effects again.

Is there a solution to it? Slowly it gets on my nerves, why should a software reset user settings every time it gets restated?

submitted by /u/Seregant
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Seregant, Jun 1, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

Hi,

We suggest that you try to disable all enhancements in your speakers properties and check if it helps. Follow these
    steps in disabling the enhancements:

• Press
      Windows key + X.

• Choose
      Control Panel.

• Click the
      Sound Icon
      and choose
      Speakers.

• Go to
      Properties.

• Click on
      Enhancements Tab,

• Click
      Disable All Sound Effects.

• Click
      OK.

If the issue persists, try to Uninstall/reinstall your driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 1, 2020
  4. jayv2251 Win User

Windows automatically activates Sound Enhancements, how can I stop that?

Enhancing sound

I could use some suggestions on how I can boost, enhance, or otherwise manipulate sound on my laptop. I know this system isn't a multi-media hub, although I do have Kodi and Plex installed. When I watch movies on Netflix or a dvd, the sound is rather bland and flat. Need some sort of software based booster/eq. I've asked this question on a few Facebook pages, and folks start suggestion players. That isn't what I'm looking for, don't need a player for Netflix. Suggestions?

jayv2251, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows automatically activates Sound Enhancements, how can I stop that?

1. Windows automatically activates Sound Enhancements, how can I stop that? - Similar Threads - automatically activates Sound

2. How can I stop the Windows 11 automatic update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I stop the Windows 11 automatic update?: I have a Dell desktop PC running Windows 10 Home, version 22H2. I do not want Windows 11 on this PC! How can I stop the automatic update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-the-windows-11-automatic-update/dffc430c-bab9-4925-b586-53ec72b23f14
  3. How can I stop my sound automatically resetting itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop my sound automatically resetting itself?: Every time I change which app/program I'm listening to, the audio levels seem to reset themselves. If I have set to a quiet level, it gets louder to the point that if I press the button to turn the volume up, it noticably gets quieter. This also happens every time a new song...
  4. How can I stop my sound automatically resetting itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop my sound automatically resetting itself?: Every time I change which app/program I'm listening to, the audio levels seem to reset themselves. If I have set to a quiet level, it gets louder to the point that if I press the button to turn the volume up, it noticably gets quieter. This also happens every time a new song...
  5. How can I stop my sound automatically resetting itself?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. How can I stop the Windows Photo App from automatically enhancing my photos in Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop the Windows Photo App from automatically enhancing my photos in Windows 11 Pro?: I am a professional photographer and I recently bought a new Windows 11 Pro laptop. When I transferred my photos to the desktop and tried to view them, the Photo App automatically "enhances" them which must be Microsoft code for "making worse", ruining my shots. Worse still,...
  7. How can I stop the Windows Photo App from automatically enhancing my photos in Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop the Windows Photo App from automatically enhancing my photos in Windows 11 Pro?: I am a professional photographer and I recently bought a new Windows 11 Pro laptop. When I transferred my photos to the desktop and tried to view them, the Photo App automatically "enhances" them which must be Microsoft code for "making worse", ruining my shots. Worse still,...
  8. What app can enhance sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What app can enhance sound?: Hi all, I had to reset my Windows 10 and can't remember the name of this genius app I had that would make everything louder on my old acer laptop. I tried Equalizer Apo, but this dosen't work at all. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot for your help in advance. submitted by...
  9. Enhancing sound

Enhancing sound: I could use some suggestions on how I can boost, enhance, or otherwise manipulate sound on my laptop. I know this system isn't a multi-media hub, although I do have Kodi and Plex installed. When I watch movies on Netflix or a dvd, the sound is rather bland and flat. Need some...
  10. How Do I add sound enhancements to my sound?

How Do I add sound enhancements to my sound?: Hello, I am currently using Windows 10 and I notice that my Realtek High Definition audio does not have a "sound enhancements tab" how do I add this feature? Thank you. Also, post what information I need to provide. 25259