Windows 10: Windows automatically changed the settings

Discus and support Windows automatically changed the settings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; All started when I was writing a blog... I got a call and left my laptop on for 5 min. The display turned off but the pc was on... I tried waking it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShivamK, Mar 3, 2019.

1. ShivamK Win User

Windows automatically changed the settings

All started when I was writing a blog... I got a call and left my laptop on for 5 min. The display turned off but the pc was on... I tried waking it up.. but there was no response. The disk read/write indicator was continuously lighted without a blink... The screen turned on... And i was been asked my MICROSOFT ACOUNT PASSWORD. It was weird because it didn't asked for passcode i had set up. Getting to desktop, action center shortcuts were changed. "System" in settings app was not opening... Whenever i try to do this settings app crashes... Wifi network hardware disappeared... I tried restoring pc by using last restore point... But it shows internal error.... I DIDN'T MESSED UP WITH ANY SYSTEM SETTINGS... Some hours ago, i runned windows defender but showed No Viruses/malware found. Then what could be the reason for this...? I'm left with no option but resetting...

:)

ShivamK, Mar 3, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Necrofire Win User
    How can I set up automatic underclocking?

When I leave my computer on overnight, I head to CnQ, change the multi to 4x, then step the vid down .1v until it's at .8. Is there a way to make this process and a reverse process automatic?

If I step the vid down any faster, my computer freezes.

Necrofire, Mar 3, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows automatically changed the settings :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows automatically changed the settings - Similar Threads - automatically changed settings

2. Unable to change DNS settings to automatic DHCP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change DNS settings to automatic DHCP: Cannot change DNS Server Assignment to automatic DHCP on hardware properties of network and internet settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-dns-settings-to-automatic-dhcp/ea2d77d4-cb46-497b-b150-2d31bfd74f01
  3. Unable to change DNS settings to automatic DHCP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change DNS settings to automatic DHCP: Cannot change DNS Server Assignment to automatic DHCP on hardware properties of network and internet settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-dns-settings-to-automatic-dhcp/ea2d77d4-cb46-497b-b150-2d31bfd74f01
  4. The diagnostic and feedback settings keep changing automatically.

in Windows 10 Support
    The diagnostic and feedback settings keep changing automatically.: The diagnostic and feedback setting keeps changing automatically to required diagnostic data even if i change it to optional diagnostic data and due to this i am not able to get the beta release. When i go to the Windows Insider program settings it says to change the...
  5. Power settings automatically changing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power settings automatically changing: I hope someone out there can help me please - As for a few months now, Windows 10 build 19042.685 keeps changing the sleep setting to 2 hours, I have it set to never, as I could have background processes happening and I don't want to watch it so I let t go unsupervised, and...
  6. Windows is changing my settings automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows is changing my settings automatically: Hi there! I need change option "Read Only" unticked in my Documents folder, but when i changed it, even if im only user/administrator on PC, W10 keep change it back on ticked. Anyone can help with this? Thx...
  7. Windows is automatically changing UI settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is automatically changing UI settings: My copy of windows 10 has hid my taskbar and changed the color scheme to pink. I tried using regedit which didn't work, and i don't have windows activated. Is there any way I can fix this? submitted by /u/BrazyAwesomeGameing [link] [comments]...
  8. NIC adapter setting got changed automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NIC adapter setting got changed automatically: On Windows 10 system NIC adapter setting for IPv4 was set as Static IP and after restarting the system it got automatically changed to Obtain automatically IP. Please advise us How could this happen...
  9. Background app settings changing automatically.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background app settings changing automatically.: Hi, when I change background app settings to "off", it changes automatically to "on" after next reboot. This uses more battery and data in background. What's the solution?[ATTACH]...
  10. Change Automatic Maintenance Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Automatic Maintenance Settings in Windows 10: How to: Change Automatic Maintenance Settings in Windows 10 How to Change Automatic Maintenance Settings in Windows 10 Maintenance activity refers to an application or process that helps maintain the health and performance of a Windows PC. Maintenance includes keeping...