Windows 10: Windows automatically checks the disk during boot for no reasons - Why does this happen?

Discus and support Windows automatically checks the disk during boot for no reasons - Why does this happen? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am Abdulqadir Aliyev, an Azerbaijani Windows User, and I got a question that made me very terrified.One good morning, when I was about to watch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Abdulqadir Aliyev, May 19, 2022.

1. Windows automatically checks the disk during boot for no reasons - Why does this happen?

Hi, I am Abdulqadir Aliyev, an Azerbaijani Windows User, and I got a question that made me very terrified.One good morning, when I was about to watch some videos, I turned on my laptop. It has booted like 3 seconds slower than usual, and then said To skip disk checking, press any key within 8 seconds under the boot logo circles animation. I've immedietely pressed the G key, and it did have a long reaction, but then it did boot. And then I could watch the videos no problem, but just before clicking on the browser, Windows instantly notified me to restart device to check the disk. I've thought

:)

Abdulqadir Aliyev, May 19, 2022
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, May 19, 2022
  3. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, May 19, 2022
  4. Windows automatically checks the disk during boot for no reasons - Why does this happen?

Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, May 19, 2022
Thema:

Windows automatically checks the disk during boot for no reasons - Why does this happen?

1. Windows automatically checks the disk during boot for no reasons - Why does this happen? - Similar Threads - automatically checks disk

2. why does this happen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does this happen?: when i startup my pc its normal for the first minute or so but after that it gets really slow. I've already tried to find a virus their wasn't any, and also when I open task manager it says that system interrupts takes 29.2% of my CPU. I have no idea what's causing this...
  3. why does this happen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does this happen?: when i startup my pc its normal for the first minute or so but after that it gets really slow. I've already tried to find a virus their wasn't any, and also when I open task manager it says that system interrupts takes 29.2% of my CPU. I have no idea what's causing this...
  4. why does this happen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does this happen?: The last two times I have booted up my pc it said "CPU or Memory Changed!!! Please enter Setup to configure your system. Press F1 to Run Setup. Press F2 to load default values." when I have never changed anything. When I press f2 it fixes itself but I don't know how to stop...
  5. Why does this happen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does this happen?: I shut my network and sharing off and on Guest or Public it was off, then like 3 weeks later I checked again and it was back on so i'm confused as to how this is possible...
  6. Windows automatically checks the disk during boot for no reasons - Why does this happen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows automatically checks the disk during boot for no reasons - Why does this happen?: Hi, I am Abdulqadir Aliyev, an Azerbaijani Windows User, and I got a question that made me very terrified.One good morning, when I was about to watch some videos, I turned on my laptop. It has booted like 3 seconds slower than usual, and then said To skip disk checking, press...
  7. Windows automatically checks the disk during boot for no reasons - Why does this happen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows automatically checks the disk during boot for no reasons - Why does this happen?: Hi, I am Abdulqadir Aliyev, an Azerbaijani Windows User, and I got a question that made me very terrified.One good morning, when I was about to watch some videos, I turned on my laptop. It has booted like 3 seconds slower than usual, and then said To skip disk checking, press...
  8. Why does this happen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does this happen?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/justseny [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mcqul9/why_does_this_happen/
  9. Why does Windows 10 not checking for updates automatically?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Windows 10 not checking for updates automatically?: Because of this I have to do manually check my laptop for updates by clicking check for updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-10-not-checking-for-updates/027feef7-dd2e-4dbe-99ee-9aa2659aeacf
  10. Why does Windows 10 not checking for updates automatically?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Windows 10 not checking for updates automatically?: Because of this I have to do manually check my laptop for updates by clicking check for updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-10-not-checking-for-updates/027feef7-dd2e-4dbe-99ee-9aa2659aeacf