Windows 10: Windows Automatically Logs In When Restarting

Discus and support Windows Automatically Logs In When Restarting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a laptop that had a corrupt Windows update. It was corrected via Remote Support but during that process something was disabled so when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JMFL_80, Mar 27, 2020.

1. JMFL_80 Win User

Windows Automatically Logs In When Restarting

I have a laptop that had a corrupt Windows update. It was corrected via Remote Support but during that process something was disabled so when the device starts up or restarts, it automatically logs in. When we lock/unlock the device, we get the login screen.

Unfortunately, we didn't discover this issue until the support for the issue resolution expired.

I'd appreciate any recommendations on how we can re-enable the login screen when starting and restarting the device.

:)

JMFL_80, Mar 27, 2020

2. System restarts automatically?????HELP!!!!!

Turn off Windows Automatic Restarts so you can see what type of BSOD the system is popping.

eidairaman1, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Enabling automatic reboot or automatic restart in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the System Properties.

• On the Advanced tab, under the Startup and Recovery section click on the Settings button.

• Under the System failure section check
      the automatically restart checkbox.

• Click OK to close the startup and system properties windows and save changes.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Automatically Logs In When Restarting - Similar Threads - Automatically Logs Restarting

2. Windows Restarting Automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Restarting Automatically: I'm trying to train an LLM. It's a long process that takes multiple days. I'm paying for GPU time to do this. I keep getting disconnected because my Windows computer restarts for updates, despite the fact that I've repeatedly changed every setting I can to try to prevent...
  3. Windows Restarting Automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Restarting Automatically: I'm trying to train an LLM. It's a long process that takes multiple days. I'm paying for GPU time to do this. I keep getting disconnected because my Windows computer restarts for updates, despite the fact that I've repeatedly changed every setting I can to try to prevent...
  4. Restart when logging in to my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart when logging in to my PC.: Whenever I log into my computer, it just completely restarts and shows a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-when-logging-in-to-my-pc/88fa7122-2f92-48ea-9b9e-2cc83edde29c
  5. Restart when logging in to my PC.

Restart when logging in to my PC.: Whenever I log into my computer, it just completely restarts and shows a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-when-logging-in-to-my-pc/88fa7122-2f92-48ea-9b9e-2cc83edde29c
  6. Automatic Windows restart despite gpedit set to 'no auto-restart with logged on users'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Windows restart despite gpedit set to 'no auto-restart with logged on users': Version: Windows 10 Pro NAs the title says, my Windows device is configured by the Group Policy Editor to *not* restart automatically, yet Windows Update is forcing my device to do so anyway. This is problematic, as I let tasks such as virus scans and HDD defragging run...
  7. Automatic Windows restart despite gpedit set to 'no auto-restart with logged on users'

Automatic Windows restart despite gpedit set to 'no auto-restart with logged on users': Version: Windows 10 Pro NAs the title says, my Windows device is configured by the Group Policy Editor to *not* restart automatically, yet Windows Update is forcing my device to do so anyway. This is problematic, as I let tasks such as virus scans and HDD defragging run...
  8. Automatic Windows restart despite gpedit set to 'no auto-restart with logged on users'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Firefox is starting automatically when restarting Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox is starting automatically when restarting Windows: I have been facing a weird problem for last couple of days. My #FirefoxBrowser in #Windows10Home is automatically starting when I am restarting windows. I've followed the following troubleshooting but the problem still persists. Does anybody has any solution? [ATTACH]...
  10. Restart not possible, but only when logged in

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart not possible, but only when logged in: Not sure in which section this belongs, feel free to educate me on this as well please. I'm trying to debug this weird problem, and get nowhere: Computer seems to be running fine, except that I cannot reboot. It will simply hang in the bios screen and does not continue....