Windows 10: Windows automatically lowering my microphone volume.

Discus and support Windows automatically lowering my microphone volume. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says. Windows is for some reason lowering my microphone input volume. I have no idea when this error started to occur but it's super... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JetCypress, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Windows automatically lowering my microphone volume.

As the title says. Windows is for some reason lowering my microphone input volume. I have no idea when this error started to occur but it's super annoying. Does anyone know how to solve this?

submitted by /u/JetCypress
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JetCypress, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Supra Win User

Windows Automatically Increases Microphone Volume

The microphone on the Beyerdynamic MMX 300 is quite loud and sensitive, so I decrease the input volume by 30% in the recording devices menu, but regardless of disallowing access to it from other programs e.g. Skype, it always seems to change back up to 91% after awhile. I'll attach screenshots of the settings I've changed in Skype/recording devices. How would I completely prevent the volume readjusting itself?

Windows automatically lowering my microphone volume. [​IMG]

Supra, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Microphone Volume Automatically Lowering Itself

Hi,

There are a lot of possible factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What are the changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried using
      another microphone to check if the issue will persists (if you are using an external microphone)?

• Have you tried to download and install the latest driver update available on your manufacturer's website?

• Aside from what you have mentioned, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We recommend that you run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and perform a
    clean boot. It is possible that the issue was caused by the running applications
    on your computer's background. To run the troubleshooter, kindly follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      troubleshooter.

• After running
      Hardware and Devices
      troubleshooter, also run the
      Playing Audio
      troubleshooter.

To know how to perform
    clean boot, kindly click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Windows automatically lowering my microphone volume.

Microphone lowering volume

Well I had some glitches going to update 1909 so I had to reset the computer. Everythings good now except for my microphone.

I was talking to some friends in discord and they were telling me that my voice kept lowering until they wouldn't hear me anymore. We all had this 'glitch' before and we knew how to fix this. So I went into the microphone properties and I taken the ''Allow
    applications to take exclusive control of this device'' which was the cause to this.

The thing is ... my voice keeps lowering and lowering until it gets cut off, after cutting off my voice gets back to normal until it starts lowering again.

Can someone tell me what's causing this? My drivers are up to date and my microphone is allowed to any application too.

MicroRuben, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows automatically lowering my microphone volume.

1. Windows automatically lowering my microphone volume. - Similar Threads - automatically lowering microphone

2. Microphones' automatically lowering volume when in voice chats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphones' automatically lowering volume when in voice chats: I work online and have voice chats almost everyday. I use Windows 10 on my Dell Inspirion 5570 laptop for work and use my website for work to make have voice chats. Whenever I'm in a voice call, whether it be for work or even on Discord for fun, the volume of my microphones...
  3. Microphones' automatically lowering volume when in voice chats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphones' automatically lowering volume when in voice chats: I work online and have voice chats almost everyday. I use Windows 10 on my Dell Inspirion 5570 laptop for work and use my website for work to make have voice chats. Whenever I'm in a voice call, whether it be for work or even on Discord for fun, the volume of my microphones...
  4. Microphones' automatically lowering volume when in voice chats

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Automatic microphone volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic microphone volume adjustment: I have microphone issue in my laptop. I am using an In-Line microphone 3.5 mm jack from Sony. The problem is that as soon as I raise my speaking volume, the mic lower it's sensitivity automatically. I want it to be constant. I manage my microphone volume from Control Panel in...
  6. Microphone Volume Level Auto-Lowering

Microphone Volume Level Auto-Lowering: When switching between default playback devices, the microphone volume level keeps defaulting to 39. I've turned off "Allow Applications to take exclusive control on this device on both playback devices and also the microphone. I've also set "do nothing" when Windows Detects...
  7. Microphone keeps lowering the volume when used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone keeps lowering the volume when used: Hello. So I have this issue with my microphone. When used, the volume is lowered and it sounds muffled. I already unchecked the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device " from microphone/headset advanced setting panel. Nothing seems to work for me......
  8. Microphone lowering volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone lowering volume: Well I had some glitches going to update 1909 so I had to reset the computer. Everythings good now except for my microphone. I was talking to some friends in discord and they were telling me that my voice kept lowering until they wouldn't hear me anymore. We all had this...
  9. Volume automatically lowering continously on Windows 10 Laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume automatically lowering continously on Windows 10 Laptop.: The Volume box displays constantly on screen and its constantly reducing volume so its always zero. Check the screenshot below. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Automatically Increases Microphone Volume

Windows Automatically Increases Microphone Volume: The microphone on the Beyerdynamic MMX 300 is quite loud and sensitive, so I decrease the input volume by 30% in the recording devices menu, but regardless of disallowing access to it from other programs e.g. Skype, it always seems to change back up to 91% after awhile. I'll...