Windows 10: Windows automatically removes .txt compatiblity

Discus and support Windows automatically removes .txt compatiblity in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! Some weeks ago, my windows automatically removed .txt file extensions. What i see is just the plain file icon now. [ATTACH] I also do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eduardo Cacciari Miraldo, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Windows automatically removes .txt compatiblity

Hello!

Some weeks ago, my windows automatically removed .txt file extensions. What i see is just the plain file icon now.

Windows automatically removes .txt compatiblity b4ed1daa-6252-4296-aab9-9bd889f79dc4?upload=true.png

I also do not the option to create a new text document anymore.

Everytime i want to shutdown my PC all the options i get are:

Update and Restart
    Update and Shut Down
    Sleep

But it never does update.

Im thinking it has something to do with windows update?

:)

Eduardo Cacciari Miraldo, Apr 7, 2021

2. Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Apr 7, 2021
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Apr 7, 2021
  4. bigscale Win User

Windows automatically removes .txt compatiblity

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows automatically removes .txt compatiblity

1. Windows automatically removes .txt compatiblity - Similar Threads - automatically removes txt

2. txt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    txt: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E7%94%A8%E8%AE%B0%E4%BA%8B%E6%9C%AC%E6%89%93/a16ba6b2-3e6b-4cfc-80be-a804366db214
  3. txt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    txt: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E7%94%A8%E8%AE%B0%E4%BA%8B%E6%9C%AC%E6%89%93/a16ba6b2-3e6b-4cfc-80be-a804366db214
  4. Powershell compatiblity issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell compatiblity issue: On multiple 2019 server we see differnt powershell revision version . One with revision version 2268 is having the issue with ansible deployment. win_copy doesnt work. Want to see if we can downgrade revision or any way to find out powershell verison history of...
  5. Powershell compatiblity issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell compatiblity issue: On multiple 2019 server we see differnt powershell revision version . One with revision version 2268 is having the issue with ansible deployment. win_copy doesnt work. Want to see if we can downgrade revision or any way to find out powershell verison history of...
  6. Windows 11 compatiblity on I3 7100 CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 compatiblity on I3 7100 CPU: I'm currently running Windows 10 64bit Home Build 19043, My processor is Intel I3 7100. The Windows 11 says my processor is not supported. But it is in the list. Where's the problem....
  7. Windows 11 compatiblity on I3 7100 CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 compatiblity on I3 7100 CPU: I'm currently running Windows 10 64bit Home Build 19043, My processor is Intel I3 7100. The Windows 11 says my processor is not supported. But it is in the list. Where's the problem....
  8. compatiblity

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    compatiblity: What computers that I may buy will be compatible with Windows 10 updates, or upgrades? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compatiblity/56e45317-6bbe-4422-85a2-60b204d27b3a
  9. Quickbooks 2014, windows 10 compatiblity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quickbooks 2014, windows 10 compatiblity: I just bought a Dell notebook with Windows 10, I am having a problem loading Quickbooks 2014 accountant, the ICwrapper.dll failed to register. Then I tried to install it in compatibility mode ( windows 7) and (windows 8) with the same result. My desktop runs it on window 7...
  10. Firefox compatiblity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox compatiblity: Why is Firefox is suddenly incompatable with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-compatiblity/62e42b89-c7c3-4e9d-a0dd-b8136bb0513f