Windows 10: windows automatically resizing when dragged win10

Discus and support windows automatically resizing when dragged win10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I drag a window it automatically resizes to full window. I have tried the options regarding snap that I have seen on lots of answers but it does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sambrown4, Aug 25, 2018.

1. sambrown4 Win User

windows automatically resizing when dragged win10

When I drag a window it automatically resizes to full window. I have tried the options regarding snap that I have seen on lots of answers but it does not work. I have tried a different mouse, changed the settings etc, but it still happens. Does anyone have an answer to rectifiy?

:)

sambrown4, Aug 25, 2018

2. Disable the automatic resizing window when dragging windows on the desktop

Using windows 10 Home, when I drag a window on the desktop, a shaded window appears that will allow me to select a fractional screen snap or to maximize the window. If this box happens to appear where the cursor falls when I simply want to translate the
    window, it automatically resizes the window to what the box suggests. I simply want this suggestion box to be disabled, but I cannot find a way to do it. I have tried every combination of turning snap and its features on and off. I just want this annoying
    auto-resizing suggestion box to go away.

PaulEason71, Aug 25, 2018
  3. CMariaa Win User
    ( Still ) Can't resize Start Menu by dragging

I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on a new computer.

I then resized the Start Menu by dragging it vertically and horizontally. Worked.

Then, Windows prompted for a restart due to new updates. Did that.

Now, I cannot resize the Start Menu by dragging. Nothing happens.

I can't make it smaller. I can't make it bigger. Nothing.

Tried a suggestion of holding the Windows key and using the arrow keys. Nothing.

How do I do it?

CMariaa, Aug 25, 2018
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

1. windows automatically resizing when dragged win10 - Similar Threads - automatically resizing dragged

2. Office Applications Automatically Resize When Clicked -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office Applications Automatically Resize When Clicked -: Hello,My window applications automatically resize when the screen is clicked or I am typing for no apparent reason.For example, when I have Microsoft Excel open, if I click a cell to edit it or try to copy and paste a cell, the entire application window will resize to an...
  3. Office Applications Automatically Resize When Clicked -

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office Applications Automatically Resize When Clicked -: Hello,My window applications automatically resize when the screen is clicked or I am typing for no apparent reason.For example, when I have Microsoft Excel open, if I click a cell to edit it or try to copy and paste a cell, the entire application window will resize to an...
  4. stop window automatic resize

in Windows 10 Customization
    stop window automatic resize: I want to stop window resize. I cannot find Multi Task on Control Panel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-window-automatic-resize/1d1af6de-de01-4e77-9cd1-4d83d71271ad
  5. Windows Automatically Moving and Resizing

Windows Automatically Moving and Resizing: Hello,Occasionally, when I wake my laptop up from Sleep Mode, windows will randomly resize and move through out the screen. Please see the attached picture for an example. Before I put my laptop on Sleep Mode, all three Sticky Notes were the same size as "Note A" and "Note...
  6. Windows is automatically resizing font when I click on "ctrl"

Windows is automatically resizing font when I click on "ctrl": Hello, I have a very annoying problem with Windows 10. Today, with no prior updates I believe, browsers only I believe auto zoom text whenever I click on "ctrl". The default behavior is it should zoom in or out only when I click on "ctrl & -/+". I tried different web...
  7. Resizing windows in Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resizing windows in Win10: I'm new to Windows 10. I upgraded from a laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium. I notice that the windows that I open from folders continually "fold up" so no icons are visible. I have to re-size them constantly so that they show the folder's contents correctly. I was able to...
  8. cannot drag or resize open windows

cannot drag or resize open windows: this happened out of the blue. also cant highlight text. i am not in tablet mode and the mouse clicklock is not checked. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-drag-or-resize-open-windows/f5aff1d1-7f1f-461b-88a6-3d69de56b064
  9. Multi-Monitor dragging windows between screens resizes window

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-Monitor dragging windows between screens resizes window: I recently retired a laptop that had it's own screen as 1920x1080 and had a second monitor plugged in that was set to 1920x1080 and when I dragged any application's window between screens, I would see no change in size of the window being dragged. I could move back and forth...
  10. Help disabling specific part of window snapping (drag resizing)

in Windows 10 Support
    Help disabling specific part of window snapping (drag resizing): I cannot figure out how to turn off a part of window snapping. The only part of snapping I need is holding down the windows key and using the arrow keys. What drives me nuts is when I'm resizing a window by dragging the edge but I get too close to an edge and windows decides...