Windows 10: Windows Automatically Start Deleting Files and Backspacing Text Content

Discus and support Windows Automatically Start Deleting Files and Backspacing Text Content in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have tried all the stuff that I could try. I tried resetting Windows, I deleted the drivers and reinstalled them and I also ran more than one... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Hasham Ali, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Windows Automatically Start Deleting Files and Backspacing Text Content

Hi,

I have tried all the stuff that I could try. I tried resetting Windows, I deleted the drivers and reinstalled them and I also ran more than one Antivirus apps in the hope that I will find a solution to this problem but it does not work.

All of a sudden, If I am in File Explorer it will start deleting numerous files all at once. If I am working on VS Code or Word or any other text editor, it starts [Insert + Backspace]'ing my text.

When I reset Windows, I chose "Keep my files". Is it the reason why this thing is still happening? I need guidance because I seriously don't want to reset my PC to its infancy for nothing.

And also, Delete or Backspace keys are not stuck. They could not possibly be stuck, because this thing does not happen all the time, but it starts happening suddenly while I am using my PC normally. It is happening as I write this question.

Help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Hasham

:)

Hasham Ali, Sep 9, 2020

2. Unable to "get media content" from text messages.

My Nokia 920 on ATT was showing this exact error "getting media content" for a long time... finally spent a chunk of time attempting all suggestions above...

FIXED:

1. Created New MMS APN (steps here: Setup Guide for AT&T APN Settings Windows Phone & MMS Settings )
      • still didn't work
    2. Deleted MMS APN
    3. Group messages started working!! No more "getting media content", it just shows up.
    Note: Didn't help

- WiFi on/off

- Back up text on/off

- Group text on/off

- Data on/off

Ono RunAway, Sep 9, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
  4. Erez Win User

Windows Automatically Start Deleting Files and Backspacing Text Content

Holding down Backspace erasing typed text too slow

Wrong! Incorrect! Backspace is not slow! I used Backspace all the time to delete large text in short times! Maybe for you, mouse was the only device to delete every text you wanted, but it's not convenient for me to delete text with the mouse all the time! It's difficult to select and highlight the exact text I wish to delete with the mouse! It requires too many talent and skill of accuracy and dexterity! Don't tell me what best for me. Best for me is to make Backspace to delete text fast as always it was or I uninstall windows 10 and go back to windows 7. These are the only two options now.

Erez, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows Automatically Start Deleting Files and Backspacing Text Content

1. Windows Automatically Start Deleting Files and Backspacing Text Content - Similar Threads - Automatically Start Deleting

2. Backspace = delete file/folder. but it dosnt do that.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backspace = delete file/folder. but it dosnt do that.: Hi, ive been using windows for like 4 years now and somethings that just makes me angry in windows file explorer is when i press the backspace key, i dont delete a file/folder i navigate back. im currently using a 60% layout keyboard. it takes to long for me to click "delete"...
  3. Backspace = delete file/folder. but it dosnt do that.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backspace = delete file/folder. but it dosnt do that.: Hi, ive been using windows for like 4 years now and somethings that just makes me angry in windows file explorer is when i press the backspace key, i dont delete a file/folder i navigate back. im currently using a 60% layout keyboard. it takes to long for me to click "delete"...
  4. How to stop automatically deleting files and emails and automatically backspacing words I type?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop automatically deleting files and emails and automatically backspacing words I type?: Hello I'm using windows 10 Hp laptop, my files keep automatically deleting when I click on them I am bombarded with multiple deleting confirmation and while I'm typing the words are automatically backspacing. Even the email I click on gets automatically deleted. I checked the...
  5. How to stop automatically deleting files and emails and automatically backspacing words I type?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop automatically deleting files and emails and automatically backspacing words I type?: Hello I'm using windows 10 Hp laptop, my files keep automatically deleting when I click on them I am bombarded with multiple deleting confirmation and while I'm typing the words are automatically backspacing. Even the email I click on gets automatically deleted. I checked the...
  6. How to stop automatically deleting files and emails and automatically backspacing words I type?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Serching text file contents

in Cortana
    Serching text file contents: I have my document file folders indexed. And I have all file types selected and contents selected as well. However, Windows is not searching the contents of files with .txt extensions even though that box is checked and I have selected the contents option....
  8. Serching text file contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Serching text file contents: I have my document file folders indexed. And I have all file types selected and contents selected as well. However, Windows is not searching the contents of files with .txt extensions even though that box is checked and I have selected the contents option....
  9. Serching text file contents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Backspace key not deleting files in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backspace key not deleting files in windows explorer: Hi, recently my backspace key stopped deleting files in windows explorer, instead doing the equivalent of the back button on the top left. I think I accidentally hit some keyboard shortcut to toggle this, but I can't figure out how to switch it back. How do I fix this?...