Windows 10: Windows Autopilot with Symantec Endpoint encryption

Discus and support Windows Autopilot with Symantec Endpoint encryption in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, Is it possible to use Autopilot to upgrade W7 to W10 without having to de-crypt a Symantec Endpoint encryption protected drive? Thanks in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by [Philxor], Oct 1, 2019.

1. [Philxor] Win User

Windows Autopilot with Symantec Endpoint encryption

Hi all,

Is it possible to use Autopilot to upgrade W7 to W10 without having to de-crypt a Symantec Endpoint encryption protected drive?

Thanks in advance.

:)

[Philxor], Oct 1, 2019

2. Symantec Endpoint?

I had Windows 7 and used Symantec Endpoint and worked great, now that I upgraded to Windows 10, I am being told that the Endpoint does not work with Windows 10, and that I Microsoft Defender is turned off and it will not let me turn it on. If I delete
    teh files for Endpoint, will it allow Defender to come on? What if I just add teh new edition of Symantec Endpoint that says it works on Windows 10? I feel much safer using teh Endpoint then any other virus protection. Have been on computers since 1974 and
    used many different ones and had troubles with all of them until about 2000 when i started with Endpoint and have not had a single virus, hack, or anything get thru.

JerryBazar, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 1607 compatibility with Symantec Endpoint Protection Version 12.1.6

Good Afternoon,

Seems I got a problem in Windows 10 1607 compatibility with

Symantec Endpoint Protection Version 12.1.6 (12.1 RU6 MP5) Build 7004 (12.1.7004.6500)

After I installed the Symantec Endpoint Protection,

it will usually show blue screen 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Someone recommended me try to downgrade to 1511. But it is over 10 days activated the windows.

Any Suggestions or Solutions?

The equipment is Dell Venue Pro 5855 Tablet.

Please kindly advise. Thanks so much.

EdwardLeung91078, Oct 1, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10. Symantec endpoint protection uninstall

Hi FLORIN1963,

I assume you have done this:

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Button)

Go to Apps

Scroll down to find Symantec Endpoint Protection

Click that and choose Uninstall

If that does not work, click the link below for Symantec's instructions on how to uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWT...

DaveM121, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Autopilot with Symantec Endpoint encryption - Similar Threads - Autopilot Symantec Endpoint

2. Can you run Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.2 in Safe Mode and/or Safe Mode w/Networking on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can you run Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.2 in Safe Mode and/or Safe Mode w/Networking on...: Greetings, and hello I was wondering if it's possible to run a FULL virus scan in Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.2 in Safe Mode and/or Safe Mode w/Networking on Win 10 Pro, 64-bit? I think it may detect things/more things than it would vs. running a FULL virus scan in Normal...
  3. Does Endpoint encryption hinder in setting Windows PIN

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does Endpoint encryption hinder in setting Windows PIN: I was recently given a company laptop, and while I was able to complete all of the steps to set the PIN, nothing else happened, such as no additional steps or confirmation that the PIN was set or not....
  4. AppHangB1 error with Steam and Symantec Endpoint Protection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AppHangB1 error with Steam and Symantec Endpoint Protection: I have had two applications crash with the error AppHangB1 Steam and Symantec Endpoint Protection while trying to use them. The issue could be unrelated to Windows, but given that it affects two distinct applications I wanted to ask about it here. 1 I am no longer able to...
  5. Windows Script Host error popping up after reinstalling Symantec EndPoint Protection on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Script Host error popping up after reinstalling Symantec EndPoint Protection on...: [ATTACH] I recently uninstalled Symantec EndPoint Protection on my Windows 10 corporate PC. After reinstalling it, I get this error message related to the Windows Script Host. It says "There is no file extension in 'C\PROGRA~2\Symantec\Symantec'. I am not sure where to even...
  6. cannot install symantec endpoint protection cloud on surface pro x

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot install symantec endpoint protection cloud on surface pro x: I have multiple computers with the same problem are new installations [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-symantec-endpoint-protection-cloud/0652ed85-4f9a-4ea9-8bd3-a7294bd04eb0
  7. Symantec Notification

Symantec Notification: How can I turn the Symantec network notification off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/symantec-notification/d276498a-6325-4934-b8f2-a643216822de
  8. Symantec Endpoint Protection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Symantec Endpoint Protection: My Symantec Endpoint Protection has been corrupted and I am unable to install a new version of Norton Antivirus. I have downloaded the program but when I try to install by clicking on the .exe install appears on the screen momentarily and disappears. I then try the retry...
  9. Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.RU5 will not install

Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.RU5 will not install: I just wanted to let folks know that Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.RU5 will not install on the Windows 10 Technical Preview. No errors, it just refuses to install... 2254
  10. BSOD after installing Symantec Endpoint Protection v14

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after installing Symantec Endpoint Protection v14: This is a an MSI GhostPro GS60 2QE-606 laptop running Windows 10 Pro creators edition and has the NVidia Geforce GTX 970M display adaptor. After installing SEP 14 and restarting, sys will not boot it instantly goes into BSOD with KERNEL_MODE_SECURITY_ERROR and I think I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. autopilot symantec boot disk encryption