Windows 10: Windows Background Slideshow

Discus and support Windows Background Slideshow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI, when I want to change my background format to slideshow and it prompts me to choose a folder, the folder that I prepared for the slideshow is said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 352167, Jul 30, 2021.

1. 352167 Win User

Windows Background Slideshow

HI, when I want to change my background format to slideshow and it prompts me to choose a folder, the folder that I prepared for the slideshow is said to be empty even though I checked multiple times and my pictures are there. Can you please help me with this? I'm already very frustrated because of this

:)

352167, Jul 30, 2021

2. Set background slideshow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set slide desktop.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background dropdown menu, select slideshow.
    • Click on Browse button and then select the folder from which the desktop slide’s to be applied.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Windows Background Slideshow

Can i have the same preview layout like window 10 slideshow lock screen on window 10 slideshow desktop background ?

Hi,

You can have the same preview layout for your lock screen and desktop background slideshow as long as the photos are saved on the same folder. To change the desktop background picture to slideshow, please follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background, choose Slideshow.
    • Click on Browse, and then navigate to your slideshow folder that you have created to specify the directory.
    • Set the time interval. Under Change picture every choose your time preference of between 1 minute and 1 day.

After customizing the desktop background, you'll need to configure the lock screen slideshow settings too. Follow the steps given on this article and select the same slideshow folder:

Personalize your lock screen

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows Background Slideshow

1. Windows Background Slideshow - Similar Threads - Background Slideshow

2. Different folders per monitor for background slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different folders per monitor for background slideshow: I have 2 monitors and one is set up vertically and one the standard horizontal. Is it possible to have two different folders for the background slideshow? I want vertical oriented photos to cycle through for the vertical monitor and then horizontal oriented ones for the main...
  3. Different folders per monitor for background slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different folders per monitor for background slideshow: I have 2 monitors and one is set up vertically and one the standard horizontal. Is it possible to have two different folders for the background slideshow? I want vertical oriented photos to cycle through for the vertical monitor and then horizontal oriented ones for the main...
  4. Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing: i have my picture file folder selected which is great, its showing the pictures.The issue is the option that says "change picture every" then gives you the drop down menu of interval time, "1 minute" "10minute" etc, keeps changing every time i load up my computer. I want it...
  5. Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing

Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing: i have my picture file folder selected which is great, its showing the pictures.The issue is the option that says "change picture every" then gives you the drop down menu of interval time, "1 minute" "10minute" etc, keeps changing every time i load up my computer. I want it...
  6. Windows Explorer pops up anytime my desktop background changes as part of my slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer pops up anytime my desktop background changes as part of my slideshow: This has been an ongoing issue since Windows 10, as far as I can tell. Is Microsoft ever going to address and fix this? The last time I ever saw someone mention this issue is a forum post from SEVEN years ago. If I have Windows Explorer open because I'm browsing through my...
  7. Windows Explorer pops up anytime my desktop background changes as part of my slideshow

Windows Explorer pops up anytime my desktop background changes as part of my slideshow: This has been an ongoing issue since Windows 10, as far as I can tell. Is Microsoft ever going to address and fix this? The last time I ever saw someone mention this issue is a forum post from SEVEN years ago. If I have Windows Explorer open because I'm browsing through my...
  8. After a recent Windows update installed, the images in my "slideshow" Background are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a recent Windows update installed, the images in my "slideshow" Background are...: I cannot figure out how to go back to the "less zoomed in" slideshow I so very much enjoy. I've tried available Personalization options Fill, Fit, etc. and nothing returns them to the way they looked before. It's as if Fit the best option and what I had it set to prior to the...
  9. After a recent Windows update installed, the images in my "slideshow" Background are...

After a recent Windows update installed, the images in my "slideshow" Background are...: I cannot figure out how to go back to the "less zoomed in" slideshow I so very much enjoy. I've tried available Personalization options Fill, Fit, etc. and nothing returns them to the way they looked before. It's as if Fit the best option and what I had it set to prior to the...
  10. Slideshow background not working.

Slideshow background not working.: Slideshow background doesn't work on Windows 11.Even though I never set it up in Windows 11, it automatically came over when I installed and started using Windows 11. I never did anything to change it. But then, after 10 days, it stopped working and nothing I did could bring...