Windows 10: Windows Background Won't Stay After Being Set

Discus and support Windows Background Won't Stay After Being Set in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version: 20H2 OS Build: 19042.685 Every time I set a custom image to my Windows background, using either File Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mulsiphix, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Mulsiphix Win User

Windows Background Won't Stay After Being Set

Edition: Windows 10 Pro
    Version: 20H2
    OS Build: 19042.685

Every time I set a custom image to my Windows background, using either File Explorer right-context menu, Desktop right-context menu, or the "Background" section of Windows 10 Settings, the image resets to a black color only background within 60 seconds. I'm not sure why but it is frustrating. Can this be fixed?

:)

Mulsiphix, Dec 30, 2020

2. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

In Settings in Store I set "Update apps automatically" to Off.

When I go back in again it`s set back to On. Why won`t it stay switched Off?

How do I get this stupid **** to DO WHAT I TELL IT and SWITCH OFF?

What`s the point of having a Setting that you can`t Set?

H. G. (En), Dec 30, 2020
  4. Windows Background Won't Stay After Being Set

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows Background Won't Stay After Being Set

1. Windows Background Won't Stay After Being Set - Similar Threads - Background Won't Stay

2. Wallpaper - Setting three different backgrounds won't stay "saved.."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper - Setting three different backgrounds won't stay "saved..": Here's the set-up - I have two 32" 4K BENQ monitors set in the landscape position and one 27" 2K BENQ monitor set in the portrait position.It doesn't matter the method used to set the wallpapers - through personalization or just using "right-click, set as desktop background",...
  3. Wallpaper - Setting three different backgrounds won't stay "saved.."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper - Setting three different backgrounds won't stay "saved..": Here's the set-up - I have two 32" 4K BENQ monitors set in the landscape position and one 27" 2K BENQ monitor set in the portrait position.It doesn't matter the method used to set the wallpapers - through personalization or just using "right-click, set as desktop background",...
  4. Wallpaper - Setting three different backgrounds won't stay "saved.."

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. YourPhone.exe is still running in the background after being set to not have background...

YourPhone.exe is still running in the background after being set to not have background...: Hi I absolutely love this application but I can't seem to find any solution to completely kill it in task manager when I need to.Scenario 1: I have went to Start Menu -> Settings -> Privacy -> Background App -> Turn off background process for YourPhone application. But when I...
  6. Audio/Microphone settings won't stay set

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio/Microphone settings won't stay set: My sound and microphone settings will not stay set up and seem to reconfigure randomly.I got a new computer and Windows about a month ago. I set it up so that both my speakers and my headset are always active so that if I was using my headset I just turned my speakers off on...
  7. "Settings" window won't stay open

in Windows 10 Support
    "Settings" window won't stay open: The "Settings" window will only stay open for a few seconds - then closes before I can access anything. Help? 161542
  8. Background settings won't keep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background settings won't keep: Help! I have a series of wallpapers selected for slideshow on my multiple displays. For some reason, this setting just gives up after 10 or fifteen minutes, and Windows suddenly picks some random image from who-knows-where to be the set image for all displays. No matter what...
  9. bluetooth setting won't stay on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth setting won't stay on: i'm trying to use bluetooth on my pc, and whenever I turn the bluetooth slider to "on" and close the settings tab, it immediately turns off. why is it being stubborn?...
  10. windows settings app won't stay open

windows settings app won't stay open: hi, my windows 10 settings app won't open. Or my specifically, opens momentarily before closing on its own. I hear there is a program fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-app-wont-stay-open/03f2e9b0-43fd-4af6-bb03-5e26fa4028e8