Windows 10: Windows background

Discus and support Windows background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, MicrosoftI use windows 10 and while trying to change my windows background, I found some photos that I didn't feel comfortable with. I accessed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Victor Onyebueke, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Windows background

Hi, MicrosoftI use windows 10 and while trying to change my windows background, I found some photos that I didn't feel comfortable with. I accessed the lock screen folder and deleted the image folders but the images are still appearing on my background and I can't find them located anywhere on my PC. How do I get to delete the images from the background photos permanently?

:)

Victor Onyebueke, Jul 22, 2021

2. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Windows background

Windows 10 Task menu background transparency

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

As a workaround, I suggest you to change the desktop background/ remove the desktop background and check.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows background

1. Windows background - Similar Threads - background

2. Desktop Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Background: Every morning when I come to use my computer I have to switch the background back to a picture because it switches to a solid color for no apparent reason. I have even switched off the sync capability. Any ideas on how to stop this?...
  3. Windows Background Slideshow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Background Slideshow: HI, when I want to change my background format to slideshow and it prompts me to choose a folder, the folder that I prepared for the slideshow is said to be empty even though I checked multiple times and my pictures are there. Can you please help me with this? I'm already...
  4. Games will never open and run in background when checked in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games will never open and run in background when checked in task manager: As said in the title above, whenever I try to open any game, literally any game, idk why but, my mouse cursor just shows that the game is loading but when I wait for a while, it just doesn't open up, I tried a lot of way to fix this issue, like troubleshooting games and I've...
  5. Lost Desktop Background

Lost Desktop Background: I spent hours meticulously selected hundreds of photos for a desktop background slideshow on my desktop and my laptop bacground synced over it whithout even a prompt without my ever setting any preference to do so. How can I revover the deleted file of the slideshow?...
  6. Backgrounds

Backgrounds: How do I get my backgrounds to change everyday?Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backgrounds/3d3f643c-b33a-4bf8-8c97-594572bacb21
  7. Desktop Backgrounds

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Backgrounds: Hi Group, When I choose "Personalize", I choose "slideshow", browse, The folder I choose appears to have no images in it. But if I navigate to the same folder normally, all the images are there. Any ideas? Thanks. Windows 10. 183128
  8. jpg images with white background turns black in Microsoft photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    jpg images with white background turns black in Microsoft photos: jpg images with white background turns black in Microsoft photos. it works on paint but i want the slide show to work not interested in using paint please help...
  9. "Save Background As" Feature for Chrome & Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    "Save Background As" Feature for Chrome & Edge?: I'm trying to save a protected image from the UK consumer site Which? which contains their test reports. I can do this in Internet Explorer using the option Save Background As then do whatever I want want with the image file. Is there a way of doing this with Chrome or Edge?...
  10. How to change to Dark Mode theme background in Groove Music

in Windows 10 News
    How to change to Dark Mode theme background in Groove Music: [ATTACH]Groove Music is an audio player in Windows 11/10, where you can play all your favorite songs and manage music stored on your PC or cloud. The Groove Music app is preinstalled in Windows 10, so there is no need to install it on your system; it also supports various...