Windows 10: Windows backup can't find system image

Discus and support Windows backup can't find system image in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I see that thousands of others have had this same problem, and I've tried a dozen solutions, but Windows still can't find my image to do a system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by tunacity, May 21, 2022.

1. tunacity Win User

Windows backup can't find system image

I see that thousands of others have had this same problem, and I've tried a dozen solutions, but Windows still can't find my image to do a system restore. I've been able to attach the vhdx files, and they're viewable in Windows, so there may be a way to manually create partitions in a new drive and copy the files to them – but gosh, it shouldn't be this hard. Is there perhaps a third party program that can locate these vhdx files and re-create a disk from them?Thanks in advance....

:)

tunacity, May 21, 2022

2. Creating a System Image backup - keeps looping

Hi,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

I understand the inconvenience caused, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

The system image is exactly like the mirrored copy of the Operating System which contains the configuration of the Operating System. When you create backup system image your windows 10 comes back to the same position at when the image was created earlier.

As an initial step, I suggest you to make sure that the services required for backup to run successfully is enabled. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows + R
      keys, type services.msc and press Enter.

• In the services window, locate the services
      File history service
      and the Volume shadow copy service and check if they are running.

• If they are not running, right-click and select
      Start to manually start the service.

• Check if you are able to create a backup now.
    Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article created by

Andre Da Costa
    and check if it helps.

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/84fa6683-e3ac-4e93-9139-368af9267869

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and then check.

Booting the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue. You can refer to this article for more information:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After troubleshooting, reset the computer to start as usual. Refer to the step
    How to set the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting under more information.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 21, 2022
  3. Geekoid Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, May 21, 2022
  4. Windows backup can't find system image

System images and backups.

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; if a copy of C drive on any external storage media/system partition cannot be used for system recovery purposes. You need to create System image backup using File history.

To create system image on Windows 10 follow the below methods.

• Type File history in the search area on the taskbar and select File history.

• Click on System image backup on the left bottom corner of the Window file history Window.

• Click on Create System Image on the left panel of the System Image backup windows.

• Select the driver, where you want to Create system Image.

• Follow on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows backup can't find system image

1. Windows backup can't find system image - Similar Threads - backup can't find

2. Windows can't backup properly due to systems image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can't backup properly due to systems image: I have windows 10 pro. I tried backing up but I got the following error message: Windows Backup skipped backing up system image because one of the critical volumes is not having enough free space. Free up some space by deleting unnecessary files and try again.Error code:...
  3. Windows can't backup properly due to systems image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows can't backup properly due to systems image: I have windows 10 pro. I tried backing up but I got the following error message: Windows Backup skipped backing up system image because one of the critical volumes is not having enough free space. Free up some space by deleting unnecessary files and try again.Error code:...
  4. Windows backup can't find system image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows backup can't find system image: I see that thousands of others have had this same problem, and I've tried a dozen solutions, but Windows still can't find my image to do a system restore. I've been able to attach the vhdx files, and they're viewable in Windows, so there may be a way to manually create...
  5. Windows backup can't find system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows backup can't find system image: I see that thousands of others have had this same problem, and I've tried a dozen solutions, but Windows still can't find my image to do a system restore. I've been able to attach the vhdx files, and they're viewable in Windows, so there may be a way to manually create...
  6. Windows System Image backup

Windows System Image backup: I want to create a System Image backup of my PC running Windows 10. The hard disk has no partitions, its a single drive with 57 GB used. I am planning to use a 1 Tb external HDD for the backupWill my external HDD get formatted during the backup process?How much space...
  7. Windows not finding my system image backup files

Windows not finding my system image backup files: I recently tried reinstalling windows on my ssd to get it to have the EFI partition on the same drive as my OS but before I did that I made sure to make a system image backup. now after reinstalling windows which fixed the EFI partition location I now can't get windows to...
  8. Can't create system image for backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't create system image for backup: Hello, I want to create a system image to back up my files, except when I click "On a hard disk", it automatically says "backed up data cannot be securely protected for a network target" and wants me to choose the "On a network location". What can I do to the backup?...
  9. Can't Create a Backup or System Image in Window 10

Can't Create a Backup or System Image in Window 10: I've been trying to create a backup and system image for some time now, but my computer keeps stalling at 97% completion (creating a system image) even when I leave it overnight. Tool I'm using: Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore (Windows 7) The system...
  10. Create System Image - Windows could not find backup devices

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create System Image - Windows could not find backup devices: Hi, When trying to create a system image I get the following error - any ideas anyone? [img] I have HDD attached but they are encypted with bitlocker. Prior to upgrade I had no issues. Cheers, 28828