Windows 10: Windows backup device

Discus and support Windows backup device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I use windows backup device for further file transfer? I am thinking to buy an external hard drive of 500gb or 1TB and I have windows 10 system and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SantanuBorah, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Windows backup device

Can I use windows backup device for further file transfer? I am thinking to buy an external hard drive of 500gb or 1TB and I have windows 10 system and file backup to be 200gb or more. If after backup some space remains, can I use that space to save other files and transfer between computers ?

:)

SantanuBorah, Jul 17, 2019
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Windows Backup Keeps Failing with "The requested system device cannot be found. (0x80073BC3)"

Hi,

As you are facing issues with creating a backup on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to check with the Windows Backup services and their dependencies to start and set it to Automatic and check if it helps.

Make sure the Windows Backup service is started and set to automatic.

Follow the below steps for the same:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc in the search box and press
      Enter
    • Search for the Windows Backup services
    • Make sure the Start-up type is Manual.

Steps to set the services to Automatic

• Right click on the service
    • If the service is stopped then Start the service
    • Select Properties
    • And in the Start-up type, select Manual.

Also, Click on the Dependencies tab, and check for the services. Start it and set it up to automatic.

Remote Procedure Call status is Started and set to Automatic. RPC Locator should be set to Manual.

Try to check the same with Volume Shadow Copy services as well.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of created a backup on your device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Windows backup device

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows backup device

1. Windows backup device - Similar Threads - backup device

2. Microsoft pushes Backup App to Windows 10 Enterprise devices and Admins are not happy

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft pushes Backup App to Windows 10 Enterprise devices and Admins are not happy: The September 2023 security updates for Windows 10 included the Windows Backup app. Read on to find out why Enterprise admins are furious. Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system is still the most used version of Windows, even though Microsoft is fully focusing development...
  3. Microsoft pushes Backup App to Windows 10 Enterprise devices and Admins are not happy

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft pushes Backup App to Windows 10 Enterprise devices and Admins are not happy: Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system is still the most used version of Windows, even though Microsoft is fully focusing development on Windows 11 and the version of Windows that comes after that. Microsoft announced that it would stop releasing major feature updates for...
  4. How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device: How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-a-seagate-backup-plus-device/0cb37760-55d9-4740-9d0f-15df00cf1e6d
  5. How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device: How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-a-seagate-backup-plus-device/0cb37760-55d9-4740-9d0f-15df00cf1e6d
  6. How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How to have a full backup except C drive before factory reseting a device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to have a full backup except C drive before factory reseting a device?: I want to reset my laptop because my C drive is only SSD and the rest is on HDD.And the C drive don't have any space left I tried every other option but at the end I have to reset the device.Is there a way to have a full backup Without including C drive?...
  8. How to have a full backup except C drive before factory reseting a device?

How to have a full backup except C drive before factory reseting a device?: I want to reset my laptop because my C drive is only SSD and the rest is on HDD.And the C drive don't have any space left I tried every other option but at the end I have to reset the device.Is there a way to have a full backup Without including C drive?...
  9. How do I fix One Drive device backup not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix One Drive device backup not working?: If I go through the OD app and turn on "Backup" It says it's on. When I go to my account online and click on One Drive-Manage-Device Backup there is nothing there. Where do I find it the backup or how do I force OD to create a backup? I've Unlinked a relinked OD account,...
  10. How do I fix One Drive device backup not working?

How do I fix One Drive device backup not working?: If I go through the OD app and turn on "Backup" It says it's on. When I go to my account online and click on One Drive-Manage-Device Backup there is nothing there. Where do I find it the backup or how do I force OD to create a backup? I've Unlinked a relinked OD account,...