Windows 10: Windows backup image error "server threw an exception" AFTER update to v. 1903

Discus and support Windows backup image error "server threw an exception" AFTER update to v. 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; At the successful installation of every feature update and every month in between I do a Windows image from the command prompt. I haven't made any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Carol K Stouffer, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Windows backup image error "server threw an exception" AFTER update to v. 1903

At the successful installation of every feature update and every month in between I do a Windows image from the command prompt. I haven't made any changes to my computer hardware and I've successfully created many backups in the past. I used Powershell admin, and Command prompt admin, and both failed. I typed the following "wbAdmin start backup -backupTargetWindows backup image error "server threw an exception" AFTER update to v. 1903 :D: -include:C: -allCritical -quiet". This error happened immediately after successfully installing Feature Update v. 1903. The "server threw an exception error" occurred no matter whether I tried to back up to an external SSD drive or an internal "extra" hard drive in my system. I have a MSI Dominator Pro G with i7 intel processor 32 gigs ram internal ssd boot drive and internal 1 tByte D drive. My other microsoft computers backed up fine at the command prompt after the update to v 1903. Because I was able to successfully create a system image backup from INSIDE Windows 10 in the backup and restore section, all my v. 1809 images were overlayed, so I cannot go back to v. 1809 that way. I like to use the command prompt because I can keep several images, not just one.

What can I do, if anything, short of reinstalling windows from scratch?

:)

Carol K Stouffer, Jun 16, 2019

2. Windows Backup Image error "The Server Threw an Exception"

I am attempting to create a Windows Backup Image. I continually get "The Server Threw an Exception" as a reason for failure. I read a posted question of an individual that was having the same issue. The solution didn't work for me and there was no reply
    from that individual showing that it worked for them either. It involved "disk management" shrinking volume C, changing available volume to 1024, then extending that volume after the completed shrink. I haven't made any changes to my computer and I've successfully
    created many backups in the past. I used Powershell admin, and Command prompt admin, and both failed. I typed the following "wbAdmin start backup -backupTargetWindows backup image error "server threw an exception" AFTER update to v. 1903 :D: -include:C: -allCritical -quiet".. the only thing that I know of that changed with the computer
    is windows update downloaded some files automatically. Thanks for any assistance, Timothy

3318b8f6-67c4-468c-a4a0-11acd1dfbe24, Jun 16, 2019
  3. Windows Backup Image error "The Server Threw an Exception"

Hi. Thanks for the response. I tried uninstalling recent updates. No luck. I decide to save everything I had to a separate drive and do a fresh install of Windows 10. I then tried to do a Windows Backup Image of the fresh install. Still Threw an Exception.
    I remembered that, since my last backup, I installed an extra SSD Drive in a Hard drive caddy in place of my optical drive. I removed the caddy (with the drive) and tried again. The backup performed excellently. Why would the hard drive in place of an optical
    drive cause a conflict?

Thanks Tim

3318b8f6-67c4-468c-a4a0-11acd1dfbe24, Jun 16, 2019
  4. Windows backup image error "server threw an exception" AFTER update to v. 1903

The server threw an exception

Running Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. On right clicking on a document opened on the browser and clicking om 'Save as' I get a box with 'Web browser. The server threw an exception' so I cant save the document. How do I clear this?

BoydWright, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows backup image error "server threw an exception" AFTER update to v. 1903

1. Windows backup image error "server threw an exception" AFTER update to v. 1903 - Similar Threads - backup image error

2. windows server 2003 R2 system backup image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows server 2003 R2 system backup image: Hi, i have a workstation running on windows server 2003 R2 system, and I need to get a backup image from it, but I don't know how. could you please help with this issue?...
  3. windows server 2003 R2 system backup image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows server 2003 R2 system backup image: Hi, i have a workstation running on windows server 2003 R2 system, and I need to get a backup image from it, but I don't know how. could you please help with this issue?...
  4. The type initializer for 'System.Net.ServicePointManager' threw an exception.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The type initializer for 'System.Net.ServicePointManager' threw an exception.: What I tried:1 sfc / scan now, etc. all the commands which are used in CMD for this problem2 run as administratorit closes itself3in window terminalsituation in the imageI searched in google, I got a solution, saying , " you need to take the ""known good"" files and something...
  5. Boot Screen Image After V.1903 Update...

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Screen Image After V.1903 Update...: This is probably silly, and useless, but following the update to v.1903, the image that is flashed is so blurry that it is completely unidentifiable. It's just a haze of grays, oranges, and other hazy blobs. Is this unique to v.1903? I'm guessing it will go away with the next...
  6. Windows 10 1903 Image Backup fails with error 0x80780119

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 Image Backup fails with error 0x80780119: The following error showed up on my windows 1903 build 18362.295. According to the message the minimum available space for volumes should be: For a volume <500MB 50MB of free space >500MB 320MB >1GB 1GB...
  7. "server threw an exception" during file restore

"server threw an exception" during file restore: I'm restoring files from a backup external drive, to my new PC. As I copy/paste folders, I get a "the server threw an exception" error, and the copy process stops. I can then copy the same folder(s) with no issue, until the next error message. Usually i get through a couple...
  8. Image Backup Fail Win10 1903

Image Backup Fail Win10 1903: Hello: I have HP Desktop i7 16GB 3TB HD. I Have updated to Win10 P64Bit and decided to back up full image. My hard is divided in C & D. C has Operation System and D has documentation. I am using 3TB USB backup drive. Never problem earlier. This time I suddenly see the...
  9. System exception not handled after updating to 1903

System exception not handled after updating to 1903: Hey there everyone, been having issues updating to 1903 and i can't figure out why not. The update itself works fine and I'm able to restart the pc, after the restart i get a installing updates screen after the windows logo then it restarts again. After the second restart,...
  10. Win10 update v 1903

Win10 update v 1903: Just received the Win10 update v 1903. Already has issues (not surprised). This is the error I now get: "There was a problem starting C:\windows\system32\LogiLDA.dII The specified module could not be found" Any ideas what this means or how to fix it? Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does it say the server threw an exception on bakcup server

2. windows wbadmin start backup server threw an exception

3. windows backup image error server threw an exception after update to v. 1903

4. wbadmin system image backup The server threw an exception,
  5. windows 10 wbadmin server threw