Windows 10: Windows Backup keeps trying to backup a deleted user

Discus and support Windows Backup keeps trying to backup a deleted user in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; WIN 10 1909. I am using the Backup and Restore Windows 7 and whenever I do a Windows backup I get "Skipped Files" which are all subfolders of a user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterC45Locust, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Windows Backup keeps trying to backup a deleted user

WIN 10 1909. I am using the Backup and Restore Windows 7 and whenever I do a Windows backup I get "Skipped Files" which are all subfolders of a user "Spare Admin" which I deleted. Why is that so? e\Even in DOS command prompt that user is not listed there. Where is Windows backup picking up that old user name? Perhaps the registry?

Here is the Skipped Files Error Log. None of these paths exist in explorer or anywhere I can find.

Windows Backup keeps trying to backup a deleted user 45f73d95-f1fd-4173-bd98-d313f11b4e43?upload=true.png

:)

PeterC45Locust, Jan 26, 2020
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Backup skipped

Hi Ken,

For us to better isolate your concern, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are your backing up files or creating a system image?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest deleting the backup you created and create a new one. Click this
    article
    and follow the steps on how to create a backup.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Bokenzhe Win User

Windows Backup keeps trying to backup a deleted user

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Get Backup Errors - Third Try Didn't Work

This is my third try for help.

I've enclosed my problem, the steps suggested which I performed, and current status.

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

You had this question

• Windows Backup keeps trying to backup a deleted user [​IMG]

DM

Divya M replied on

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Method 1Perform a Clean Boot to see if there is any software conflict as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow Step 7 from the link to return the computer toNormal startup mode.

Method 2: Run check disk to check for any errors.

Note: If any bad sectors are found in the hard drive then it might try to repair that particular sector. If you have any data on that, it might be lost.

You may also follow the below link and check if it helps:

Get the latest Windows features | Install Windows 10 Insider Preview

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

-----------------------------------

Yes, I need more assistance.

I ran a disk check on both the source and destination drives for the backup. No errors.

I executed a clean boot. (I have left myself in the clean boot). It doesn't seem to work

I'm not sure to check whether it has worked, and I just couldn't tell. How do I confirm that the initial, image, backup has been completed?

The event viewer reports this error every time I attempt to manually initiate a backup:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 201.

I'm assuming that with this error, my backups are not being done.

Bokenzhe, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows Backup keeps trying to backup a deleted user

1. Windows Backup keeps trying to backup a deleted user - Similar Threads - Backup keeps trying

2. Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically: Good morning,we have some computers that create a backup by week, in a external drive since 2-3 months.The problem is that Windows 10 isn't deleting old backups and drive is being full so fast. I want to know if it exists some way to do this task automatically, because now I...
  3. Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically: Good morning,we have some computers that create a backup by week, in a external drive since 2-3 months.The problem is that Windows 10 isn't deleting old backups and drive is being full so fast. I want to know if it exists some way to do this task automatically, because now I...
  4. Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. delete backup files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    delete backup files: my windows backup files are taking storage in D drive , how to completey delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-backup-files/62c66206-8c6c-4ea1-8f75-fb4fa99d5661
  6. Delete Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete Backup: So I made a backup and put on file history but I notice that 400gb of my space is gone from my hard drive is there any way i can delete my backup that I made? Because I want my storage back....
  7. Deletion of backup

Deletion of backup: I haven't been backing up my file history for about six months and so the file history started backing up locally . I've recently backed up my file history to my external hard disk and now I want to delete the backups stored locally . How do I do that?...
  8. deleted data backup

deleted data backup: any software of deleted data recovery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-data-backup/0b3af99d-cbfa-4eb1-838d-a81807b42250
  9. Win 10 Using Win 7 Backup which attempts to backup a deleted user

Win 10 Using Win 7 Backup which attempts to backup a deleted user: Win 10 - I am using Windows 7 Backup and Restore and the error log always shows skipped files of a deleted user. The user is deleted in every way I could find to do it and I have deleted the User Folder for that user. Windows Backup must be finding that old user in the...
  10. Can't Delete Backups

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't Delete Backups: Not sure if this started after the last update, but I can't delete backup any longer. Gives me error code 0X80070510 and says "the storage policy blocks that type of file". Never had this issue before. Can delete if I boot in safe mode, but never had to do that before....