Windows 10: Windows backup missing some files

Discus and support Windows backup missing some files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Back in May, I posted a question about Windows Backup needing to be restarted after a Windows update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Thomas Fetter, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Windows backup missing some files

Back in May, I posted a question about Windows Backup needing to be restarted after a Windows update.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-backup-need-to-be-re-started-after-windows/87e51684-a25e-46ac-bd28-43b2ee6d9633?messageId=75b9d3da-48fa-4c96-98cd-51fe23ff4214

(That thread is now locked so I cannot reply to it) I have not seen that problem in many months (and many updates).

But today I attempted to restore a file to an earlier version by right clicking on the file and selecting "Restore previous versions", only to get the message "There are no previous versions available". This was a file that has been updated many times over many years and is in among other files that do have previous versions available. I clicked on a number of files an found many that have no previous versions available to restore. These are all in folders that are selected for the backup.

I have Backup set up to back up every hour and to "Keep backups until space is needed". The backup is done to an external WD MyBook Duo drive. I don't understand why some files would not have at least one old version available for restoration.

It is very disconcerting to find that files are missing from a backup.

:)

Thomas Fetter, Sep 5, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Backup missing files

Hi there,

so far I've noticed the missing files are .doc. There are also some pdfs. They are all located in the Documents and its subfolders. There are no error messages associated to the backup.

Fardashian, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Windows backup missing some files

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows backup missing some files

1. Windows backup missing some files - Similar Threads - backup missing files

2. Backup "The backup completed but some files were skipped."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup "The backup completed but some files were skipped.": I have Windows 11 Home but use Windows 7 Backup. It gives me this error: The backup completed but some files were skipped. There is a text document you can open for details:Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents....
  3. Backup "The backup completed but some files were skipped."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup "The backup completed but some files were skipped.": I have Windows 11 Home but use Windows 7 Backup. It gives me this error: The backup completed but some files were skipped. There is a text document you can open for details:Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents....
  4. Why are some Onedrive files missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some Onedrive files missing: I am running Windows 11 on my laptop. Last August I moved a directory along with sub-directories to my Onedrive folder and to clear up space, I asked to have them remain on-line. Today, I went looking for some of the files and found the directories still there with empty...
  5. backup completed but some files were skipped

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup completed but some files were skipped: I've been encountering the above message the last couple of days when I use backup and restore. When I view skipped files it shows me this:Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\yeshe\Videos\EditVideos. Error:STATUS_WAIT_2 0x80070002I remember deleting a...
  6. windows 10 backup error some files are skipped

windows 10 backup error some files are skipped: windows 10 backup error some files are skipped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-backup-error-some-files-are-skipped/8cf5e664-c700-4b9b-a66b-806182855628
  7. Windows backup skipped some music mp3 files

Windows backup skipped some music mp3 files: I have a combination of music MP3s either ripped from CD or downloaded from a legitimate source. I've also worked with the tag sets on all of the music. It's not unusual for thumbnails to be in the directory with the MP3s. For the most part each album is a folder and the tree...
  8. Missing file on backup

Missing file on backup: I've previously asked this question and had an answer which proved non conclusive so I'd like to try again with added info. When I do a backup everything goes OK except that I keep getting the message that one file was missing....
  9. missing some important windows files

missing some important windows files: i just accidentally delete windir%/system32 system32 properties advanced.exe file now how can i recover this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-some-important-windows-files/002c4464-928a-470c-a738-9dad36f1ef84
  10. Backup error, some files missing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup error, some files missing: Mods, if there's a better sub forum for this please move it and thank you *Smile tenforums doesn't have a backup and restore forum yet. The problem is when I do a backup, I get an error message "The backup completed but some files were skipped" I've taken a snip and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows backup missing file