Windows 10: Windows Backup old PC to New PC

Discus and support Windows Backup old PC to New PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If I have an external WD Mybook in RAID 1 and I have a Win10 PC and am using Windows as the backup software and I am backing up folders/files from both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jBobbi1, Feb 28, 2020.

1. jBobbi1 Win User

Windows Backup old PC to New PC

If I have an external WD Mybook in RAID 1 and I have a Win10 PC and am using Windows as the backup software and I am backing up folders/files from both C and another internal HDD. If my Win 10 PC for whatever reason dies can you still take the WD Mybook and plug it into another "new" Win10 PC and navigate using the Windows backup utility to the folders/files saved from the other Win10 PC?

:)

jBobbi1, Feb 28, 2020

2. old PC files xfr to new PC

I have a new Dell PC. My old HP crashed. I'm trying to recover the data on the old PC. Any suggestions

GordonMontney, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Beginner – Transferring files from old PC to new PC, both running windows 10.

I'm trying to find a solution in layman terms please.

Bought a new PC running windows 10, my existing PC runs windows 10 and I just want to transfer everything from old to new machine – what is the best way to do this so that when I go to my new PC it's effectively set up the same as my old PC?

I use Microsoft Outlook 2013 for my email and I'm about to buy a copy of office 2016.

I intend to use windows 10 backup to copy my files to an external drive on my old PC, can I then use this backup to restore the files to my new PC?

Also, can anyone suggest a good antivirus/malware program to run on my old PC to make sure not taking any "problems" with me?

All help gratefully appreciated.

Gary Gary Gary, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Windows Backup old PC to New PC

transferring email files from old pc to new pc

Alright. I believe what I'd suggest first is to install the logical successor to Windows Mail, which for Windows 7 onward would be the Windows Essentials pack's Mail program. Install it
    from here onto your new Windows 10 computer. This is actually just an updated version of the Windows Vista mail, and it can accept the exported emails from your old PC.

Once all your emails are into that program, fire up Outlook on the same PC and it can import from it using these steps: Migrate from Outlook Express or Windows (Live) Mail to Outlook - HowTo-Outlook

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows Backup old PC to New PC

1. Windows Backup old PC to New PC - Similar Threads - Backup old

2. Restoring an old backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring an old backup: in 2009 I backed up my wife's data onto discs before she got rid of her laptop. I now want to restore the data to my Windows 10 laptop but cannot find any software. Any ideas please....
  3. How can I backup my data from my old computer

How can I backup my data from my old computer: I have an old computer runs with windows and I need to backup the data to another tower that has a motherboard. How can I do it? I am doing it to be able to reset the administrator password. Thank you....
  4. [Help] Received Game Pass confirmation email to old backup email

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] Received Game Pass confirmation email to old backup email: I just purchased the Xbox Game Pass for PC from the microsoft store and received the confirmation email to an email account that is no longer associated with my microsoft account. Can anyone help me identify the issue here? submitted by /u/brianx87 [link] [comments]...
  5. I cannot delete old Win 7 backups on D drive from Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot delete old Win 7 backups on D drive from Win 10: I have updated to Win 10, and now cannot delete any old backups on my D drive which is almost full. Win 10 does not allow me to change the backup device to D so I can delete them....
  6. How to RESTORE old DATA FILE backups (WinXP/Win7) stored on an EXTERNAL USB HDD drive?

How to RESTORE old DATA FILE backups (WinXP/Win7) stored on an EXTERNAL USB HDD drive?: Most of the question is contained in the Subject line. I suddenly have an URGENT NEED to RESTORE/access some quite-old data files (PDFs) created under WinXP and Win7 which were backed-up/archived to an external HDD drive (thus not C:\ or D:\) a number of years ago. A few of...
  7. File History / Backup Restore of old files not possible?

File History / Backup Restore of old files not possible?: I have the following problem / question: I use "Back up using File History" to backup all important files (documents, etc.) on my PC. I got 2 external drives. One of them I placed into the Safe Deposit Box at my local bank about a month ago (with the status as per that...
  8. Delete old backups from another PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete old backups from another PC: I have an external HD where 3 different system image backups by windows were created in some other laptop. Now I have a different PC and I want to free disk space by deleting 2 of 3 backups. All searches in web show that I can use Control Panel > Windows 7 Restore and Backup...
  9. Backup from old windows

Backup from old windows: I recently had my computer serviced and windows was changed from 7 to 10. All my music and such was backed up and placed in a folder on my desktop. Now I don't know how to remove the items. Is there a simply solution to complete this task at my wits end....
  10. Using An Old Laptop For Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using An Old Laptop For Backup: Hi, I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to re-purpose an old laptop as an external backup medium. Here is the current situation: 1. We have 4 Windows 10 laptops at home 2. I have an old (about 8 years) Windows 7 laptop What are the options to use the old laptop...