Windows 10: Windows Backup over Network

Discus and support Windows Backup over Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there... I would need a help How to restore windows 10 system image(already taken) over a network to other computer or computers. Kindly Guide... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by agri, Aug 20, 2017.

1. agri Win User

Windows Backup over Network

Hi there...

I would need a help How to restore windows 10 system image(already taken) over a network to other computer or computers. Kindly Guide

:)

2. BMPTGO Win User

Windows 10 backup - Not Working

I have a Domain i configure my pc to make the backup over the network but if i tun off the pc windows loses the credentials to access the NAS on the the network. that means that is not working

BMPTGO, Aug 20, 2017
  3. Kevin J S Win User
    Can not back up lumia 1020 after 8.1 update 1

Have you happened to try doing the backup over a different network?

Regards,

Kevin J S, Aug 20, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

It does help to know what software you used to make the backup, along with if the backup was saved on a NAS or another computer.

bro67, Aug 20, 2017
  5. agri Win User
    i used the built in utility within windows 10 as shown in the screenshot and on the same disk .

6. cereberus Win User
    Is image of remote pc, or local pc?
    Restoring image to different pcs is tricky.

cereberus, Aug 21, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    If you are saving the backup to the same hard drive, it would not be the best idea, especially if the drive fails. Also a backup has to make a backup of your backup.

bro67, Aug 21, 2017
  8. cereberus Win User

Not if backup is in a separate partition.

Any backup to partition on same drive should only be temporary. I do it on on laptop regularly as only one drive for convenience but occasionally copy it to external drive, pragmatically accepting external backup may be a few weeks behind. I only tend to do external backup after significant changes. I store data in separate partition as well and back certain folders eg documents to onedrive automatically.

cereberus, Aug 21, 2017
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Back to the original question, I believe that a backup image created with Windows built-in imaging can only be restored to the computer that it was created from. @agri, I would suggest you use Macrium Reflect Free instead of Windows built-in backup and restore, it is much more flexible and network friendly and allow you to restore the image to different and multiple computers:

Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything

NavyLCDR, Aug 21, 2017
  10. agri Win User
Thema:

1. Windows Backup over Network - Similar Threads - Backup Network

2. All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...: HELP⁉‍In layman's terms please...without all the user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most user-friendly OS/PC? Microsoftsorry to say is so departmentalized it's ruining its products....
  3. All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...: HELP⁉‍In layman's terms please...without all the user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most user-friendly OS/PC? Microsoftsorry to say is so departmentalized it's ruining its products....
  4. All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to save more than 1 windows backup on a network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save more than 1 windows backup on a network drive: In Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Back up and Restore Windows 7, if I click Manage Space:It says, "Your backups are being saved on a network. Only the most recent system image will be retained, and the Change Settings button is greyed out:How do I change settings so...
  6. How to save more than 1 windows backup on a network drive

How to save more than 1 windows backup on a network drive: In Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Back up and Restore Windows 7, if I click Manage Space:It says, "Your backups are being saved on a network. Only the most recent system image will be retained, and the Change Settings button is greyed out:How do I change settings so...
  7. My Acer PC Backup Utility no longer recognizes my mapped network drives.

My Acer PC Backup Utility no longer recognizes my mapped network drives.: It use to work before I updated Windows to newer version? What is the bug?I can see the mapped network drives in File Explorer and move files around and add and delete files but the Backup Utility has no clue?I know Microsoft would prefer us to purchase cloud storage but I...
  8. My Acer PC Backup Utility no longer recognizes my mapped network drives.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Acer PC Backup Utility no longer recognizes my mapped network drives.: It use to work before I updated Windows to newer version? What is the bug?I can see the mapped network drives in File Explorer and move files around and add and delete files but the Backup Utility has no clue?I know Microsoft would prefer us to purchase cloud storage but I...
  9. My Acer PC Backup Utility no longer recognizes my mapped network drives.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. I have all my backups on a Iomega Home Media Network Storage NAS drive but can only see the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have all my backups on a Iomega Home Media Network Storage NAS drive but can only see the...: I have all my backups on a Iomega Home Media Network Storage NAS drive but can only see the pictures and cannot move or download them is there any software to move the files...