Windows 10: Windows Backup & Restore Question

Discus and support Windows Backup & Restore Question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wonder if automatic concurrent backups get faster after the initial backup is completed via adjusting the files from the initial backup? Or does it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GoddessFreya13, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Windows Backup & Restore Question

I wonder if automatic concurrent backups get faster after the initial backup is completed via adjusting the files from the initial backup? Or does it make a completely new copy every time it backs up files? I can't seem to find an answer to this question by searching.

:)

GoddessFreya13, Jan 23, 2021

2. Windows 7 Backup question

Hi, I have Windows 7 x64 HP. I've used the backup and restore feature to backup on an external drive, and I've also burned a copy of the restore software that it wished me to burn onto a CD. My question is, if ever my PC fails or something and I need to restore my files, will I need anything beyond the external drive and the backup CD? Or will I need the original OS CD as well? I upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista but I don't have my Vista disc anymore (lost it a long time ago), which basically means the Windows 7 upgrade disc shouldn't work either (to be honest, I haven't touched the disc in nearly a year so I don't really know where the W7 update disc is either :/). Thanks.

runevirage, Jan 23, 2021
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Windows Backup & Restore Question

installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows Backup & Restore Question

1. Windows Backup & Restore Question - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Question

2. Windows !! Backup and ReStore question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows !! Backup and ReStore question.: Backup and ReStore question. Backup completed but says some files were skipped. Is the backup still correct for restoring if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-backup-and-restore-question/67f99365-25a8-4599-ad0c-404fb5006186
  3. Windows !! Backup and ReStore question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows !! Backup and ReStore question.: Backup and ReStore question. Backup completed but says some files were skipped. Is the backup still correct for restoring if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-backup-and-restore-question/67f99365-25a8-4599-ad0c-404fb5006186
  4. Backup and Restore Windows 7 Questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and Restore Windows 7 Questions: Is there a time limit on how long we can use Backup and Restore Windows 7?I did a clean install a couple days ago and instead of using the third partyimaging software I was using I decide to use Backup and Restore Windows 7.I find it a bit cumbersome because I prefer to...
  5. Question about backup and restoring Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about backup and restoring Windows 10: I have an SSD as my main storage and a HDD to save all my games. Is there a way to only backup my SSD's appdata and restore my windows to 0 while keeping all my HDD data (all the games and stuff) and of course the old appdata submitted by /u/andresma7 [link] [comments]...
  6. Question on Using 'Backup and Restore (Windwos 7)' in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question on Using 'Backup and Restore (Windwos 7)' in Windows 10: Hi. I have my external drive (USB-C) connected to my Windows 10 laptop all the time for automatic backups, using Backup and Restore (Windows 7). I have a question: does the backup of the selected drive (in my case, drives C:/ and D:/) include files that are created after the...
  7. Windows 7 Backup/Restore question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 7 Backup/Restore question: I have used this program for some time but need to clarify 2 questions: 1.- Does it perform incremental or differential backups? I have read that it does only incremental, however after every backup I notice that changed files are available in their entirety, which would...
  8. Backup and Restore Question for File History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and Restore Question for File History: I have used File History for a number of years to backup my files. I can see it running and according to the program it operates successfully. For the heck of it I tried to restore a file, just to see if it would work. It ended up only finding a backup from July 2019, yet...
  9. Backup and Restore (Windows 7) Questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore (Windows 7) Questions: I created 2 disk images using Backup and Restore (Windows 7) I*renamed the first images folder*using the date. But, when I boot into the repair disc and choose select another image, I don't see the folder name. I'm not quit sure which one I would be restoring. Can...
  10. backup and restore question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backup and restore question: Hi everyone, I clean installed windows 10 from previously having windows 7, however I noticed in control panel>system and security>backup and restore, that it shows windows 7 in brackets. I've posted a screenshot below, and a screenshot of the next screen if I click on...