Windows 10: Windows backup sets

Discus and support Windows backup sets in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I back up my Windows 10 PC to an external hard drive once a week using Backup & Restore Windows 7. I currently have two Backup Sets on the external... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GrahamButler1, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Windows backup sets

I back up my Windows 10 PC to an external hard drive once a week using Backup & Restore Windows 7. I currently have two Backup Sets on the external drive each covering about 6 months. I would like to start a new backup set without losing the previous ones there is plenty of space on the drive but I can't find any option that allows me to do this. Can anyone assist please?

:)

GrahamButler1, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Geekoid Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Windows backup sets

Windows 10 Automatic Backup Settings

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, the process in creating a backup of your files to another drive has
    failed
    causing the
    error code
    0x80070032
    to appear. The
    error code
    pertains that the
    process was interrupted
    due to a
    corrupted or damaged files. We suggest that you perform these
    methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there's any changes:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Method 3: Defragmentation of drive(s).

To defrag your drives, follow these steps:

• On the
      Start menu, look for
      Windows Administrative Tools.

• Choose Defragment
      and Optimize Drives.

• Choose the
      drive
      you want to
      Defrag
      and click on
      Optimize.

• Wait until the
      defragmentation
      to
      finish.

• Restart
      your PC.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows backup sets

1. Windows backup sets - Similar Threads - backup sets

2. Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.: On Windows 11, when I go into settings - accounts - it shows my OneDrive as backed up. When I actually log into OneDrive and look at the settings, the Backup tab is missing. I've tried all of the steps that are suggested including re-installing OneDrive but with no success....
  3. Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup folder is not showing up on OneDrive settings.: On Windows 11, when I go into settings - accounts - it shows my OneDrive as backed up. When I actually log into OneDrive and look at the settings, the Backup tab is missing. I've tried all of the steps that are suggested including re-installing OneDrive but with no success....
  4. Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings: Hello.I'm using Windows 11 Pro and can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings. They're crashing. I tried it in Safe mode also. In Event Viewer I got this:Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.22621.2792, time...
  5. Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings

Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings: Hello.I'm using Windows 11 Pro and can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings. They're crashing. I tried it in Safe mode also. In Event Viewer I got this:Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.22621.2792, time...
  6. If I backup my laptop using the default backup i.e one drive will i get my settings,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I backup my laptop using the default backup i.e one drive will i get my settings,...: Umm the title is my questions thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-backup-my-laptop-using-the-default-backup-ie/880af015-24ac-40eb-adf3-3b3c31e5b4f4
  7. If I backup my laptop using the default backup i.e one drive will i get my settings,...

If I backup my laptop using the default backup i.e one drive will i get my settings,...: Umm the title is my questions thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-backup-my-laptop-using-the-default-backup-ie/880af015-24ac-40eb-adf3-3b3c31e5b4f4
  8. Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out: I'm using 2 accounts in my Windows 11. One work account and one private account so I can use 2 OneDrives. The private account is used to sync i.e. photos from my cell phone which isn't possible to do with the work account due to GDPR. So I have 2x 1TB available for i.e....
  9. Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out

Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out: I'm using 2 accounts in my Windows 11. One work account and one private account so I can use 2 OneDrives. The private account is used to sync i.e. photos from my cell phone which isn't possible to do with the work account due to GDPR. So I have 2x 1TB available for i.e....
  10. How can I set the remote folder of OneDrive when I turn on backup important folders in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I set the remote folder of OneDrive when I turn on backup important folders in...: I have turned on this function many years ago.However, maybe there is a bug.My Documents is stored in a strange folder in my OneDrive.How can I move it to the default position?...