Windows 10: Windows backup shortening username

Discus and support Windows backup shortening username in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am trying to set up Windows backup on a few machines. Windows (10) is shortening my name when it makes the folder. I am using Microsoft online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by oguruma, May 31, 2018.

1. oguruma Win User

Windows backup shortening username

I am trying to set up Windows backup on a few machines.

Windows (10) is shortening my name when it makes the folder. I am using Microsoft online accounts, not local accounts.

For example, it makes the folder /backups/jerem instead of /backups/jeremy. My son has two letters missing from his name.

On a different machine, however it spells my daughter's name in full without leaving off any letters.

Has anybody experienced this? And is there a fix?

:)

oguruma, May 31, 2018
Thema:

Windows backup shortening username

1. Windows backup shortening username - Similar Threads - backup shortening username

2. can I shorten the process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I shorten the process: I can’t use my brand new gaming Pc because I’m locked out. It wanted verification to make a new pin with a number I don’t have anymore. Microsoft sucks I don’t understand why things are so difficult. I have to wait 30days for something they can do with a click of a finger....
  3. can I shorten the process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I shorten the process: I can’t use my brand new gaming Pc because I’m locked out. It wanted verification to make a new pin with a number I don’t have anymore. Microsoft sucks I don’t understand why things are so difficult. I have to wait 30days for something they can do with a click of a finger....
  4. Batch shorten file names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch shorten file names: Hi everyone!I have a bunch of files for work, which all have a name like 'FunTimes-party2020', 'BossMan-party2020', 'GroupPhoto-party2020' just as a example.I need to shorten the names of the files in the example, remove the "party2020", but there are hundreds of files. Is...
  5. Batch shorten file names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch shorten file names: Hi everyone!I have a bunch of files for work, which all have a name like 'FunTimes-party2020', 'BossMan-party2020', 'GroupPhoto-party2020' just as a example.I need to shorten the names of the files in the example, remove the "party2020", but there are hundreds of files. Is...
  6. Shorten notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shorten notifications: I'm looking for a way to shorten notifications. The grey boxes with information. They linger for about twice as long as I'd like and whenever I mouse over them it resets the too-long clock. The only information I can find is for making them longer. Thank you. submitted by...
  7. How to backup and restore a VPN connection? With Username & Password?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to backup and restore a VPN connection? With Username & Password?: How can we backup and restore an existing, working VPN connection? Is there a way to even include the username and password for such connections? 152201
  8. shorten a file path

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    shorten a file path: i'm unable to save documents from external drive to my desktop because the file name is too long. so far the instructions on line to change or shorten the file path make no sense to me. is this something a typical user is able to do?...
  9. User name shortened - error ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User name shortened - error ?: In C Drive under users my user name shows as "tomfe" instead of Tom or TomFerguson. Not a serious issue but one I want to correct as is just is not correct. Can't seem to find a way to change it. Any suggestions welcome. [img] 18318
  10. Shortened startup followed by freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortened startup followed by freeze: Hi, I need help from the clever people out there. Every time I switch on my PC, it goes through a shortened startup (no startup tune, no checking Steam etc) which is very quick. Some time after this, the PC freezes and I have to hold the on/off button to switch off and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows shortening user name