Windows 10: Windows Backup Size compared to Windows 8.1

Discus and support Windows Backup Size compared to Windows 8.1 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a backup of Windows 8.1 that is around 30GB+ in size. I also have a Windows 10 backup that is around 10GB in size. Why would there be such a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by EchoX860, Aug 18, 2015.

1. EchoX860 Win User

Windows Backup Size compared to Windows 8.1

I have a backup of Windows 8.1 that is around 30GB+ in size. I also have a Windows 10 backup that is around 10GB in size. Why would there be such a huge difference in size? Please keep in mind that I have all my Music, Videos, Pictures, Documents and Downloads going to my 1TB hard drive, while I have a 120GB SSD as my boot drive which is the one I have backups of. Other than being different OS, and the abundance of Windows Updates for 8.1 compared to Windows 10, and all the programs are the exact same, is there something I'm missing about the size difference? Both Backups were taken at the same point, once all programs are updated to their latest version and all Windows updates installed. This is my usual setup for Windows 8.1

Diskpart Clean SSD
    Recover Backup
    Install all Windows Updates
    Install all Program Updates
    Delete Previous Backup
    Do New Backup
    (This is done every 3-4 months)

So far on Windows 10, all I've done is first backup, installed all programs and Windows update.

:)

EchoX860, Aug 18, 2015
  2. DonBozman Win User

Unable to free up drive space

Have done the disk cleanup. download folder and delivery optimization folder are empty. Size of Software Distribution is not comparatively large.

The backup folders (multiple) are subfolders of SystemRecovery folder which is not under Windows. It is in root directory.

DonBozman, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Data variation in Windows Maps app from HERE map app on Windows 10.

Original Title: Not enough data

If Windows Maps is still using the same data from HERE maps why is it that the map size of Malta is 45mb compared to the mobile version at ~135mb (on android) when I was using Lumia 820 Windows phone 8.1?

MiklosSchembri, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

Windows Backup Size compared to Windows 8.1

1. Windows Backup Size compared to Windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - Backup Size compared

2. Backup/Restore reports non-zero backup size when there is no backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup/Restore reports non-zero backup size when there is no backup: Trying to delete all backups from a drive. Now it says There are no data file backups for this computer on this drive. AND There are no system images for this computer on this drive. And yet the Manage Space tool still reports a System image size of 50 GB. How can I...
  3. Asphalt 8 in Windows 10 build 1809 OS 1 7763.194

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asphalt 8 in Windows 10 build 1809 OS 1 7763.194: My Acer es1-512 was just update to windows from 1803 to 1809 and i am having trouble with Asphalt 8, it just will not run. The game starts ok but when races start its like it goes into slow motion, i had no trouble with the game until latest update. Can anyone help me ?...
  4. Differential Backup Size vs. Full Backup Size

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Differential Backup Size vs. Full Backup Size: My backup process is to manually do a full system backup followed by periodic differential backups until the size of the differential backup gets too big. My question is how big is too big? My thinking (and this is just a guess) is that when the differential backup is about...
  5. Theres NO excuse for NOT taking Backups 8 Mins for Windows !!

Theres NO excuse for NOT taking Backups 8 Mins for Windows !!: Hi there There's no excuse these days for NOT taking backups Windows 10 X-64 on laptop -- 232 GB SSD backed up to external 232 GB SSD connected via USB3-->sata connector. 8 Mins to do --and that includes running an active Virtual Machine while the backup was running....
  6. Driver backup tool for windows(desktop) 7/8/10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver backup tool for windows(desktop) 7/8/10: Hi, A handy tool, made by me, to view device/driver info and backup "installed" drivers. When use this tool before formatting, drivers can be reused after fresh windows installation. This tool is for Windows 7/8/10 desktop versions. http://www..eu/drivermanager...
  7. Size of backup file using Windows Backup

Size of backup file using Windows Backup: I have an HP a6547c desktop that has gone from Vista to Windows 8.1 and finally to Windows 10. Attached is a Western Digital 1TB external hard drive that was wiped clean. I started the Windows Backup program (worried at first when it said Backup Win 7) and after a number of...
  8. WIN 10 REGISTRY Compared to Win 7/8

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIN 10 REGISTRY Compared to Win 7/8: Hi, I have lots of Registry tweaks ( reg files ) from the win7/8 forums collected over the years. When I set up win 8, I noticed many of the win 7 reg settings were similar and worked in win 8, but a few did not, mainly to do with ui iirc. Now I want to use the...
  9. Comparing versions of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Comparing versions of Windows 10: Hi I would like to be able to compare the versions of Windows 10 both already installed on my machine and the version of the ISO on a DVD. I have followed the tutorial on finding this information for an ISO using the DISM command and it would be useful if I could have the...
  10. Anticipation of 9 compared to 8

in Windows 10 Support
    Anticipation of 9 compared to 8: Wasn't sure if this should go here or in the chill out section, if wrong place please move For those that were around before 8 was released (getting ready for the beta of it) what was the feeling towards it compared to now getting ready for 9 to come out Unfortunately I...