Windows 10: Windows Backup Size compared to Windows 8.1

Discus and support Windows Backup Size compared to Windows 8.1 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a backup of Windows 8.1 that is around 30GB+ in size. I also have a Windows 10 backup that is around 10GB in size. Why would there be such a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by EchoX860, Aug 18, 2015.

1. EchoX860 Win User

Windows Backup Size compared to Windows 8.1

I have a backup of Windows 8.1 that is around 30GB+ in size. I also have a Windows 10 backup that is around 10GB in size. Why would there be such a huge difference in size? Please keep in mind that I have all my Music, Videos, Pictures, Documents and Downloads going to my 1TB hard drive, while I have a 120GB SSD as my boot drive which is the one I have backups of. Other than being different OS, and the abundance of Windows Updates for 8.1 compared to Windows 10, and all the programs are the exact same, is there something I'm missing about the size difference? Both Backups were taken at the same point, once all programs are updated to their latest version and all Windows updates installed. This is my usual setup for Windows 8.1

Diskpart Clean SSD
    Recover Backup
    Install all Windows Updates
    Install all Program Updates
    Delete Previous Backup
    Do New Backup
    (This is done every 3-4 months)

So far on Windows 10, all I've done is first backup, installed all programs and Windows update.

:)

EchoX860, Aug 18, 2015
  2. DonBozman Win User

Unable to free up drive space

Have done the disk cleanup. download folder and delivery optimization folder are empty. Size of Software Distribution is not comparatively large.

The backup folders (multiple) are subfolders of SystemRecovery folder which is not under Windows. It is in root directory.

DonBozman, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Data variation in Windows Maps app from HERE map app on Windows 10.

Original Title: Not enough data

If Windows Maps is still using the same data from HERE maps why is it that the map size of Malta is 45mb compared to the mobile version at ~135mb (on android) when I was using Lumia 820 Windows phone 8.1?

MiklosSchembri, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

Windows Backup Size compared to Windows 8.1

1. Windows Backup Size compared to Windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - Backup Size compared

2. windows 8 backup help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 8 backup help: Evening all,I need some help with a Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD7500BPVT hard drive. I created a back up with what I think was windows 8 to an external hard drive which created 3 files called sources, EFI and reagent. I then done a fresh install and gave it to my nephew to...
  3. windows 8 backup help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 8 backup help: Evening all,I need some help with a Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD7500BPVT hard drive. I created a back up with what I think was windows 8 to an external hard drive which created 3 files called sources, EFI and reagent. I then done a fresh install and gave it to my nephew to...
  4. Is my Windows 10 File History backup too small compared to hard disk size?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is my Windows 10 File History backup too small compared to hard disk size?: Is File History backing everything up that it should?My hard disk is 165 Gb used plus 56 Gb empty Within the hard disk, my User directory is 92 Gb, plus about 10 Gb extra from Dropbox, Windows Online + Google Docs, in total 92+10 = 102 Gb of my data.I'm making a backup to an...
  5. Backup and compare with robocopy not working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and compare with robocopy not working: I've backed up the Windows folder from a Windows 10 boot drive with robocopy F:\Windows E:\roboRubi\Windowsz /mir Both source and target drives are attached to internal SATA ports. None of the two drives (source and target) is the boot drive I'm booted into. I'm using an...
  6. Windows 10 SINGLE Backup file size?!?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 SINGLE Backup file size?!?: Hi, I have been using Windows backup for years....but..this past year (Windows 10), I have noticed, when I go to Manage Windows Backup disk space Backup or restore your files / Manage space / View backups.../ Select a backup period to delete....there is always now only a...
  7. Differential Backup Size vs. Full Backup Size

Differential Backup Size vs. Full Backup Size: My backup process is to manually do a full system backup followed by periodic differential backups until the size of the differential backup gets too big. My question is how big is too big? My thinking (and this is just a guess) is that when the differential backup is about...
  8. Size of backup file using Windows Backup

Size of backup file using Windows Backup: I have an HP a6547c desktop that has gone from Vista to Windows 8.1 and finally to Windows 10. Attached is a Western Digital 1TB external hard drive that was wiped clean. I started the Windows Backup program (worried at first when it said Backup Win 7) and after a number of...
  9. WIN 10 REGISTRY Compared to Win 7/8

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIN 10 REGISTRY Compared to Win 7/8: Hi, I have lots of Registry tweaks ( reg files ) from the win7/8 forums collected over the years. When I set up win 8, I noticed many of the win 7 reg settings were similar and worked in win 8, but a few did not, mainly to do with ui iirc. Now I want to use the...
  10. Anticipation of 9 compared to 8

in Windows 10 Support
    Anticipation of 9 compared to 8: Wasn't sure if this should go here or in the chill out section, if wrong place please move For those that were around before 8 was released (getting ready for the beta of it) what was the feeling towards it compared to now getting ready for 9 to come out Unfortunately I...