Windows 10: Windows backup to external hard drive doesn't recognize external drive.

Discus and support Windows backup to external hard drive doesn't recognize external drive. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Need to rebuild my OS, but I'd llike to do a full backup before I proceed. But the built in Windows 10 backup doesn't recognize my Seagate Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Darth_Squirrel, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Windows backup to external hard drive doesn't recognize external drive.

Need to rebuild my OS, but I'd llike to do a full backup before I proceed. But the built in Windows 10 backup doesn't recognize my Seagate Desktop Drive. Google searches only brought up windows forums saying to check your drivers, although it works fine in explorer.

Are there any freeware backup software out there (or reasonably priced retail priced commercial options)?

submitted by /u/Darth_Squirrel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Darth_Squirrel, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Smittychat., Jul 17, 2020
  3. external hard drives

Hello, After win 10 updates, my comp no longer recognizes my external hard drive/backup. Any suggestions as to how to fix the issue?

JANHENDRIK49, Jul 17, 2020
  4. saraterry Win User

Windows backup to external hard drive doesn't recognize external drive.

external hard drive

For the build 1809 for Windows 10, I had to move all my pictures and documents to an external hard drive. Now my computer doesn't recognize the hard drive so I can't access anything on there.. Any suggestions?

Thanks

saraterry, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows backup to external hard drive doesn't recognize external drive.

1. Windows backup to external hard drive doesn't recognize external drive. - Similar Threads - backup external hard

2. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive backup: Hi everybody, I would like to back up an external hard drive. To this day at the end of the day I launch a backup program with which I save everything to another external hard drive. Due to a malfunction a few days ago I risked losing data both on the main hard disk and on...
  3. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive backup: Hi everybody, I would like to back up an external hard drive. To this day at the end of the day I launch a backup program with which I save everything to another external hard drive. Due to a malfunction a few days ago I risked losing data both on the main hard disk and on...
  4. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bitlocker doesn't recognize external hard drive

Bitlocker doesn't recognize external hard drive: Recently bought an external hard drive and wanted to use bitlocker go to password protect it. I plugged the hard drive into my laptop through a usb 3.0 connection and it appears in my file explorer just fine. However, when go into "manage bitlocker" it does not appear in the...
  6. External Hard drive Not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard drive Not recognized: The device I am trying to install is an external hard drive I purchased from thee MAC store Backup Plus Portable Drive. I have tried all three methods stated above and non of them worked for me. In particular in regards to method 3 I have downloaded and installed the...
  7. backup to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    backup to external hard drive: The backup to external hard drive will not perform. All kinds of errors and it says it did not backup. What? Am I so stupid that I cannot tell it what drive to back up to? It wants to choose for me and then does not like it's choice. Where are the real settings so I can...
  8. external hard drive not recognized

external hard drive not recognized: I had storage spaces From windows 8.1 that computer went down I moved Storage spaces to another computer. windows 10 machine. Everything works. I was able to Copy those files to another drives. now I want to reuse those drives but only let me rename it not to remove. I...
  9. Laptop doesn't recognize external hard drive

Laptop doesn't recognize external hard drive: I just purchased a new WD MyBook 8TB external hard drive to replace my Seagate 8TB hard drive because it quit working. I see it in Device Manager. I hear it spinning. I have changed USB ports. I have used Windows update. I have connected my older WD 3TB MyBook external hard...
  10. external hard drive not recognized

external hard drive not recognized: I have two Western Digital 300GB, USB3, external drives. Suddenly both are not recognized by Windows. 1) Neither appear as a drive in File Explorer 2) Device Manager reports that the "device is working properly", and the drivers are up to date. There is a message in...