Windows 10: windows backup twice C drive used space: how to reduce

Discus and support windows backup twice C drive used space: how to reduce in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Giving a windows 10 system away and wanted to make an image backup for the friend. Did a disk clean and removed a lot of junk. Used space on drive is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BeemerBiker, Aug 27, 2019.

1. windows backup twice C drive used space: how to reduce

Giving a windows 10 system away and wanted to make an image backup for the friend. Did a disk clean and removed a lot of junk. Used space on drive is 41gb, should fit on double layer Blue Ray. Unaccountably, the size of the backup is 81gb. That 41 includes paging, hibernate and swap which do not need to be in any backup. How can I get the size down to fit on a blue ray disk SL or DL? System has blue ray recorder. I would like to write to an external drive as I can use Nero or other tools to do the write as they can verify.

:)

BeemerBiker, Aug 27, 2019

2. Free space in C drive keeps reducing

I have been using Win 10 Pro on my laptop for a while now. And I have noticed that the free space in my C drive keeps reducing on its own.

I tried adding the total size of all the folders (including hidden folders) in my C drive (eg Windows, Program files, Users, etc.) and it comes to around 51GB. The total size of my C drive is 96.8 GB and on "This PC" it shows free space of just 15.4 GB.
    A few days back it was 19.4 GB.

Whats wrong with my C drive? Whats eating up all the free space?

ApurvaJariwala, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Aug 27, 2019
  4. windows backup twice C drive used space: how to reduce

Backup drive is running out of space

Hi Argel Obm,

Thank you for your helpful post. I am travelling & would try out your suggestions after return.

Would write back if I need further help.

Thank you

Bappaditya Gupta, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

windows backup twice C drive used space: how to reduce

1. windows backup twice C drive used space: how to reduce - Similar Threads - backup twice drive

2. Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space: Hi,I'm on Windows 10 21H2 current 4/26/22.I use Windows Backup and Restore Windows 7 Utility to backup my system disk only. And I use Windows Explorer to copy the User directory to backup my D disk. Before I started first of two backups, I cleaned up the C drive using...
  3. Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space: Hi,I'm on Windows 10 21H2 current 4/26/22.I use Windows Backup and Restore Windows 7 Utility to backup my system disk only. And I use Windows Explorer to copy the User directory to backup my D disk. Before I started first of two backups, I cleaned up the C drive using...
  4. C drive free space reduced by hidden files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive free space reduced by hidden files: Hello, everyone, I'm Arjun.My C drive is showing wrong information about the space used.All the folders in the C driver cumulatively use 62.5GB and my C drive is about 195GB.But the C drive is showing the amount of free space is only 92.6GB.Where is this space approx. 40GB...
  5. C drive free space reduced by hidden files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive free space reduced by hidden files: Hello, everyone, I'm Arjun.My C drive is showing wrong information about the space used.All the folders in the C driver cumulatively use 62.5GB and my C drive is about 195GB.But the C drive is showing the amount of free space is only 92.6GB.Where is this space approx. 40GB...
  6. C drive free space reduced by hidden files

7. C drive free space is reducing automatically

C drive free space is reducing automatically: Hello,I have windows 10 operating system. Last day I updated the windows then suddenly today I saw that my C drive free space has been reduced. Before update it was 96 gb of free space now it has 75 gb free space. How can I get more free space ?Is there anything to clean up?...
  8. C drive free space is reducing automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive free space is reducing automatically: Hello,I have windows 10 operating system. Last day I updated the windows then suddenly today I saw that my C drive free space has been reduced. Before update it was 96 gb of free space now it has 75 gb free space. How can I get more free space ?Is there anything to clean up?...
  9. C drive free space is reducing automatically

10. Space reducing on C drive after restart

Space reducing on C drive after restart: My c drive is getting filled because of apps and features everytime I restart my pc. I only have 2 gb of apps when I checked. Pls help me *Original title: Please help me...