Windows 10: Windows Backup ==> USB file not shown in Directory

Discus and support Windows Backup ==> USB file not shown in Directory in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows says that Backup is ON and was active this morning, 9/27/2020 at 5:17 a.m. 232GB to external Hard Drive F:, 999GB free of 1.36 TB, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LandOwner, Sep 27, 2020.

1. LandOwner Win User

Windows Backup ==> USB file not shown in Directory

Windows says that Backup is ON and was active this morning, 9/27/2020 at 5:17 a.m. 232GB to external Hard Drive F:, 999GB free of 1.36 TB, but the directory of F: in Explorer does not show any file activity on F: since 6/13/2020. I don't understand where BACKUP is saving on a DAILY basis. Is it a HIDDEN file?

:)

LandOwner, Sep 27, 2020

2. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Windows Backup ==> USB file not shown in Directory

Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows Backup ==> USB file not shown in Directory

1. Windows Backup ==> USB file not shown in Directory - Similar Threads - Backup ==> USB

2. I tried to change my Windows file directory name but forgot to backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I tried to change my Windows file directory name but forgot to backup: I was stupid and forgot to do research and backup before doing something I didn't know was extremely dangerous. I attempted to change my Windows local file directory name through netplwiz, regedit, then renaming the actual User name file but severely messed up and don't know...
  3. Reflect Backup Files / Sets not Shown in Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reflect Backup Files / Sets not Shown in Recovery Environment: I booted to the Macrium Recovery Environment for Reflect v8 for my PC which has a system drive C and another drive D for Reflect backups. I can browse to find the backup files on drive D in the recovery environment. However, when I add the path D:\Reflect Backups no backup...
  4. Can file history backup the files that are on a usb drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can file history backup the files that are on a usb drive?: I am not asking about backing up TO an external drive. submitted by /u/nintendo1889 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mrq3tf/can_file_history_backup_the_files_that_are_on_a/
  5. Move or rename of a directory on USB drive deletes all files/directories in it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move or rename of a directory on USB drive deletes all files/directories in it.: Window 10 home on a Lenovo IdeaPad: I have a new 2Tbyte USB FLASH drive. On using it as a backup I get Error 80070570 errors. To debug I copied one of the files that had the error to a different directory with no problem. I deleted the original/error directory and renamed...
  6. USB Not Shown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Not Shown: My computer is completely up to date. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the USB controllers and restarted the computer as instructions from other questions have explained. Even after all of this, any flashdrive that I plug in to either of my USB ports does not show up on my...
  7. File search fails to find files in directories on USB drive Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File search fails to find files in directories on USB drive Windows 10: I'm going to save various thousands of words by inserting images. First, these are the drives. [ATTACH] Searches on M: don't work. Note the indicated files in M:\Music. [ATTACH] Here's the result of a search of this directory. Note that Windows did not find any of...
  8. Windows 10 File History backup fails for every directory: "Directory is not backed up...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 File History backup fails for every directory: "Directory is not backed up...: Appears to be problem reported as "Your data is not yet backed up" Windows 10 Home version 1803 current as of 7/11/2018. Since application of KB4284848 on 7/05/2018 File History has stopped working. It no longer backs up any directories. The Error log message is...
  9. "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" Seagate Backup +

"The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" Seagate Backup +: I just moved from 64 bit Windows 7 to 10 so I backed everything on my 4TB Seagate Backup Plus external drive. I also have Carbonite so all is not lost if it comes to that. I made a base Image using Macrium Reflect that I still would like to get back though. Anyway the...
  10. How To Determine Content of Other Files Shown in Windows Backup Usage

How To Determine Content of Other Files Shown in Windows Backup Usage: When using the Win 7 Backup program on my Win 10 computer, my disk space usage summary shows an entry called Other Files, in addition to Data Files and System Image. What is the purpose and content of these Other Files? They currently require a pretty big chunk (497 GB) of...