Windows 10: Windows Backup would skip files because they are "corrupted" but they still work fine?

Discus and support Windows Backup would skip files because they are "corrupted" but they still work fine? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was doing Windows backup because I had an issue I want to solve, but don't want to lose the entire system while doing so. But when the backup is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ASEM1123, Mar 5, 2021.

1. ASEM1123 Win User

Windows Backup would skip files because they are "corrupted" but they still work fine?

I was doing Windows backup because I had an issue I want to solve, but don't want to lose the entire system while doing so. But when the backup is finished, Windows told me that they skipped some files because they are corrupted, and gave me a log file:

Windows Backup skipped C:\ because is it on corrupted drive C:\.

Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\arthu\Documents because is it on corrupted drive C:\.

Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\arthu\OneDrive\Documents because is it on corrupted drive C:\.

Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\arthu\Music because is it on corrupted drive C:\.

Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\arthu\OneDrive\Music because is it on corrupted drive C:\.

Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\arthu\Pictures because is it on corrupted drive C:\.

Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\arthu\OneDrive\Pictures because is it on corrupted drive C:\.

Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\arthu\Videos because is it on corrupted drive C:\.

Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\arthu\AppData\Roaming because is it on corrupted drive C:\.

Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\arthu\AppData\Local because is it on corrupted drive C:\.

Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\arthu\AppData\LocalLow because is it on corrupted drive C:\.

Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\arthu\Contacts because is it on corrupted drive C:\.

Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\arthu\Desktop because is it on corrupted drive C:\.

Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\arthu\Downloads because is it on corrupted drive C:\.

Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\arthu\Favorites because is it on corrupted drive C:\.

Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\arthu\Links because is it on corrupted drive C:\.

Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\arthu\Saved Games because is it on corrupted drive C:\.

Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\arthu\Searches because is it on corrupted drive C:\.

But every file in the mentioned directories seem to work fine? I can open all pictures, all documents, games, downloads, etc.

This might be related to the problem but I want to try and fix the system as chkdsk and dfrgui broke after I installed and still persists after I uninstalled VALORANT. Check disk will always run on every startup and the Disk Defragmenter won't even open.

I'm currently on Windows 10 1909 if that helps. Will this issue persist when I update to say, 2004?

Reinstalling Windows fresh is not an option for me.

:)

ASEM1123, Mar 5, 2021

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Backup skipped

Hi Ken,

For us to better isolate your concern, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are your backing up files or creating a system image?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest deleting the backup you created and create a new one. Click this
    article
    and follow the steps on how to create a backup.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Mar 5, 2021
  4. malware Win User

Windows Backup would skip files because they are "corrupted" but they still work fine?

Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Backup would skip files because they are "corrupted" but they still work fine? - Similar Threads - Backup skip files

2. Backup "The backup completed but some files were skipped."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup "The backup completed but some files were skipped.": I have Windows 11 Home but use Windows 7 Backup. It gives me this error: The backup completed but some files were skipped. There is a text document you can open for details:Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents....
  3. Files skipped during backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files skipped during backup: Backing up my Windows10 machine I keep getting errors0x8100002f - files skipped. Does this error make the backup useless or are there just a few of my files omittedWhat can I do simply...
  4. Files skipped during backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files skipped during backup: Backing up my Windows10 machine I keep getting errors0x8100002f - files skipped. Does this error make the backup useless or are there just a few of my files omittedWhat can I do simply...
  5. Files skipped during backup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 Pro Backup Skipped Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Backup Skipped Files: Backup skips files that I cannot locate on my PC. Error log indicates Error Code 0x8100002F. See following screen print: [ATTACH] All suggested procedure recommends "Click on OneDrive Cloud Icon" on Taskbar. I do not have a "OneDrive Cloud Icon". OneDrive is not on my PC;...
  7. Windows 10 Full backup fails because of skipped files

Windows 10 Full backup fails because of skipped files: Windows 10 Full backup fails because of skipped files, I am backing up files to a Western Digital Easy Store 4 tigabyte drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-full-backup-fails-because-of-skipped/6aa72288-970e-4cce-bd17-f1c28451a942
  8. Backup Skipped Files

Backup Skipped Files: After backing up my desktop computer I receive a message that my backup is complete but 2 files were skipped ( view in notepad says error codes 0x80070002 and 0x80070003). How do I get rid of these 2 files before I backup again...
  9. Backup on W10 skips file

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup on W10 skips file: Windows backup always skips 2 files : G:\username\MUSIC and says that it is already on the target drive. This after even reformatting that drive! (on windows 10). Also, a second error involving the file E:\username\MUSIC appears simultaneously, with the statement that the...
  10. files skipped during backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    files skipped during backup: Every time I back up w10, it tells me files were skipped. (Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Music. Error*SadThe system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002)) There is one file in the folder "music" with 0 length (properties...