Windows 10: Windows barely picks up headset mic input

Discus and support Windows barely picks up headset mic input in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have had this issue for a while now where my mic always sounds super quiet. I have had the issue with multiple different headsets, different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tristan Sheppler, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Windows barely picks up headset mic input

I have had this issue for a while now where my mic always sounds super quiet. I have had the issue with multiple different headsets, different software, and different devices running different versions of windows Desktop PC with windows 10 and laptop with windows 11. I have tried all the usual solutions to fix the issue I can find including updating/reinstalling drivers, maxing out input volume in device properties, plugging the headset into different ports, etc. None of this has worked. In the sound settings where it says test your microphone, whenever I speak it is consistently using only

:)

Tristan Sheppler, Jun 7, 2023
  2. bro67 Win User

Mic picking up audio output from headset.

Either they are playing around with you or you have a chat running, with the MIC allowing everything, no matter what. Suggest unhooking your headset when not using.

bro67, Jun 7, 2023
  3. Zoladex Win User
    Laptop not splitting headset mic & audio?

Hi
    Simple version. When i plug in my headset to my laptop windows10 is not splitting it into one output and one input.

I fixed this years back by setting the popup box 'whats plugged in' from headphone to headset. Then it split the audio and mic. However i had to reinstall windows and now when i select headset it just mutes my laptop mic and audio manager just shows the one mic, but two audio outputs.

It was working before the reset and i have tested the headset on another computer and it is working find.
    So far i tried device manage audio driver install, for both Realtek driver and High Definition driver but either resolve the issue.

Any suggestions why windows would pick up one and not the other?

I currently have it set to headphone plugged in so that i can use my laptop mic, but ive been told i sound really bad *Sad

Cheers,
    Zola

Zoladex, Jun 7, 2023
  4. iecrr Win User

Windows barely picks up headset mic input

After Windows update, Realtek "Headphone" setting does not detect headset mic, while "Headset" setting detects mic but picks up computer sounds

As additional information, I found out that adjusting the headset's volume knob would also affect the volume of the desktop audio that the headset mic picks up.

Given also that the desktop audio is picked up as input only when the headset's mic is being used, do these things isolate the issue as a hardware issue? Or not really?

iecrr, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

Windows barely picks up headset mic input

1. Windows barely picks up headset mic input - Similar Threads - barely picks headset

2. Headset mic is picking up application sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset mic is picking up application sounds: my arctis 1 wireless is picking up my application noises when i plug it into the two audio ports in the back of my pc or just in general I have an adaptor for logitech headphones that ive used with other headsets that worked fine but this particular headset plays back all...
  3. Headset mic is picking up application sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic is picking up application sounds: my arctis 1 wireless is picking up my application noises when i plug it into the two audio ports in the back of my pc or just in general I have an adaptor for logitech headphones that ive used with other headsets that worked fine but this particular headset plays back all...
  4. Windows barely picks up headset mic input

Windows barely picks up headset mic input: I have had this issue for a while now where my mic always sounds super quiet. I have had the issue with multiple different headsets, different software, and different devices running different versions of windows Desktop PC with windows 10 and laptop with windows 11. I have...
  5. Windows barely picks up headset mic input

Windows barely picks up headset mic input: I have had this issue for a while now where my mic always sounds super quiet. I have had the issue with multiple different headsets, different software, and different devices running different versions of windows Desktop PC with windows 10 and laptop with windows 11. I have...
  6. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  7. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  8. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

9. Headset Mic Detected but will not pick up audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset Mic Detected but will not pick up audio: I bought the CM MH751 headset and plugged it in as normal using the cable splitter so that the headset and mic are in their correct jacks. The audio to the headset is working correct and the mic is detected but it will not take audio input. I have done troubleshooting for...
  10. Headset Mic not picking up on pc

Headset Mic not picking up on pc: I have an hp all-in-one desktop pc. My pc only picks up the built in microphone and not the microphone from my headset. The pc has one 3.5mm port and the picture that is above it is of a mic/headset combo. However, when I plug in my headset the pc only recognizes the already...