Windows 10: Windows Basic style/win7 non aero theme on windows 10

Discus and support Windows Basic style/win7 non aero theme on windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello forum users I recently upgraded to windows 10 to experience the new OS from windows 7 (updates ended Jan 14). I quickly realized that not only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by isaacthethemer, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Windows Basic style/win7 non aero theme on windows 10

Hello forum users
    I recently upgraded to windows 10 to experience the new OS from windows 7 (updates ended Jan 14). I quickly realized that not only are the transparent aero themes are gone, the basic style is also gone, and I used this style. I also found out that this new style was kind of an overlay over the old basic theme. I know that desktop composition works that way, but the option to turn it off is missing from sysdm.cpl and theme is also missing. But since it is behind the new style, there must be a way to restore it. You can see this when switching to fullscreen in google earth pro, the basic borders show briefly when switching. I never saw this in windows 7, so the composition must work different in windows 10. I am using windows 10 build 1909.
    Screenshot of google earth border: imgbox - fast, simple image host

:)

isaacthethemer, Apr 7, 2020

2. Windows Basic style/win7 non aero theme on windows 10

Hello,
    I know about aero glass but I want the basic style not the aero style can you help me further?
    Thank you

isaacthethemer, Apr 7, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows Basic style/win7 non aero theme on windows 10

One way - not a theme- is to use Aeroglass:

Aero Glass for Win8+

Windows Basic style/win7 non aero theme on windows 10 [​IMG]

Another is to use WindowBlinds.

Note: to post a screenshot as above, the most helpful way is to use site features - the icon above your post with tooltip Insert Image.

dalchina, Apr 7, 2020
  4. GSynergy Win User

Aero Basic in Windows 10?

It is not there, an Aero Basic theme (Visual Style) is non existent, I have an Aero Lite theme and the Normal Windows 10 theme but they both look very different. Maybe it is hidden, but where would it be? I'm talking about the visual style in the second
    screenshot, it looks like Windows 7 and Vista's Aero Basic theme (Visual Style). I cannot find it at all. see screeshot here http://i.imgur.com/zXOAZoN.png

GSynergy, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Basic style/win7 non aero theme on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Basic style win7

2. Aero theme support in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aero theme support in windows 11: Hello , My current pc does not support installing windows 7 ,it came with win 11 pre-installed . i don't like windows 11 pre-installed themes ,is there any way to install windows 7 aero theme in windows 11 ? i really miss windows 7 ui ,windows 7 ui was best for me or if there...
  3. I somehow got Windows Basic theme with working Aero animations on Windows 10 after a lag...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I somehow got Windows Basic theme with working Aero animations on Windows 10 after a lag...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FiveWings2k6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/10na725/i_somehow_got_windows_basic_theme_with_working/
  4. Please Add A Aero Theme In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please Add A Aero Theme In Windows 10: Dear Microsoft,Can You Add A Aero Theme In Windows 10 , Because Some Of Us Dont Want The Modern Style ,And Please Bring Back The Windows Media Center :- I Would Be Happy If You Will Add This , But If NotI Will Downgrade My PC To Windows 7.-JenrexPolinag , A Windows 10 User...
  5. Aero Glass Theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Aero Glass Theme: Will Microsoft ever add the aero glass theme back? I'm using windows 10 and I'm totally missing it. Even if Microsoft prefers the new metro theme, it should still add the glass appearance as an option in the personalization window. Not saying that windows 10 is bad. It is an...
  6. Windows basic/win7 non aero theme on windows 10

Windows basic/win7 non aero theme on windows 10: Hello community members I have just upgraded recently to windows 10 and the first thing I discovered is that not only are the aero themes are removed, the windows basic style was also removed. On windows 7, I used this style and I like the sky blue borders and buttons. I...
  7. Acceleration of GUI interface on the non-Aero themes of Win 7

Acceleration of GUI interface on the non-Aero themes of Win 7: Acceleration of GUI on the non-Aero themes Windows 7 A complete set of solutions dated December 7, 2019, consisting of a new version of the Aero theme "Classic AE mod 2019_8", a patch for the dwm.exe file, and a set of programs to accelerate the user interface, including the...
  8. Windows XP theme and Aero

Windows XP theme and Aero: So, I've grown extremely attached to the Windows 7 Aero theme, and XP looks pretty nice too. However, since XP's already dead, and 7 is very quickly nearing end of support (P.S., please don't kill 7, it'll be bad for all of us), soon I'm going to have to switch to the Metro...
  9. Windows 10 themes/styles/or whatever they are ...

Windows 10 themes/styles/or whatever they are ...: I have googled my fingers to the bone for two days (without success). I have an antique application written in VB6 that has survived since the Win95 days. I have implemented numerous custom controls to provide appearance and functionality not available from the manufacturer....
  10. Aero Theme on WTP

Aero Theme on WTP: For those who may (or may not) follow Vishal Gupta's page, he's just released his custom Aero themes for Windows 8 and 8.1 which work fairly well on WTP. Get all the info here: Download AeroVG Ei8ht and Ei8ht.1ne Themes for Windows 8 / 8.1 - AskVG [img] 2994