Windows 10: Windows Basic Theme Files

Discus and support Windows Basic Theme Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I notice wherever there are queries about Windows themes that people get referred to the themes folders as in C:Windows\resources\Themes or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveMicrosoft, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Windows Basic Theme Files

I notice wherever there are queries about Windows themes that people get referred to the themes folders as in C:Windows\resources\Themes or C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes.

I need to find the main Windows theme which I cannot see in there - only in the settings - there only seem to be the Aero themes and any Custom themes I create or download there, but not the basic one, just called Windows, which is the main one on the settings page.

Most of the themes I have seem to be light colours but the Windows one in the settings is the only one which sets a dark taskbar. Right clicking that only offers the option to delete it and doesn't reveal its path.

Where is the "real" theme folder? - I have seen many other posts clearly looking for this but never finding it.

Thanks for any thoughts
    Steve

:)

SteveMicrosoft, Mar 5, 2021

2. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 5, 2021
  3. monim1 Win User
    EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Windows Basic Theme Files

Windows 10 - How to install themes

Hi Rykel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

What error do you receive while trying to download themes?

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the desktop screen and select
              Personalize.

• Select themes from the left side of the page.

• Next select Themes settings.

• Select Get more Themes online.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows Basic Theme Files

1. Windows Basic Theme Files - Similar Threads - Basic Theme Files

2. Is there's a basic Windows 7 theme on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there's a basic Windows 7 theme on Windows 10?: I was rapidly pressing f11 on cmd. I noticed that there's a basic Windows 7 themes triggered not long before the cmd became full screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-theres-a-basic-windows-7-theme-on-windows-10/7cd7abab-afd8-4082-9445-a4823a40e5e0
  3. Is there's a basic Windows 7 theme on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there's a basic Windows 7 theme on Windows 10?: I was rapidly pressing f11 on cmd. I noticed that there's a basic Windows 7 themes triggered not long before the cmd became full screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-theres-a-basic-windows-7-theme-on-windows-10/7cd7abab-afd8-4082-9445-a4823a40e5e0
  4. Is there's a basic Windows 7 theme on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Win32 Applications exiting out of full screen shows basic theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win32 Applications exiting out of full screen shows basic theme: Hello, I've noticed in Microsoft edge I exited out of full screen and for a split second I see a windows 7 basic theme it happens with Minecraft java and some other applications. Is this normal or something wrong with my drivers....
  6. Windows 10 using Basic theme

Windows 10 using Basic theme: Hello Recently I installed an old application that only ran well in 16 bit color for some reason and when I set it to the XP compatibility mode and 16 colors the windows aero basic theme was used (the theme from windows 7 with the light blue title bars). During the whole...
  7. Windows Basic style/win7 non aero theme on windows 10

Windows Basic style/win7 non aero theme on windows 10: Hello forum users I recently upgraded to windows 10 to experience the new OS from windows 7 (updates ended Jan 14). I quickly realized that not only are the transparent aero themes are gone, the basic style is also gone, and I used this style. I also found out that this new...
  8. Windows basic/win7 non aero theme on windows 10

Windows basic/win7 non aero theme on windows 10: Hello community members I have just upgraded recently to windows 10 and the first thing I discovered is that not only are the aero themes are removed, the windows basic style was also removed. On windows 7, I used this style and I like the sky blue borders and buttons. I...
  9. Changing the Theme for File Explorer to Light Theme

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the Theme for File Explorer to Light Theme: I am in WIndows 10 latest update. My Windows File Explorer screen background is black with white text. How can I change it to white background with black text? ***Original title: Windows File Explorer***...
  10. mouse theme is returning to basic when rebooting.

mouse theme is returning to basic when rebooting.: [ATTACH] I changed theme of mouse pointer as I uploaded, but when I reboot then theme is returning to basic one every time. If I open that settings up and push 'OK', the theme will be succeed to use until system turns off. but I feel really uncomfortable. I'm using...