Windows 10: Windows battery saver turns on at random percentages

Discus and support Windows battery saver turns on at random percentages in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every day my battery saver used to turn on at 40%. I would click on the battery icon, go to the battery settings, and manually change it to 20% and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MT1C, Mar 26, 2021.

1. MT1C Win User

Windows battery saver turns on at random percentages

Every day my battery saver used to turn on at 40%. I would click on the battery icon, go to the battery settings, and manually change it to 20% and it would wait until 20% to turn back on. The next day it would revert back to 40% again and I would have to manually change it to 20%. Now, it has decided to turn on at 50%. Every day I manually change it back to 20% but it reverts again the next day.

I don't want to change any of the power options or the screen dimming or timeout, I just want the battery saver to turn on at 20%. How can I make the change stick without reverting?

:)

2. John Fer Win User

Battery Saver Mode not working Windows 10 pro

Thank you for the information. There are several ways on how to turn On or Off battery saver in Windows 10. We suggest trying the steps below and check If it will work for you:

Method 1:

• Open the Action Center (Windows key +
      A
      ).
    • Click on the Battery saver action button to toggle it On or Off.

Method 2:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Choose Battery on the left side and turn On or Off the
      Battery saver status until next charge
      option.
    • Close Settings once done.

Method 3:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Choose Battery on the left side and check the “Turn battery saver on automatically if my battery falls below:”.
    • Adjust the slider to the battery percentage level you want.
    • Check or uncheck the Lower screen brightness while in battery saver option if you want.
    • Close Settings once done.

Let us know how this goes.

John Fer, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Laptop turns off & battery stuck at same percentage

I've followed the suggestions people posted on that thread but nothing solved the problem so far. I've made a short screenshot of the battery report which explains whats going on better:

Windows battery saver turns on at random percentages [​IMG]

The battery is on AC for some reason and won't charge, i've tried taking the battery out and inserting it in again while it was on AC but still no success.

Configuration, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Suman_B Win User

Battery saver allways on

Hi EdyXR,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager and then select Device Manager.

2. From Device Manager, expand the Batteries category.

3. Double-tap or double-click Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, select the Driver tab, and select Uninstall > OK, Driver will be reinstalled automatically when you restart your Laptop.

4. Shut down your laptop.

5. Remove the battery if you have a Removable battery.

6. Skip the step if your laptop doesn’t have a removable battery.

7. Insert the batter back if you removed it.

8. Power on your laptop.

9. Once this steps are performed, follow the below steps to turn off the Battery saver.

Turn off Batter saver.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Settings and then select Settings.

1. Once the Settings app is running, click System icon

2. In the left-pane, tap or click Battery Saver to see overview of battery saver feature

3. Click on Battery saver settings, uncheck the option titled Turn battery saver on automatically if my battery falls below option to disable Battery Saver feature.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows battery saver turns on at random percentages - Similar Threads - battery saver turns

2. Battery percentage is not decreasing and crashing all of sudden when it turns zero percentage!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery percentage is not decreasing and crashing all of sudden when it turns zero percentage!: Hello all,from past few days i have been observing few complication with my laptop battery percentage indication.After charging my laptop, battery percentage will stuck at the same level, it will not show the decrement in the percentage of it. and when it reach to zero it got...
  3. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Percentage: I want the battery charge percentage visible while charging without taking the pointer to the icon. Is that feature already in Win10 or not?If not please take my suggestion and make an update. This is not a major issue, it's just that I am always worried I might keep the...
  4. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Percentage: I want the battery charge percentage visible while charging without taking the pointer to the icon. Is that feature already in Win10 or not?If not please take my suggestion and make an update. This is not a major issue, it's just that I am always worried I might keep the...
  5. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Can't turn battery saver off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't turn battery saver off: when my laptop is unplugged, even if it has 100%, the battery saver is on. I switch it to off in settings, then it automatically resets to on, and I cant switch it off....
  7. battery percentage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    battery percentage: after updating to 1809 my battery percentage does not not change from 100% nor doed percentage show in taskbar icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-percentage/c870e216-a100-4c31-ac0b-665f3b954b17
  8. Unable to turn off Battery saver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to turn off Battery saver: Hello guys, i can*t turn off the battery saver..do u know why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-off-battery-saver/2fcc8775-4013-4054-9b22-727bfcd2fdd6
  9. battery saver not turning on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery saver not turning on windows 10: Battery saver not turning on in my windows 10 laptop. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver-not-turning-on-windows-10/d6a82592-0118-49a1-9950-8f9262094505
  10. Turn On or Off Battery Saver in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Battery Saver in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Battery Saver in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Battery Saver in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new battery saver feature that conserves your PC's battery by limiting background activity and adjusting hardware settings. Battery saver will...