Windows 10: Windows becomes unresponsive while using the windows explorer.

Discus and support Windows becomes unresponsive while using the windows explorer. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer is running Windows 10 Pro Feature experience Pack: 120.2212.31.0 Over the last few days, while using Windows explorer to find some file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DadVenta, Nov 11, 2020.

1. DadVenta Win User

Windows becomes unresponsive while using the windows explorer.

My computer is running Windows 10 Pro

Feature experience Pack: 120.2212.31.0

Over the last few days, while using Windows explorer to find some file I need, the windows explorer becomes unresponsive and then the entire computer becomes unresponsive, not even the task manager works. My only way to get out of the condition is to press and hold the power button which I've had to do many times while this has been going on.

This morning, I've opened the Event Viewer and under Windows Logs -> Applications, I've found several "Windows Error Reporting" events that concur with the date/time when I've had this problem.

The General description of the event is:

Fault bucket 0xCFFFFFFF_IMAGE_FLTMGR.SYS, type 0

Event Name: AppTermFailureEvent

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1:

P2:

P3:

P4:

P5:

P6:

P7:

P8:

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

\\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WER4E5A.tmpatk.kdmp

\\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WER4E6B.tmp.appcompat.txt

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4E9B.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4EAB.tmp.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4EBA.tmp.csv

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4F09.tmp.txt

\\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WER4F29.tmp.xml

These files may be available here:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Kernel_0_0_00000000_41e751ff-e8dc-4f46-bb71-ce168d5db346

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: efe5c1b2-cc1b-48a2-8ad8-b8b352d8b4e1

Report Status: 268440038

Hashed bucket:

Cab Guid: 0

Any ideas as to what is causing this problem?

:)

DadVenta, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Windows becomes unresponsive while using the windows explorer. :p

Frick, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows becomes unresponsive while using the windows explorer. - Similar Threads - becomes unresponsive while

2. Why does Windows Explorer frequently become completely unresponsive upon opening, while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows Explorer frequently become completely unresponsive upon opening, while...: When I open certain folders in Explorer it sort of hangs, while visually all columns aside from the icon at the very left go blank, one by one down the list. Once this reaches the bottom of the folder, it "blinks" and visually loads everything correctly. While this is...
  3. Why does Windows Explorer frequently become completely unresponsive upon opening, while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows Explorer frequently become completely unresponsive upon opening, while...: When I open certain folders in Explorer it sort of hangs, while visually all columns aside from the icon at the very left go blank, one by one down the list. Once this reaches the bottom of the folder, it "blinks" and visually loads everything correctly. While this is...
  4. Windows has become unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has become unresponsive.: I was trying to end a different task via Task Manager accidentally ended a process called Windows Explorer. I had a black screen and I turned the computer off than on again and after I entered the password the entire system froze and became unresponsive exept for the mouse. I...
  5. Windows has become unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows has become unresponsive.: I was trying to end a different task via Task Manager accidentally ended a process called Windows Explorer. I had a black screen and I turned the computer off than on again and after I entered the password the entire system froze and became unresponsive exept for the mouse. I...
  6. Windows has become unresponsive.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 becomes unresponsive intermittently

Windows 10 becomes unresponsive intermittently: So this just started happening today. I had one firefox with 4~5 Tabs open and I opened Thunderbird. If I would click one program after the other, Windows would just freeze for a couple of seconds. The problem is not specific to Firefox or Thunderbird. It seems to happen...
  8. Windows 10 freezes and becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezes and becomes unresponsive: Hi all, For a few days now, after a few minutes of use the computer becomes unresponsive and I have to reboot because there is no other solution. For example, when this happens, I am able to move the pinned icons from the bottom bar anywhere. I have done the last...
  9. Windows keeps becoming unresponsive

Windows keeps becoming unresponsive: I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard and ram and upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I'm using a dual monitor setup and have a graphics card installed. I keep having an issue every couple of hours where my computer will start to run very slow. Then after about a...
  10. SSD becomes unresponsive in 30 seconds once it becomes in Use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD becomes unresponsive in 30 seconds once it becomes in Use: SSD = Samsung 850 Evo 250g which has Windows 10 OS on it - we shall call it Alpha HDD - Maxtor 500g which has Windows 8.1 OS on it - we shall call it Beta This machine/SSD has been build 1 month ago with no issue until 2 days ago. So my Alpha drive is the main...