Windows 10: Windows behaving oddly

Discus and support Windows behaving oddly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi My PC froze while playing a game and after restart the windows 10 has been acting weird. First it takes long to login and the screen goes from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by coder789, Jun 20, 2020.

1. coder789 Win User

Windows behaving oddly

Hi

My PC froze while playing a game and after restart the windows 10 has been acting weird. First it takes long to login and the screen goes from black to back and windows keeps reopening file manager. And now when that is over when I click the startup button or the search button nothing happens.

I tried restarting couple of times but always the same

Is there a fix for this?

thanks!

:)

coder789, Jun 20, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Explorer Behaving oddly

Hi Alexander,

There may be an issue with your current user profile that is why you're experiencing the issue. Just to clarify, were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue? We suggest that you create a new user account for us to know if the
    issue will also occur while using a new profile. To create a new account, follow these steps:

• Right click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt window, type net user [username] /add, and then press
      Enter.
    • In the command prompt window again, type net localgroup administrators
      [username] /add
      , and then press Enter.
    • Sign out to your current user account, and then sign in to the new account.
    • Check if the issue will occur on the new account.

We'll be waiting for the result.

Argel Obm, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Explorer Behaving oddly

Your current user profile may have accumulated a large amount of Temporary files and Thumbnails that is why your files are not appearing properly in File Explorer. We suggest that you clear the Temporary files and Thumbnails using the
    Disk Cleanup program. To know how to use Disk Cleanup, follow the steps
    here.

Let us know the outcome after deleting the Temporary files and Thumbnails.

Argel Obm, Jun 20, 2020
  4. tcebob Win User

Windows behaving oddly

DVD drive behaving oddly

Well, my DVD drive has been behaving oddly of late. I use it mostly for audio playback with my aging but still great CDs and occasionally for trying to make a bootable DVD ISO. (So far, no luck.) But after the system goes to sleep and reawakens the drive is invisible and cannot be used without rebooting. After reboot it takes about a minute (with a disk loaded) to be recognized, after which Winamp takes over and the music plays. The system apparently does not recognize blank DVDs, which makes using them awkward.

That's part of the problem. The other part is that, somehow, I have acquired a drive (EWindows behaving oddly :) CD Drive. This is not listed in diskmgmt.msc but appears in File Explorer and Total Commander. Clicking on it produces a "drive not found" message. The normal (JWindows behaving oddly :) DVD RW DRIVE - Audio CD Is present.

So 1. How can I tame the DVD drive to respond to a disk after sleep?
    and 2. How can I get rid of (EWindows behaving oddly :) CD Drive?

I ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:G:\Sources\Install.esd:1 and SFC /scannow successfully.

tcebob, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows behaving oddly

1. Windows behaving oddly - Similar Threads - behaving oddly

2. My touchpad buttons are behaving oddly -- they only click/select, but literally nothing else.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad buttons are behaving oddly -- they only click/select, but literally nothing else.: I got a new laptop recently It runs on the Windows 11 operating system, and essentially the touchpad buttons behave weirdly. Left-clicking and right-clicking both do the exact same thing -- they just click. I can open and close tabs, select/open apps, etc, however, the...
  3. My touchpad buttons are behaving oddly -- they only click/select, but literally nothing else.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My touchpad buttons are behaving oddly -- they only click/select, but literally nothing else.: I got a new laptop recently It runs on the Windows 11 operating system, and essentially the touchpad buttons behave weirdly. Left-clicking and right-clicking both do the exact same thing -- they just click. I can open and close tabs, select/open apps, etc, however, the...
  4. MSFS 2020/WINDOOWS 10 BEHAVING ODD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSFS 2020/WINDOOWS 10 BEHAVING ODD.: MY MSFS 2020/WINDOOWS 10 IS BEHAVING ODD. WHEN I GO INTO AN AIRCAFT COCKPIT, THE ENTIRE VIEW IS SPINNING ANTI CLOCK WISE AND CAN'T SEEM TO STOP IT. ANY IDEAS PLEASE?...
  5. MSFS 2020/WINDOOWS 10 BEHAVING ODD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS 2020/WINDOOWS 10 BEHAVING ODD.: MY MSFS 2020/WINDOOWS 10 IS BEHAVING ODD. WHEN I GO INTO AN AIRCAFT COCKPIT, THE ENTIRE VIEW IS SPINNING ANTI CLOCK WISE AND CAN'T SEEM TO STOP IT. ANY IDEAS PLEASE?...
  6. HP Laptop, Win10, keyboard behaving very oddly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laptop, Win10, keyboard behaving very oddly: Hi, A while ago my friend spilt some wine on his laptop keyboard. Bang & Olufsen Envy, with Windows 10. Since then he's had a very odd problem with it: In most cases it will ONLY type vowels and these vowels are all accented. If he opens an internet browser types...
  7. Windows 10 behaves oddly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 behaves oddly: I am on the latest build. And suddenly its started behaving strangely. Keyboard doesn't works properly, tried changing keyboard and tried on screen keyboard but not working. It thought it could be a malware found some suspicious apps deleted them but still probelm not solved....
  8. Windows Defender behaving oddly...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender behaving oddly...: Hi. Several manual attempts to run Defender in Windows 10 Pro on a Dell 7280 (RAM 16g and SSD at 65% capacity) resulted in only 15 files being scanned using both Quick and Full scan modes. Windows, Defender and all updates appear to be current. Defender was set for...
  9. After update in windows 10 my keyboard behaves oddly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After update in windows 10 my keyboard behaves oddly: What happens is: 1. When I hit the Ctrl + letter, now I need to release and press Ctrl again to make it work. Before it I could just hold Ctrl and press the button - it worked fine. 2. I created a combination "AltGr + k" 10 years ago and it prints backslash. Always worked...
  10. Fast Start and shutdown behaving a little oddly.

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Start and shutdown behaving a little oddly.: I have 'Fast Start' enabled in power options. It is ticked as being on. That said it is only fair to say that I deliberately did have it turned off while initially clean installing and setting up FCU a couple of weeks ago. So... a few days ago I turned it back on and...