Windows 10: Windows bing search bar doesnt work

Discus and support Windows bing search bar doesnt work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having this problem for a day now and thought it would fix itself but it didn't. When I got to type in my search bar next to the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LordEggo420, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Windows bing search bar doesnt work

Hi, I've been having this problem for a day now and thought it would fix itself but it didn't. When I got to type in my search bar next to the windows icon it doesn't type or search, I also cant access settings too, I've tried to press the windows home button to go to settings and see what's up but I got no response, then I look for longer methods of getting into settings and those too are disabled. Then I run windows run to see if that works but it says it can't find the file, lastly, I try the command prompt, and still no luck. I've run an antivirus and the works and nothing, even when I reset. I open the control center and task manager through ctrl+alt+delete and command prompt. I look for suspicious things running, none found but instead what I noticed was that "search" (that's what it was called in task manager) was suspended along with other things. I'm not sure if this would help but I have a dell G3 with core i5 and NVIDIA and when this problem occurred was after I did support assist and an NVIDIA driver update.
    Btw I can open programs and such just not settings

submitted by /u/LordEggo420
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LordEggo420, Dec 15, 2020

2. Bing Bar App for Windows 10

Hi Shirley,

We would like to advise you that the Bing Bar app is not compatible yet with Windows 10. Since its creating conflict when installing other device/program on your PC, we recommend uninstalling the Bing Bar app for the meantime by following the steps below:

• In the Windows Search bar, type Apps & features.
    • Open the Settings app and click the Programs and Features link under the Related settings section.
    • Once you are in the Control Panel window, scroll down and look for the Bing Bar app.
    • Right-click the app and click Uninstall.

After performing the steps above, kindly advise us with the result.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 15, 2020
  3. how to remove bing

Hi NCA666,

My name is Roger W, an independent advisor trying to help. Let's try with the following suggestions, please:

Step 1:

Steps for removing Bing from search bar:

1. In Search type “Cortana & Search Settings” and hit enter.

2. You will have to find “Search online and include web results” feature and toggle the switch to disable it.

Note: Set the switch to “Off” state.

3. Reboot the Windows 10 device and your Bing search bar should be disabled.

Step 2:

Steps for removing Bing from the Browser.

Open Internet Explorer and click on the Gear icon.

Click on the ‘Manage add-ons’ option.

Click on ‘Search Providers’ which is on left pane.

Right click on ‘Bing’ where is listed under the ‘Name:’ column.

Click on ‘Remove’ from the drop-down menu.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

RogerWaltes98, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Windows bing search bar doesnt work

Bing Search Bar

Hello,

Please answer the questions below:

• Are you mentioning about the Bing search bar in the Internet explorer or Microsoft Edge?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

Please get back to us with the information and also with a screenshot that will help us to understand the issue better.

I would suggest you to check this link and see if it helps.

How to include a screenshot in your post

If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows bing search bar doesnt work

1. Windows bing search bar doesnt work - Similar Threads - bing search bar

2. bing search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bing search bar: A Bing search bar just appeared out of nowhere on my home screen, and nothing on the web has helped me to get rid of it. Do you have a method that will work ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-search-bar/5f7c8eda-1a6f-430b-a2de-f9646df7b28d
  3. bing search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    bing search bar: A Bing search bar just appeared out of nowhere on my home screen, and nothing on the web has helped me to get rid of it. Do you have a method that will work ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-search-bar/5f7c8eda-1a6f-430b-a2de-f9646df7b28d
  4. bing search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Search doesnt work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search doesnt work: I wanted to find sth in win search but it doesnt work. The tab doesnt open at all, I click on the search function on the bar and the search tab doesnt pop out, nothing happens, like I wouldnt click it. What is going on? Restarting PC didnt help at all. submitted by...
  6. why doesnt my windows search bar does not work

in Cortana
    why doesnt my windows search bar does not work: why doesnt my windows search bar does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-my-windows-search-bar-does-not-work/b4584712-227c-4b55-9d30-d647a3210a10
  7. Windows 10 search bar now with Bing Visual Search

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 search bar now with Bing Visual Search: Every day, we have questions. Search engines, apps, digital voice assistants, or phones are usually our go-to places to find answers. You may already know that you can use the search bar in Windows – found on your PC taskbar – to find things like an app, setting, or a file...
  8. Search bar and cortana doesnt work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar and cortana doesnt work: Hello everyone, today i just updatet my windows from version 1809 to 1909. When i try to click on search icon nothing happens and same with cortana. I actually dont really care about cortana but the search bar makes me pretty angry. I have tried lot of fixes i found on...
  9. Searching with the Bing Search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Searching with the Bing Search bar: When I enter a search in the Bing search bar on the screen of my desk top computer, the search comes on the minimized window, but will not open in Maximized view. What caused this and how can it be fixed to open the window on the screen instead of the bottom task bar on the...
  10. windows search doesnt work

in Cortana
    windows search doesnt work: i can't search in windows search [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-doesnt-work/4d786bf9-0dde-4323-9f84-e3122b8a0b71"