Windows 10: windows biometric service

Discus and support windows biometric service in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows biometric service is constantly active taking up 18 to 22 percent of CPU capacity. Is there any way to isolate the source? A clean boot will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TOABill, Apr 17, 2019.

1. TOABill Win User

windows biometric service

Windows biometric service is constantly active taking up 18 to 22 percent of CPU capacity. Is there any way to isolate the source? A clean boot will require a fair amount of time that I don't wish to waste.

:)

TOABill, Apr 17, 2019

2. biometric devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Enable Biometric option.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
      key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates Windows Components Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Select enable option and click on Apply and
    OK button.

Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided below.

After restarting the computer, I suggest you to disconnect and reconnect the fingerprint sensor device and check if the drivers are getting detected in Device Manager. If the issue still persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Reinstall drivers and compatibility mode.

I suggest you to download and install the latest drives for fingerprint sensor device from the manufacture’s website and check if it gets detected.

If the issue still persist, you may also install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

After installing the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the method 3 and check if you are able to get the sign in option with Biometric.

Method 3:

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.

For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...448(v=vs.85).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 17, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 17, 2019
  4. windows biometric service

How to change from Microsoft a/c logon to biometric fingerprint logon

Hi Vince,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates Windows Components Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Select enable option and click on Apply and
    OK button.

Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided below.

After restarting the computer, I suggest you to disconnect and reconnect the fingerprint sensor device and check if the drivers are getting detected in Device Manager.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.
    For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...448(v=vs.85).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

windows biometric service

1. windows biometric service - Similar Threads - biometric service

2. windows biometric service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows biometric service: I use windows 11, and my laptop has a fingerprint scanner.Windows biometric service uses a high volume of CPU when the laptop plug-in AC power.How can I schedule windows biometric service or what happens if I disable it?...
  3. windows biometric service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows biometric service: I use windows 11, and my laptop has a fingerprint scanner.Windows biometric service uses a high volume of CPU when the laptop plug-in AC power.How can I schedule windows biometric service or what happens if I disable it?...
  4. Windows Biometric Service stopped working [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Biometric Service stopped working [Fixed]: [ATTACH]Using biometrics (fingerprint or face) aka Windows Hello to log into your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer can be much more convenient and secure than using a password, more so when used as part of multi-factor authentication. If you have encountered the issue...
  5. Windows Biometric Service has stopped working . It happens multiple times throughout the day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Biometric Service has stopped working . It happens multiple times throughout the day.: Every single day there are entries in the reliability monitor stating Windows Biometric Service has stopped working. I am also worried this triggers other kinds of problems like sound stutters, freezes, and occasionally blue screens.Below is the description whereas the status...
  6. Windows Biometric Service has stopped working . It happens multiple times throughout the day.

Windows Biometric Service has stopped working . It happens multiple times throughout the day.: Every single day there are entries in the reliability monitor stating Windows Biometric Service has stopped working. I am also worried this triggers other kinds of problems like sound stutters, freezes, and occasionally blue screens.Below is the description whereas the status...
  7. Why is Windows Biometric Service randomly stopping with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows Biometric Service randomly stopping with Windows 11: My fingerprint scanner has stopped working multiple times since I upgraded to Windows 11. 25% of the time windows has presented a driver update which temporarily resolved the issue. 25% of the time there has been a driver update available, but I have had to search through the...
  8. Why is Windows Biometric Service randomly stopping with Windows 11

Why is Windows Biometric Service randomly stopping with Windows 11: My fingerprint scanner has stopped working multiple times since I upgraded to Windows 11. 25% of the time windows has presented a driver update which temporarily resolved the issue. 25% of the time there has been a driver update available, but I have had to search through the...
  9. windows biometric service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows biometric service: [ATTACH] windows biometric service https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E6%88%91%E6%83%B3%E8%A6%81%E7%A6%81%E7%94%A8windo/7b683513-5307-489f-a854-fcad9f0a89cd
  10. How to delete fingerprint data when "Windows Biometrics Service" doesn't exist?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete fingerprint data when "Windows Biometrics Service" doesn't exist?: The solution of the problem with ancient user account biometric data described here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/remove-old-fingerprintface-from-deleted-account/6c377f24-ba0b-4628-8268-6a53ae4ed8fa cannot be execute due to the lack of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. biometric drivers

2. what is windows biometric service

3. biometric devices windows 10

4. windows biometric service taking up cpu,
  5. computer biometric device windows 10,
  6. biometrics device windows 10,
  7. windows 10 biometric,
  8. windows 10 biometric devices not working every start up,
  9. microsoft biometric facial recognition driver,
  10. win 10 biometric,
  11. Windows Biometric Service 2019