Windows 10: windows biometric service

Discus and support windows biometric service in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows biometric service is constantly active taking up 18 to 22 percent of CPU capacity. Is there any way to isolate the source? A clean boot will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TOABill, Apr 17, 2019 at 12:27 PM.

1. TOABill Win User

windows biometric service

Windows biometric service is constantly active taking up 18 to 22 percent of CPU capacity. Is there any way to isolate the source? A clean boot will require a fair amount of time that I don't wish to waste.

:)

2. biometric devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Enable Biometric option.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
      key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates Windows Components Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Select enable option and click on Apply and
    OK button.

Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided below.

After restarting the computer, I suggest you to disconnect and reconnect the fingerprint sensor device and check if the drivers are getting detected in Device Manager. If the issue still persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Reinstall drivers and compatibility mode.

I suggest you to download and install the latest drives for fingerprint sensor device from the manufacture’s website and check if it gets detected.

If the issue still persist, you may also install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

After installing the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the method 3 and check if you are able to get the sign in option with Biometric.

Method 3:

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.

For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...448(v=vs.85).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 17, 2019 at 12:28 PM
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 17, 2019 at 12:28 PM
  4. windows biometric service

How to change from Microsoft a/c logon to biometric fingerprint logon

Hi Vince,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates Windows Components Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Select enable option and click on Apply and
    OK button.

Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided below.

After restarting the computer, I suggest you to disconnect and reconnect the fingerprint sensor device and check if the drivers are getting detected in Device Manager.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.
    For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...448(v=vs.85).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Hope this information is helpful.

Thema:

windows biometric service

1. windows biometric service - Similar Threads - biometric service

2. Activating Biometrics with AD + Azure AD + O365

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Activating Biometrics with AD + Azure AD + O365: Hi! I'm looking for a solution or answer for a question. Our AD is running on Windows Server 2012 R2, we also have Azure AD license and we're using O365 products. We're looking ways to make our system better, secure and better for our users. We attempted to enable...
  3. windows 10 hello biometrics are missing from device management

windows 10 hello biometrics are missing from device management: the windows 10 hello biometrics are missing from device management they was there in device management but it had a issue I uninstalled it and now it wont reinstall it I was able to use Hello with my Xbox One Kinect and now I cant get to work again, I tried everything and...
  4. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working After Installing New SSD, Biometric Drivers No Longer...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fingerprint Scanner Not Working After Installing New SSD, Biometric Drivers No Longer...: I updated by Evoo 14 inch laptop to a new SSD card. Now the fingerprint scanner does not work and no biometric devices show up under the device manager. What should I do?...
  5. biometric devices is not found in the device manager, Windows 10 - Voyo V3 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    biometric devices is not found in the device manager, Windows 10 - Voyo V3 Pro: Hey guys, I wonder if anyone can help. I have a Voyo V3 Pro, but I've had no luck getting the finger print scanner to work. It doesn't show in the device manager at all (under biometrics). I heard this may be a windows Home thing, so I upgraded to Pro, but this hasn't...
  6. Can't find biometric devices in the device manager - Voyo V3 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't find biometric devices in the device manager - Voyo V3 Pro: Hey guys, I wonder if anyone can help. I have a Voyo V3 Pro, but I've had no luck getting the finger print scanner to work. It doesn't show in the device manager at all (under biometrics). I heard this may be a windows Home thing, so I upgraded to Pro, but this hasn't...
  7. Accidentally Uninstalled Biometric using Device Manager and its not coming back

Accidentally Uninstalled Biometric using Device Manager and its not coming back: Hello, I seem to have permanently deleted the "biometric devices" category in the Device Manger. Windows Hello using a biometric device no longer works. I have a home built desktop with a Mouse Cm-01a Window Hello camera. It was working very well for about a year. Some...
  8. biometric validity not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    biometric validity not working: im using HP pavilion dv6-6150us. At first my fingerprint sensor was working correctly with windows 10 build 1703. After i clean installed windows 10 build 1803, my fingerprint doesn't work anymore. i have installed 1809 and its the same problem. i check device manager and...
  9. Biometrics Missing and Not Functioning

Biometrics Missing and Not Functioning: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 5558 PC laptop running Windows 10. I have tried to activate Windows Hello, and searched for the fingerprint reader in the Device manager. However, there isn't even a biometrics category! So there isn't a fingerprint or facial recognition...
  10. Need biometric device driver for Windows 10

Need biometric device driver for Windows 10: I stupidly deleted the Biometric device driver and now, of course, the Windows sign-in options tells me that Windows Hello is not available on this computer. I've tried rebooting which didn't help. The Device Manager doesn't show any Biometric heading, which it did before I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Biometric Service 2019