Windows 10: windows/bios drive detection issue

Discus and support windows/bios drive detection issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to install windows 10 onto my fresh build but it can't find the SSD or m.2 I have installed. Bios pick up both but as soon as I go into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Clayton O, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Clayton O Win User

windows/bios drive detection issue

I am trying to install windows 10 onto my fresh build but it can't find the SSD or m.2 I have installed. Bios pick up both but as soon as I go into the setup process and get to the storage selection their gone. I think I've narrowed the problem down to a drive that I need to select to find them but I've looked and have either skipped over it or am just looking in the wrong place. would anyone happen to have a link or know where i should look?

:)

Clayton O, Apr 24, 2022
  2. little cat, Apr 24, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Internal hard drive not getting detected after upgrading the computer to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after upgrading your computer to Windows 10, the 8TB internal hard drive is not getting detected. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• How did you upgrade the computer to Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see the hard drive in BIOS?
    • Are you using a Desktop or a Laptop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer you are using?

I would suggest you to check if the hard drive is being detected in BIOS. If the hard drive is not being detected in BIOS, then it could be a connectivity issue between the hard drive and the motherboard.

However, if the hard drive is getting detected in BIOS, I would suggest you to try updating the storage drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website and see if that helps.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 24, 2022
  4. windows/bios drive detection issue

BIOS not detecting SATA hard drives

What was the previous board SiGn?

Check device listings to see if the bios mentions them there. If they are their your having boot priority issues and not an issue as I see with the hard drives themselves. Did you have them setup in a RAID array?

JrRacinFan, Apr 24, 2022
Thema:

windows/bios drive detection issue

1. windows/bios drive detection issue - Similar Threads - bios drive detection

2. Drive Detected in Bios but Nowhere else.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive Detected in Bios but Nowhere else.: I have 2 SSDs and only one is detected anywhere else except the bios, I have tried a fix but it did not work. Both drives were working, however one has stopped....
  3. Drive Detected in Bios but Nowhere else.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive Detected in Bios but Nowhere else.: I have 2 SSDs and only one is detected anywhere else except the bios, I have tried a fix but it did not work. Both drives were working, however one has stopped....
  4. Drive Detected in Bios but Nowhere else.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. windows/bios drive detection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows/bios drive detection issue: I am trying to install windows 10 onto my fresh build but it can't find the SSD or m.2 I have installed. Bios pick up both but as soon as I go into the setup process and get to the storage selection their gone. I think I've narrowed the problem down to a drive that I need to...
  6. windows/bios drive detection issue

windows/bios drive detection issue: I am trying to install windows 10 onto my fresh build but it can't find the SSD or m.2 I have installed. Bios pick up both but as soon as I go into the setup process and get to the storage selection their gone. I think I've narrowed the problem down to a drive that I need to...
  7. Windows 11 Detects Drives BIOS Not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Detects Drives BIOS Not: Yesterday Windows 11 would not detect a SSD. I reinstalled Windows from install media on a flash drive. Windows 11 Explorer did not recognize the drive and Disk Management did. Disk Management allowed me to rename the drive letter, but wouldn't allow several choices. Ever...
  8. Windows 11 Detects Drives BIOS Not

Windows 11 Detects Drives BIOS Not: Yesterday Windows 11 would not detect a SSD. I reinstalled Windows from install media on a flash drive. Windows 11 Explorer did not recognize the drive and Disk Management did. Disk Management allowed me to rename the drive letter, but wouldn't allow several choices. Ever...
  9. Pen Drive not being detected by BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pen Drive not being detected by BIOS: I just wanted to TRYDon't kill me Microsoft, I am not leaving Windows Linux Mint on a real hardware, so I installed as per the given guides on the internet on a USB, but whenever I plug in the USB, Windows CAN detect the USB and lets me go in there, but my BIOS cannot. My...
  10. SDD drive is not being detected by bios

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SDD drive is not being detected by bios: My internal storage disk is no longer being detected by my BIOS. This happened after i experienced a blue screen of death and ever since my disk stopped being detected. What could be the problem? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...